PDA

View Full Version : 2010 European Mens Medal Predikt (Post Nat's)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

robinhood
01-02-2011, 01:20 AM
I suppose Verner will win. He's looking mighty consistent this year
I'm torn with Javier. For one side, I wish him well and a good recovery from his injuries. For the other one I can't stand Morozov and maybe a bad result wouldn't be a negative thing in the long term, if he manages to change coaches
I missed Brezina this year. He was amazing last season and could have been a contender for gold

Jaana
01-02-2011, 09:04 AM
I voted for the following men on the podium (in alphabetical order):

Joubert
Menshov
Verner

let`s talk
01-02-2011, 01:31 PM
I will say the same thing as before Nats: Brian will win.

pinky166
01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
I will say the same thing as before Nats: Brian will win.

I feel like Joubert is always 1st or 3rd at Europeans, I believe the last time he was 2nd at Europeans was in 2005, so I'd say he's due for another silver medal here. So if that happens, it's likely Verner or Amodio will be the champion.

Ziggy
01-03-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm hoping that all the skaters people are predicting bomb (and Joubert and Verner are definitely likely to do that) and we'll end up with some mad crazy podium like Menshov > Berntsson > Fernandez or whatever. Wouldn't that be a void? :)

pinky166
01-03-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm hoping that all the skaters people are predicting bomb (and Joubert and Verner are definitely likely to do that) and we'll end up with some mad crazy podium like Menshov > Berntsson > Fernandez or whatever. Wouldn't that be a void? :)

No because Tomas and Brian have already bombed enough time in their careers. Tomas especially seems to have made a lot of progress this season in improving his consistency so it would be sad to see him implode, and Brian too after the convincing comeback he made at French Nationals. I hope to see them both skate well just because they are really impressive and captivating when they skate well, worthy champions.

Frau Muller
01-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Verner - Amodio - and (surprise!) KVDP

pinky166
01-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Verner - Amodio - and (surprise!) KVDP

No Joubert? That would be a first in like forever.

Ziggy
01-05-2011, 03:57 AM
No because Tomas and Brian have already bombed enough time in their careers. Tomas especially seems to have made a lot of progress this season in improving his consistency so it would be sad to see him implode, and Brian too after the convincing comeback he made at French Nationals. I hope to see them both skate well just because they are really impressive and captivating when they skate well, worthy champions.

Tomas has been talking a lot about improving his consistency but I haven't exactly seen that much progress.

I mean he even fell on a spin at 3 Nationals... The headcase-ism is still there.

pinky166
01-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Tomas has been talking a lot about improving his consistency but I haven't exactly seen that much progress.

I mean he even fell on a spin at 3 Nationals... The headcase-ism is still there.

He has actually made a lot of progress. In previous seasons it was pretty much given he'd single at least one intended triple axel in a competition in addition to singling or doubling another jump or two in the FS. This season, he has yet to pop a triple axel or any other jump in the FS. He did a 2lo at CoC but that wasn't a stamina issue b/c it was at the beginning of the program, it looked like he just didn't get a good edge going into it. He's had 1 poor SP (at the GPF) all season and his FS have all been solid, his lowest FS score is 144 which is quite an accomplishment for Tomas because in previous seasons he commonly had FS scores in the 130s and 120s, or even lower. I mean, his consistency isn't as great as some of the other men at this point, but for me I have definitely noticed a BIG improvement this season. He used to run out of steam at the end of his FS and he doesn't anymore.

He's on the road to redemption and things are working out well so far, and now that he'll have more time to train and work on things like the quad and his footwork, I wouldn't be surprised if he kicked some serious butt at Euros! He certainly has the talent. Am I the only one who thinks he has improved his consistency and overall skating quite a bit this season? To me it seems blatantly obvious that he is doing much better under his new coach, but maybe I'm the only one who sees it that way because I love Tomas so much :).

Ziggy
01-05-2011, 04:38 AM
Thanks for all the info. I guess the only competitions I've seen of him this season were the unlucky ones. ;)

Tomas and his family are very happy with Emerson. :)

let`s talk
01-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow! Tomas and Brian are so close here (76/75). I hope their competition in Euros will be as exciting!

poths
01-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Wheeeeeee.

:lol:

pinky166
01-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Wow! Tomas and Brian are so close here (76/75). I hope their competition in Euros will be as exciting!

Me too! Plus if they are both on the podium what a good looking podium that would be :). Imagine a mens podium with Joubert, Verner, and some other attractive guy like Contesti, KVDP, Brezina, or Fernandez and then a ladies podium with Korpi, Kostner, and some other pretty girl like Gede or Helgesson :). What a beauty pageant that would be :lol:

alchemy void
01-06-2011, 12:29 AM
MESHOV! I wanna see quad loop!