PDA

View Full Version : Irina Slutskaya's triple-triples video

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bartek
12-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi, last year I posted link to my video with Irina's triple-triples. I found some new combination, added them to my video and upload it again. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxFjlJpi5MY

Please watch, comment and share. Hope you like it. If you know some other combos of Irina's please let me know so that I can add them to the video. I know she attempted 3sal-3loop at 1996 Lalique though I can't find the video.

Tomorrow I will probably upload two new videos: one with Miki Ando's triple-triples and second one with all her quads attempts.

Domshabfan
12-29-2010, 02:17 PM
In the video, before each jump combination you have calculate the points for each jump combination, is that actually correct base value since I think each jump combination actually get 10% bonus added to the sum of each jump done alone.

ETA: my bad, there is no bonus for combinaton it seems, but i some how seems to remember reading that among several approved proposal at the last congress

HisWeirness
12-29-2010, 02:21 PM
ISU Rule 353:

Jump combinations are evaluated as one unit by adding the base values of the jumps included and applying the GOE with the numerical value of the most difficult jump.

Jump sequences are evaluated as one unit by adding the base values of the two highest value jumps, multiplying the result by 0.8 and after that applying the GOE with the numerical value of the most difficult jump.

The 10% bonus for combinations has been proposed, but never passed into the rules by the ISU Congress.

Domshabfan
12-29-2010, 02:24 PM
ISU Rule 353:

Jump combinations are evaluated as one unit by adding the base values of the jumps included and applying the GOE with the numerical value of the most difficult jump.

Jump sequences are evaluated as one unit by adding the base values of the two highest value jumps, multiplying the result by 0.8 and after that applying the GOE with the numerical value of the most difficult jump.

The 10% bonus for combinations has been proposed, but never passed into the rules by the ISU Congress.

Thanks, i relasied that when i went through GP protocols. anyway that would have been a fair thing to do

bartek
12-29-2010, 04:56 PM
I didn't know how to call her combo from Russian Nats 2002-2003. It would be 3S+3L+1L+2S so base value would be 11,20, more than for 3Lz+3L but I think that four jumps combinations are not allowed under IJS so my question is, wether whole combination would be counted as an invalid element or just last jump - 2S?

smarts1
12-29-2010, 11:20 PM
I didn't know how to call her combo from Russian Nats 2002-2003. It would be 3S+3L+1L+2S so base value would be 11,20, more than for 3Lz+3L but I think that four jumps combinations are not allowed under IJS so my question is, wether whole combination would be counted as an invalid element or just last jump - 2S?

The whole thing is invalid.

robinhood
12-30-2010, 06:51 PM
thanx for the video!
Irina was a great jumper, probably the best European lady ever but more than half of those attempts wouldn't be ratified today

pinky166
12-30-2010, 08:55 PM
I love Slutskaya. Adelina jumps just like her, it's exciting!

all_empty
01-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Triple-triple combos with loops on the end can cause terrible hip injuries if over-trained, but Irina attempted them throughout her entire career.

I thought her cleanest attempts came in 1997 and 2006 - an impressive 9 years apart.

As varied as Irina's combinations were (3S+3Lo, 3T+3T, 3Lz+3Lo), I think Miki Ando has landed more *different* types of triple-triples (3Lz+3Lo, 3F+3Lo, 3T+3Lo, 3T+3T). Not sure she's ever landed a 3S+3Lo, but she likely has.

Excidra
01-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I love Irina.

bartek
01-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Triple-triple combos with loops on the end can cause terrible hip injuries if over-trained, but Irina attempted them throughout her entire career.

I thought her cleanest attempts came in 1997 and 2006 - an impressive 9 years apart.

As varied as Irina's combinations were (3S+3Lo, 3T+3T, 3Lz+3Lo), I think Miki Ando has landed more *different* types of triple-triples (3Lz+3Lo, 3F+3Lo, 3T+3Lo, 3T+3T). Not sure she's ever landed a 3S+3Lo, but she likely has.

Miki landed 3S+3L at 2004 Skate America (in the free skate) but it was so severely underrotated it looks almost like a double, it was like Kwan's attempt at 3Lz+3L. I included this 3S+3L in my video with Miki's triple-triples but since it's very long (10 and a half minute) it takes long time to upload it. By tomorrow it will have been uploaded.

Nekatiivi
01-02-2011, 11:55 PM
I am actually shocked how bad most of those second triples were. There were not many which would have been ratified nowadays.

judgejudy27
01-05-2011, 01:03 AM
I am actually shocked how bad most of those second triples were. There were not many which would have been ratified nowadays.

Yeah I tend to agree. Although in fairness to her in the early years of COP she had everyone of her triple-triples ratified.

Screenie
01-05-2011, 02:28 AM
i think the biggest difference between hers and mikis are that mikis are more rotated more often. but i prefer someone who tries 3/3's to those who don't. so major props for doing it and winning worlds along the way.

wonderlen
01-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Mikis triple triple are definitely more rotated and has better landing and flow out of them and look way more impressive and explosive. Irina jumps come to almost completely stop after the Loop, but her attempts at the latter years of her career improve alot (2005 World, 2005 COR). Kudo for both of them for pushing the technical bar. Isn't Irina is the first lady to land the 3Lz+3Lo???