PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Hugh Hefner ...

Pages : [1] 2 3

orbitz
12-26-2010, 01:47 PM
85 years old Playboy founder Hugh Hefner got engaged to his 24 years old girlfriend, Crystal Harris, on Christmas Eve.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40810232/ns/today-entertainment/

Looking on the bright side for the fiance, Crystal might not have to be married for that long given Hugh's advance age.

Spinner
12-26-2010, 04:30 PM
And "news" networks continue to lose credibility by reporting such crap better left for E!, VH1 and other garbage networks. :blah:

screech
12-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Isn't he still legally married to his last wife, or something?

nerdycool
12-26-2010, 06:31 PM
No, he finally got a divorce in March of this year.

And that sound you hear is Holly Madison throwing a level 4 hissy fit from Vegas. Yeah, she's the one who left Hugh, but I think that's just because he said he wouldn't marry her.

heckles
12-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Isn't he still legally married to his last wife, or something?

He and Kimberly Conrad stayed married after they split in the late-90s, and she lived in a small house on the mansion grounds, right until their youngest son graduated high school last year. Then he immediately booted her out and divorced her.

Stay classy, Hef.

my little pony
12-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Looking on the bright side for the fiance, Crystal might not have to be married for that long given Hugh's advance age.

i'm sure that is what she is counting on

overedge
12-26-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't watch the Hef-and-his-girlies reality show(s), but I thought he was always boasting about how it's more "natural" to have more than one romantic partner/live-in girlfriend, and how society's standard of being with only one person was artificial. Doesn't getting engaged to one person kind of put the lie to that?

And, given how all his girlies have identical bleached blond hair, Botoxed faces, and siliconed boobs, I hope the one he got engaged to is the one he actually meant to marry :lol:

kwanfan1818
12-26-2010, 08:18 PM
I don't watch the Hef-and-his-girlies reality show(s), but I thought he was always boasting about how it's more "natural" to have more than one romantic partner/live-in girlfriend, and how society's standard of being with only one person was artificial. Doesn't getting engaged to one person kind of put the lie to that?
It didn't stop him from marrying with the same philosophy, or having multiple partners while he was married.

It must mean something different to him. That's if he's actually planning on marrying, and not remaining engaged until he's dead.

heckles
12-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I thought he was always boasting about how it's more "natural" to have more than one romantic partner/live-in girlfriend, and how society's standard of being with only one person was artificial.

His contracted "girlfriends" are forbidden to see other men, although some of them have sneaked around.

Lucy25
12-26-2010, 08:22 PM
No, he finally got a divorce in March of this year.

And that sound you hear is Holly Madison throwing a level 4 hissy fit from Vegas. Yeah, she's the one who left Hugh, but I think that's just because he said he wouldn't marry her.

I feel really sorry for Holly. She truly thought Hef would marry her. This must really hurt her. When I heard about the engagement on the news last night, they showed several video clips of Hef, but with Holly, not Crystal.
What a goof.

IceAlisa
12-26-2010, 08:45 PM
A true love match, that. :scream:

kylet3
12-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Holly has a great thing going in Vegas with Peepshow. I've been to it myself and quite enjoyed it, I can't imagine she'll be entirely pleased about it but at the same time I think she's a strong girl, she'll be ok. I've met Holly and she's really awesome, so down-to-earth and actually a really smart cookie too. As for Hef and his new fiance, well... congrats I think?

woodstock
12-26-2010, 09:00 PM
I know Holly and the other two original "girls next door" were once in his will. Hopefully Hef had the decency to at least keep it that way after they went separate ways. The three of them gave the playboy brand a big boost in popularity and should receive some grateful benefit. Beside, Holly should be aware that the prenup would have been airtight, she's probably better off than this new girl will ever be.

Eden
12-26-2010, 09:23 PM
The future young bride has unique qality:
She likes to help old people... :P

my little pony
12-26-2010, 09:24 PM
The future young bride has unique qality:
She likes to help old people... :P

lol, like a candy striper