PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 Japanese Projected Assignments

haribobo
12-25-2010, 04:21 PM
These are my guesses for next season...based on Nationals, Jr. Nationals, GP, JGP, and age analysis...feel free to comment/disagree...

MEN

Senior Grand Prix
Kozuka, Oda, Takahashi, Hanyu, Mura, Machida, Murakami, Nakamura (aging out of Juniors)

Junior Grand Prix
Tanaka, Kihara, Hino, Itai, Uno, Tsuboi

Senior B
Nakaniwa, Kondoh (aging out)

LADIES

Senior Grand Prix
Asada, Suguri, Suzuki, Imai, Murakami (assuming they will all compete)
Ando is taking the season off, I believe

Possibly GP, or at least Senior B: S. Ishikawa, S. Kokubun (both will be too old for JGP)

Junior Grand Prix
Shoji, Nishino (these two possibly Senior GP)
Tomotaki, Kemanai, Fujisawa, Miyahara, M. Oba, H. Suzuki, Ueno, Oshikawa, K. Muramoto

oleada
12-25-2010, 05:32 PM
If by M. Oba, you mean Miyabi Ohba, then she is most definitely not aged out of the JGP as she was born in 1995. I think she will be on the JGP for sure.

haribobo
12-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Whoops, thanks oleada. I wrote 11/91 instead of 8/95 for some reason. Strange. Updating above list.

Sylvia
12-25-2010, 06:17 PM
FYI, here's the link to Japan's version of their national team envelopes for the 2010-11 season that includes skaters' birthdates: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74163

burntBREAD
12-25-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm thinking Shoji and/or Nishino may appear on the SGP if not just for NHK as an invite, since Shoji has already done quite well on the JGP and Nishino has been on the JGP circuit since the 2007-08 season :eek: (She finished 3rd at the JGPF that year behind Nagasu and Flatt, 4th at Jr. Worlds)-- particularly after their solid Nationals showings thus far. If Fujisawa does well she may be put on SGP or given senior B events since she's been on the JGP circuit for a while too... though she's so ridiculously talented yet inconsistent (21st in SP and 5th in LP at Japanese Junior Championships) so I don't even know if JSF knows what to make of her :lol:

pinky166
12-25-2010, 07:07 PM
I know Risa isn't old enough for senior ISU championships next season but she will be old enough to compete on the SGP, so if she medals at Junior Worlds, I wouldn't be surprised if she chose to do that, because then she'd have 1 GP assured and I'm sure she could be given NHK on top of that. She has been skating very well this season.

Loves_Shizuka
12-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Ando is taking next year off? :confused: :eek:

C_T_T_
12-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Ando is taking next year off? :confused: :eek:

Eys according to an interview with Morozov. He said she would have taken this year but worlds was in in Japan so she will take next year if and then come back for Sochi. I have to wonder if her injuries will hold up but I hope she can continue if she wants to.

stillalive
12-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Eys according to an interview with Morozov. He said she would have taken this year but worlds was in in Japan so she will take next year if and then come back for Sochi.

Yes, Tracy Wilson mentioned it as well during the grand prix final.

Loves_Shizuka
12-26-2010, 12:28 PM
At first thought, I think Noooo, she won't come back, but maybe it's a good plan. Revitalise, and hopefully come back stronger. :D

pinky166
12-26-2010, 02:15 PM
At first thought, I think Noooo, she won't come back, but maybe it's a good plan. Revitalise, and hopefully come back stronger. :D

She just won nationals with a monstrosity of a FS score! 137! Love Miki :D. I wouldn't be surprised if she won Worlds again this March or at least medaled there.

NMURA
12-27-2010, 04:48 AM
My prediction

Senior GP

Men
Kozuka, Oda, Hanyu (2 spots)
Machida, Mura, Murakami (1 spot at overseas)
NHK host pick (1 or 2 spots)
Takahashi retires

Ladies
Asada, Murakami, Suzuki (2 spots)
Nishino, Imai (1 spot at overseas)
NHK host pick (1 spot)
Suguri retires
Ando takes an year off (possibly "Sasha" course)

Junior GP

Men (definitely reduced to 6 or 7 spots)
Keiji Tanaka (1 or 2)
Ryuichi Kihara (1 or 2)
Ryuju Hino (1 or 2)
Sei Kawahara (1)
Shoma Uno (1)

Ladies (case of 14 spots)
Risa Shoji (2)
Miyabi Oba (2)
Satoko Miyahara (2)
Kako Tomotaki (1 or 2)
Karen Kemanai (1 or 2)
Yukiko Fujisawa (1 or 2)