PDA

View Full Version : Holiday procrastinators anonymous

Pages : [1] 2 3

Aceon6
12-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Ok everyone, fess up. What do you have left to do? I have an excuse (was sick, see Stomach Virus thread), but I just finished wrapping today and haven't started making any of the food that I need to take to Christmas Eve dinner. I'm a planner, and am really uneasy with how far behind I am. Anyone else?

agalisgv
12-24-2010, 12:55 AM
If what you wrote is considered behind, I don't think there's a word for me.

PeterG
12-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I need to start thinking about gift-shopping.

barbk
12-24-2010, 01:04 AM
I'm with Agalisgv. But seriously, Christmas Eve dinner will be fine, even if you pick up everything at the grocery store premade. I'm still working one-handed (literally) and everyone got put on notice weeks ago that Christmas dinner was going to be at someone else's house and that I'd be happy to arrange to buy anything needed. So, it's spiral sliced ham instead of turkey, and Costco's yummy sweet potato casserole with some of my pecans crumbled on top, and so on. And it will be great.

jamesy
12-24-2010, 01:05 AM
If what you wrote is considered behind, I don't think there's a word for me.
Are your kids too old to believe that Christmas got moved back to early January?

KikiSashaFan
12-24-2010, 01:12 AM
I was done shopping and wrapping weeks ago. The only way I'm behind is over the past month I've tivoed dozens of holiday movies and specials and haven't watched any of them yet. Movie marathon tomorrow I guess....Yes I know, rough life :shuffle:

cruisin
12-24-2010, 01:25 AM
I was done shopping and wrapping a few days ago. I do Christmas Day dinner and never shop until the day before. I get up at 7:00 am Christmas Eve, have some coffee and go to the grocery store to avoid some of the crowds. This year has been very difficult, though. My mother has been in the hospital for the last week and was just transferred to a rehab facility. Lots of tests, not much in the way of answers. But she's 80 and has a 10" aortic stent, COPD, and other more complicated issues, so we're happy she's here. We didn't know until today if she would be able to leave for the afternoon and spend Christmas at home. She will, so I will cook. But I have no decorations except a tree. With going to the hospital and having a bathroom renovated, I have barely had time to bathe. So, there are gifts and a tree, and food, but it will be a rather exhausting and less festive holiday.

barbk
12-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Cruisin -- I'm glad you're getting your mom home for Christmas -- I'm sure that whatever you pull together will be less important than just knowing you're together. Happy Holidays.

Schmeck
12-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Well, I should be wrapping stocking stuffers right now, but instead I'm online - can I be president of the HPA?

Also need to clean up 2 more rooms in the house, and wrap a few more presents, besides the stocking stuff. Oh, and I want to dye my hair to hide the grey before the big party tomorrow...

Ok, I've got to go now, seeing it all typed out made me stressed, LOL!

ice dance
12-24-2010, 02:57 AM
I put off doing a few things, and managed to injure my hand yesterday, so now I can't do a lot. Stuff like wrapping, last-minute tidying, etc, that you need two good hands to do. Really regretting it now.

Lacey
12-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Everyone's presents, all 13 people, are wrapped except for DH. Fortunately, just have a tiny bit of fresh food to get tomorrow at a farmer's market, going to go at 8am. Oh, and hurricane daughter is home from NY, I am sure she's way behind, always does everything at the last minute and is out tonight. Our actual Christmas will be quiet. 4 grandbabies arrive Sunday, other 2 Monday. That's when the fun really starts, so I still have time yet.

mmscfdcsu
12-24-2010, 03:08 AM
I have not started thinking about Christmas for friends and family. I did manage to do a good job of getting gifts and party for clients. I completed that shopping about 45 minutes before the clients showed up on site. :lol:

Nomad
12-24-2010, 03:22 AM
I have some cooking to do tomorrow. Shopping and wrapping are done. My US cards all went out late, though.

genevieve
12-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Christmas is pretty much cancelled in my house. I was gone/travelling the two weekends I usually get presents, I came back with a nasty cold and tons of work to catch up on. Finally feel better today but at this point what's the point? People will get stuff in January. Or not. Who knows.

I am however making "my"* traditional Christmas french toast tonight so it will be ready to cook on Saturday. And maybe some cookies. :)

* I totally appropriated this tradition from FSU poster Cupid in 2005.

cruisin
12-24-2010, 04:23 AM
Cruisin -- I'm glad you're getting your mom home for Christmas -- I'm sure that whatever you pull together will be less important than just knowing you're together. Happy Holidays.

Thank you :). It has been a challenge. Much as I love Mom and worry about her, she can be anxiety inducing (;)). But, I'm glad she'll be with us here in my home and that we won't have to celebrate in the rehab (aka nursing home wing). And my best wishes to you and your family for the holidays.

Christmas is pretty much cancelled in my house. I was gone/travelling the two weekends I usually get presents, I came back with a nasty cold and tons of work to catch up on. Finally feel better today but at this point what's the point? People will get stuff in January. Or not. Who knows.

I am however making "my"* traditional Christmas french toast tonight so it will be ready to cook on Saturday. And maybe some cookies. :)

Glad you're feeling better. How do you make French toast ahead of time?