PDA

View Full Version : Holiday procrastinators anonymous

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Aceon6
12-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I would really be SOL except a wonderful suprise awaited me when I got home - my husband vaccumed the whole house! TG!

Bonita, since you're not that far away, mind sending your husband over here? Not sure when, or if, I'll get the vacuuming done and kitchen floor mopped.

barbk
12-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Bonita -- he'd be welcome here too. D just made Christmas cookies -- we'd share!

Twilight1
12-24-2010, 09:02 PM
I grabbed the last present I needed on Wednesday night. I started shopping back in August and realized after a coworker gave me a very well thought out gift that I needed to grab something small for them. Also wanted to grab some unique picture frames for best friend. We have some presents to wrap tonight but really, our primary focus is trying to get our house ready for possibly 40 people Sunday!! :eek: Then we have to clean all that crap up and get ready for family get together part 2 with my side of the family on the 28th. (Luckily that includes only 17 people)

This last week was very touch and go. Dad had to go back into hospital for cancer treatment and I wasn't even sure he would be out for Christmas but we get to pick him up later today. The next couple of days my dad will be just chilling out and resting, but we will still pop in and bring him some lunch/ dinner.

I couldn't even imagine dealing with last minute shopping...just the thought of dealing with those crowds makes me cry...

Bonita
12-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Bonita, since you're not that far away, mind sending your husband over here? Not sure when, or if, I'll get the vacuuming done and kitchen floor mopped.

LOL, everyone wants to borrow him, whether it's for chores or ice dancing, but he's MINE! He's out of work right now so he's been extra helpful around the house even for him.

Cupid
12-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Mmmmmmnnnnnnn.... recipe or description please?

I believe she was talking about this one I posted 5 yearss ago. I make it Christmas Eve for breakfast Christmas morning. I just pop it in the oven, set the timer, and we open gifts while it bakes and smells heavenly:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=729975&postcount=24

sk8pics
12-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks! Too bad I didn't see this before I went to the supermarket because I would have picked up the one or two ingredients I don't have and made it for tomorrow's breakfast. Maybe next weekend I'll make it. It's snowing here so I don't think I'll make another trip to the supermarket.