PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat, what did you give, what did you get?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

millyskate
12-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Hope you're all having a fantastic day!
I guess I'm still a kid in that I love hearing about other people's gifts and food n stuff...
Please share :)

It doesn't have to be for Christmas - whatever you've celebrated recently that involved food or gifts.

I'll start:
Last night be had many canapés, white sausages with fried apple, and ice cream Christmas log, pear and caramel flavour.

Today we ate an avocado, tomato, fresh cream cheese and smoked ham concoction for starters, then turkey n veg with bread sauce and gravy, and christmas pud with custard for dessert.

:cat:

I was spoilt: got a great new cardie, hot water bottle, book and $$ from parents, book and $$ from sister, studio light stand from other sister, and boots from aunt.

Gave a fondue set and plant to mum as part of collective present, amber earrings and bear shaped cake mould to first sister, some specialized magazines to dad and a muffin cake mould and fair trade puzzle to second sister.

acraven
12-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Christmas Eve dinner menu at my southern US family gathering:

Turkey
Ham
stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Mashed sweet potatoes with a cruncy topping (oatmeal?)
Green bean casserole (the one with fried onion rings on top)
Oyster casserole
Mushroom pie
Baked cranberry/apple casserole with crumb topping
Fruit salad
Mini muffins in two flavors: pumpkin and oatmeal
Pound cake
Butter pecan cake

Not exactly diet fare, but it's great once a year.

barbk
12-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Our traditional Christmas Eve dinner: we made (and ate) potstickers. Yum.

oleada
12-25-2010, 05:37 PM
We ate pork loin, mashed potatoes with cheese and a green salad. For dessert, red velvet cupcakes.

I got my laptop, a Nook and a gorgeous necklace from my parents (Christmas/Birthday gifts). From relatives, I got makeup, money, bath gels and such, and a bracelet.

I gave lots of things, but the best is that we got my dad a new iPod Nano touch and he's been playing with it since he woke up like a little kid with a new toy.

Twilight1
12-25-2010, 05:54 PM
I still haven't done the family get together's yet. But hubby got me a photo tray, Estee Lauder products (that I am so needing right now), Biggest Loser Dessert Cookbook and a Phillippa Gregory book- The Queen's Fool both of which I have been wanting forever, some makeup, bath/ body stuff and he also got me this really unique antipasto serving dish.

This year we went with Mario/ Toy story 3 theme for our oldest son. He got his Nintendo DSi, and some paint stuff, lego, clock radio, books, clothes, mini table top pool table, hockey set. We also got him into karate and getting his sparring stuff was quite the expense lol!!

Other son is totally into the movie cars, so clothes, books, colouring stuff, car tracks, etc for him.

Hubby got a ton of tools. I also got him the star wars game he wanted (but found out I was supposed to get it for the Wii not the XBOX 360 -oops!) Travel mug set for his lunches if he brings one for work. But most of the money went to tools for him.

I think this is the first year we didn't buy any alcohol for each other! lol!!

We get together with his side tomorrow and then my side on Tuesday.

Angela-Fan
12-25-2010, 05:55 PM
All I had to eat so far was a cookie and some candy. lol.
I feel like I cleaned up this year! lol Ever since I started dating S my I get inundated with Christmas presents lol.
I got a lot of books this year, including Alton Brown's baking and recipe books, a game for my DS (which is MIA at the moment lol) DVD of one of my favorite movies, Coming to America. I was totally spoiled lol.
I gave S some books and new pair of jeans. He is a book-a-holic. And I gave his niece a figure skating coloring book haha, along with gifts for others.
I can't wait to eat, I'm soo hungry. I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

Angela-Fan
12-25-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm also giving cookies as presents. Last night when I went to sleep I realized I had been baking for like 6 hours! :eek: But that's my fault for not thinking ahead. I made peanut butter cookies and butter and raspberry thumbprint cookies. I TRIED to make choc chip but :(

Twilight1
12-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Ooooh menu!!

