PDA

View Full Version : 2010 European Mens Medal Predikt (Post Nat's)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Ziggy
01-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Me too! Plus if they are both on the podium what a good looking podium that would be :). Imagine a mens podium with Joubert, Verner, and some other attractive guy like Contesti, KVDP, Brezina, or Fernandez and then a ladies podium with Korpi, Kostner, and some other pretty girl like Gede or Helgesson :). What a beauty pageant that would be :lol:

Attractive skating over attractive faces on the podium please.

pinky166
01-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Attractive skating over attractive faces on the podium please.

Yes but the clincher is the skaters I listed are capable of BOTH! Yess :) Beautiful people skating beautifully, what could be better? :P

Ziggy
01-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Yes but the clincher is the skaters I listed are capable of BOTH! Yess :) Beautiful people skating beautifully, what could be better? :P

Contesti has awful posture, awful lines and subpar basic skating. His programs can be entertaining at least, I guess.

KVDP has awful basics, his programs are totally empty, he's quite slow, has poor ice coverage and isn't even making the slightest effort to present his programs. How his skating could be described as "beautiful," I will never understand.

Kostner has beautiful skating skills I guess. :P

Korpi... uhhmmm.... *tumbleweed* She's a skater that I find it extremely hard to say anything specific about, other than she's pretty. Her skating and her programs are always just so non-descript.

The rest I can agree on.

pinky166
01-06-2011, 04:16 AM
Contesti has awful posture, awful lines and subpar basic skating. His programs can be entertaining at least, I guess.

KVDP has awful basics, his programs are totally empty, he's quite slow, has poor ice coverage and isn't even making the slightest effort to present his programs. How his skating could be described as "beautiful," I will never understand.

Kostner has beautiful skating skills I guess. :P

Korpi... uhhmmm.... *tumbleweed* She's a skater that I find it extremely hard to say anything specific about, other than she's pretty. Her skating and her programs are always just so non-descript.

The rest I can agree on.

KVDP's 4t-3t-3t and 3a-3t-3t combinations are beautiful! Kiira has beautiful stroking, edges, and basics and plus her good looks are so distracting you don't really notice the flaws of her skating. Contesti, yeah, he's not a beautiful skater, but he can be really entertaining which is almost as good! Plus some of his spins are beautiful!

let`s talk
01-06-2011, 12:05 PM
MESHOV! I wanna see quad loop!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx3GnlX4TlY
:respec:

He looks pretty confident in those jumps, at least in practice. I think he should put all of them (4T, 4S, 4L) in SP and FS. He has nothing to lose anyway. Nobody knows if he will go to Euros or Worlds next season. Why not to try his chance now if the fate gave him this lucky opportunity.

caseyedwards
01-06-2011, 08:41 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx3GnlX4TlY
:respec:

He looks pretty confident in those jumps, at least in practice. I think he should put all of them (4T, 4S, 4L) in SP and FS. He has nothing to lose anyway. Nobody knows if he will go to Euros or Worlds next season. Why not to try his chance now if the fate gave him this lucky opportunity.

The Russian federation could drop him so fast from the worlds spot that I think at Euros he should do exactly what he did at Russian nationals but for worlds there is a strong possibility he would never return again and there he should go for broke! Do the 4t4t combo and the quad loop and salchow. I mean I wouldn't want him to injure himself or anything but he might not get out of Russia again! It would depend on how Gachinksi is feeling at Euros. Gachinksi is seen as on a different level than Menhsov. Darn that one spot for worlds!

deedeelocks
01-06-2011, 09:19 PM
'
Tomas has been talking a lot about improving his consistency but I haven't exactly seen that much progress.

I mean he even fell on a spin at 3 Nationals... The headcase-ism is still there.
:D I seem to remember you said about the same thing (previous post too) in 2008... so please :cheer2: :lol:

I still do not count on anything with Tomas. The signs so far are good, but we haven't had any big competitions yet...

pinky166
01-06-2011, 10:20 PM
'
:D I seem to remember you said about the same thing (previous post too) in 2008... so please :cheer2: :lol:

I still do not count on anything with Tomas. The signs so far are good, but we haven't had any big competitions yet...

Yes but hell froze over this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tomas, Alissa, and Carolina all medal at worlds :D

let`s talk
01-08-2011, 10:54 AM
if they are both on the podium what a good looking podium that would be :). Imagine a mens podium with Joubert, Verner, and some other attractive guy like Contesti, KVDP, Brezina, or Fernandez
:cool:
www.passion-patinage.com/IMG/jpg/Euros_14-2.jpg

pinky166
01-08-2011, 03:33 PM
:cool:
www.passion-patinage.com/IMG/jpg/Euros_14-2.jpg

That's what I'm talking about :). Contesti's unibrow has to go though, although he is still handsome with it. Speaking of Joubert, who is he training with now? I feel like he's been sort of on his own since the Olympics last year.

SmallFairy
01-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Menshov on the podium would be :kickass:

Can't wait to see him, so happy he finally made it out of Russia!!!

and btw Ziggy; every word you wrote about Contesti and VDP is so true, I don't have to repeat what I think of these skaters, you already said it all:yikes:

Andrey aka Pushkin
01-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Ziggy makes sense :scream:

Now I really can believe that hell has frozen and Verner got himself some consistency! :cheer2:

But then again, with his gf, who needs anything else?

let`s talk
01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Speaking of Joubert, who is he training with now? I feel like he's been sort of on his own since the Olympics last year.He returned to his original and long-term coach Veronique Guyon, in May 2010.

ninadel
01-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Now I really can believe that hell has frozen and Verner got himself some consistency! :cheer2:

But then again, with his gf, who needs anything else?

his recent skates since gpf have been making me nervous! nationals were pretty sloppy and at the detroit exhibition this weekend he apparently popped some jumps. this + stadium issues = another verner performance i'll watch with my eyes half covered. but he has a good shot at a medal regardless.

Finnice
01-09-2011, 12:12 PM

This season she has very good programs:P