PDA

View Full Version : Year-End Bonuses

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

mkats
12-28-2010, 02:00 AM
Does your company do them? Do they vary from year to year/performance/years you've worked there? Do you get cash/check or food and gifts?

This is my first full year working (graduated college in May), so I was just curious to hear your stories :)

oleada
12-28-2010, 02:04 AM
I used to work for a non-profit. We got an umbrella :shuffle:

mmscfdcsu
12-28-2010, 02:07 AM
I used to work for a non-profit. We got an umbrella :shuffle:

I work for a non-profit. We get an umbrella...if we donate at least $52.00 to the agency. :mad: No bonuses in social work

nerdycool
12-28-2010, 02:10 AM
I don't work anymore, but at my last job, they did not give out bonuses.

My husband gets them though, and it's different every year. He works at a credit union, so it all depends on how many accounts are opened/loans given out/etc. It usually comes as a check, except for one year, when someone thought that everyone in the company needed a leather coat with the company logo on it. It's a nice coat, but I heard many say that they'd rather get cash instead of items.

skateycat
12-28-2010, 02:18 AM
My husband works at a non-profit. Last year he got a bonus of approxmately $1000. This year - no bonus. There just wasn't the money to do bonuses, but everyone got a small raise in the fall.

KikiSashaFan
12-28-2010, 03:41 AM
I got a turkey. I'm a vegetarian, so I gave it to a soup kitchen.

KatieC
12-28-2010, 03:57 AM
I don't get bonuses now, but did at one job in the past. The first year I got $100.00, which was quite nice. The second year I got a fleece jacket with the company logo, but I hated the company by that point, so I quit, kept the jacket, but unpicked the logo.

SoNaoWat?
12-28-2010, 04:24 AM
I work in franchise business, and my employers have given us cash bonuses/Christmas gifts over the years. I have always assumed they went by years of service and the economy, because it seems like the amount has varied between $50-$100. Actually, I think maybe they started at $50 and just gradually increased. This year it was $100.

Bailey_
12-28-2010, 04:34 AM
As my former boss used to say - our bonus is that we have a job to come back to after the holidays... I work for an organization where the knowledge that you are providing a good service is the only bonus we ever get. Wish that I worked in private sector though because some of my friends get pretty nice bonuses every year...

vesperholly
12-28-2010, 04:37 AM
At my first job, we got a $30 gift card to the local supermarket and the week between Christmas and New Year's as paid time off (in addition to our regular vacation time).

My current job is at a newspaper. I am lucky to still have a job. :shuffle:

dbell1
12-28-2010, 04:38 AM
My one job gave out bonuses based on how much profit the reinsurance brokers brought in. One year, it was $4000, which was MAJOR in my life, the check (after taxes) helped me redo my living room. Then the industry tanked after 9/11/01, the bonuses ended and we were all out of a job within 15 months. Now I'm at an employee owned company. No bonuses, but there is company stock that we get once a year (normally in March). After 5 years, I own $20,000 in stock. Some people made a killing when they switched the stock options, my one coworker bought a house. Cash. :eek:

Aussie Willy
12-28-2010, 07:15 AM
I get a yearly bonus with my company which is paid about September (after the end of our financial year). However you lose about a third of it in tax. My first year was $1,000 and this year it was about $2,000.

I think we also get shares in the company after being there for 3 years and then yearly after that. So I should get some in the next year.

We should also be getting a company wide payrise in the new year too.

I work for a pretty good company!

MacMadame
12-28-2010, 07:41 AM
I've never worked at a job that gave out Christmas bonuses. My current job has a bonus program but it's given out at the end of the fiscal year (which is Aug 1st) at the same time as annal races. The bonus is based on a combination of company performance and personal performance and average is 15% of your salary. So it's quite hefty. We get RSUs when we sign and often every year after that as well. They used to do stock options but now not so much.

millyskate
12-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I worked for local authorities in my first job, and we got a nice 300 euro Christmas bonus. Now, I'm unemployed and get an "unemployed" 150 euro Christmas bonus, except they're late with the paperwork and I've been told it'll come in january.

briancoogaert
12-28-2010, 09:44 AM
I have nothing, nothing, not even a chocolate !