Tomorrow- Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, lasagna, ceasar salad, taco salad, California mix salad, Avocado/ Tomato salad, almond green beans, apple cinnamon squash, corn, apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, christmas pudding for dessert. (this is a dinner for about 40 people)

Tuesday- Chili, BBQ Salmon,Garlic bread, Lasagna, Ceasar Salad, Mixed Veggie tray, Pecan/Peach Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkin Cheescake and Pumpkin pie. (this is a dinner for 18 people)

Hubby and I figured everyone would be turkeyed out by Tuesday so went completely non-traditional.

Sassafras
12-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Christmas Eve - annual lasagne dinner at the neighbor's house.
Today - annual prime rib dinner at another neighbor's house.

Pays to have nice neighbors!

clarie
12-26-2010, 12:02 AM
My sweetee and I had a loverly day. He gave me a "Kindle" which I wanted because I read voraciously, a beautiful Royal Doulton lady (Claire), and many other thingys. My pet parrot gave me a figure skating calendar with a nice little note thanking me for loving her for 22 years :lol: I think she had some help with it though. I made a nice dinner for my sweetee and his 90 year old dad. Tomorrow, there will be about 20+ people here for the Boxing Day Family Bash..........fun times, but busy. Now it's some quiet time to recoup some energy for tomorrow, and to give thanks for my blessings.......Merry Christmas all.:)

dbell1
12-26-2010, 12:44 AM
I gave an iPod touch, video games and assorted fun things to my son. His favorite gift was the Buckyballs (tiny round magnets that go into a variety of shapes). Success! :D Gave my mom a ton of books and a bunch of warm things - boots, blanket, pjs, etc. Sent my sister $ for more heat in her house.

Got perfume and sweaters from family and some nice stuff from coworkers (gift cards mostly).

Made - mac & cheese and little smokies in bbq sauce for last night. Oh, and an amazing spinach dip. Tonight was ham, brie in puff pastry, butternut squash, pasta side dish for son and New York cheesecake and apple, cranberry, walnut crisp for dessert. We watched a ton of Christmas movies this past month - Polar Express last night and tonight is Alias Season 3 for me. :lol:

Mostly, I'm just happy to have my little family here and healthy this year. So many people I know lost parents this year and I'm so :( for them and grateful for the good things I have. :)

redonthehead
12-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Christmas Eve we had fried fish/shrimp and all the trimmings. We don't do a traditional meal on Christmas because we normally do it when my brother is here the week before.

Today I fixed a breakfast casserole, grits, and monkey bread for breakfast. Tonight we had sandwiches at my parents house.

My daughter got: a Nook, a digital camera, clothes, a zebra striped snuggie and some new movies.

Son got: a wireless contector for his xbox, a new air soft gun, games for his xbox, clothes and a movie.

Husband got: a new mixer (he's the baker!), Alabama shirt, a new thermos and a clock.

I got: clothes, wallabees, Auburn jacket/shirt/tag, gift certificate for a pedicure, and a new wallet.

And it's snowing so after 30 yrs of wishing for a white Christmas....I finally got my biggest Christmas wish :)

Satellitegirl
12-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Ham, potato salad, corn, candied yams, green bean casserole, cranberry salad, chicken n noodles, pie, ice cream....*explodes* lol Oh and croissant rolls.

I got a literati ereader and a GPS for my car. Some clothes and jewelry. Had a pretty good day....now waiting on snow to fall here at my parents(it's already falling in Raleigh where I live)

Moto Guzzi
12-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Ham, green bean casserole, cheese potatoes, salad, and carrots and parsnips cooked in butter and maple syrup with a bit of ginger added. Later we had pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

It was just my sister, nephew, and me having dinner at my house, and we all agreed not to exchange gifts this year. I called my mother and talked to her for a while, and my sister is talking to our other sister now. It was a quiet, sad Christmas for our family after losing my brother at the end of October. His birthday is tomorrow.

skateboy
12-26-2010, 03:20 AM
We usually have a great Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner. This year's kinda sucked. (Brother-in-law got sick and plans were changed very last minute.) Not to worry though, at least I didn't overeat!