PDA

View Full Version : The King's Speech

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Bailey_
12-28-2010, 04:38 AM
Just home from the movie - absolutely fabulous!! Colin Firth is wonderful. Loved it for so many reasons. If you are looking for a good movie to see this holiday season - I highly recommend the King's Speech. Wonderful movie!!

Allen
12-28-2010, 04:48 AM
Just home from the movie - absolutely fabulous!! Colin Firth is wonderful. Loved it for so many reasons. If you are looking for a good movie to see this holiday season - I highly recommend the King's Speech. Wonderful movie!!

I can't wait. Now if only the snow would melt at my parents' so I could get home and actually go see the movie :)

Wyliefan
12-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Going to try to see it Friday. I can't wait!!

DaveRocks
12-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Fantastic movie. Firth and Rush are PHENOMENAL.

Lanie
12-28-2010, 06:22 AM
I really want to see it!

bek
12-28-2010, 06:23 AM
Good movie! Tremendous acting.

Aussie Willy
12-28-2010, 07:11 AM
I saw it yesterday. Definately worth seeing. Really enjoyed both Firth and Rush but also liked Bonham-Carter as Queen Elizabeth. Strange to watch someone from recent history being portrayed as the younger version of what we know.

The character I loved was Jennifer Ehle as Myrtle Logue. She was lovely and did a great Aussie accent. I didn't even realise it was her.

What I also love about these types of movies is it makes you get on the internet and learn about the people that are being portrayed. Gets you brushing up on history.

soxxy
12-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I can't wait to see this. Firth was so tremendous in last year's A Single Man.

Auntie
12-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Is this okay for young teens? From what I can tell, the only reason it was rated R is because of the F word. Swearing isn't an an issue for me as long as every other word isn't F'ing this and F'ing that.

The other problem will be finding a theater. I don't think there will be a lot of demand to for this movie in South Georgia. I will probably have to hitch up the wagon and head into the big city.

Allen
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
I can't wait to see this. Firth was so tremendous in last year's A Single Man.

:swoon: I love that movie. I think I love it even more because Tom Ford directed it.

Lutzcy
12-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Is this okay for young teens? From what I can tell, the only reason it was rated R is because of the F word. Swearing isn't an an issue for me as long as every other word isn't F'ing this and F'ing that

There are only a couple sections of swearing. In fact, those scenes were quite humorous in my opinion. That is the only possible reason this got an "R" rating. There is no violence or sex. It is a fantastic movie and yes, I would take young teens.

ChelleC
12-28-2010, 01:39 PM
I really hope it will be showing here by the weekend.

KatieC
12-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Was supposed to go last Wednesday, but the outing got called off. So now I'm supposed to see The King's Speech tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

jkl
12-28-2010, 02:22 PM
There are only a couple sections of swearing. In fact, those scenes were quite humorous in my opinion. That is the only possible reason this got an "R" rating. There is no violence or sex. It is a fantastic movie and yes, I would take young teens.

I am a Speech Pathologist and a great fan of The Kings Speech. The fact that this movie got an R rating is fairly controversial. The production company appealed the R rating fearing that teens that are being bullied by their speech would be denied the opportunity to see this very inspirational film. Sadly the appeal was denied.

Desperado
12-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Absolutely LOVED this movie. Firth is beyond amazing but everybody is good in this. Guy Pearce, for instance, makes a wonderful despicable Edward. I'm sorry to hear about the R rating just because of the "therapeutic" swearing. I'm pretty sure that if the King had been shot in the head instead, it would only rate a PG-13 so it's quite hypocritical.