PDA

View Full Version : Holiday procrastinators anonymous

Pages : 1 [2] 3

SoNaoWat?
12-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Cruisin- Hope your mother will be ok and have a good holiday.

As for myself, I just finished my shopping tonight. I had to buy groceries for the Saturday meal. My parents, siblings and I usually have our family dinner and open all presents on Christmas day, but this year, Mom and Dad are leaving early Christmas morning to go see my grandpa. So, the sisters and I are on our own. Tomorrow night we will have a family dinner and open presents. Saturday morning, the kids and I will open presents and then we will go to my middle sister's house and have lunch.

Regarding the wrapping and stuff, I've developed my own tradition of procrastination. I keep everything I buy for the kids in the trunk of my car. I drive around with it all in my trunk until finally, after the kids go to sleep on Christmas eve night, I bring everything in and wrap it. There is nothing under the tree until Christmas eve at about 2:00 a.m. when I finally finish wrapping! Earlier, I was remembering one time years ago when I couldn't find a pair of scissors in the house and I cut all the wrapping paper with a kitchen knife!

barbk
12-24-2010, 05:19 AM
I put off doing a few things, and managed to injure my hand yesterday, so now I can't do a lot. Stuff like wrapping, last-minute tidying, etc, that you need two good hands to do. Really regretting it now.

I'm sorry you hurt your hand. I had surgery earlier in the month and learning to deal without my right hand has been a pain. At least I can type again. I hope your hand feels better very soon.

I did my "wrapping" one-handed this year with gift bags. Grab the middle of a piece of tissue paper with your good hand and sharply snap it. Now put it into the bag. Repeat several more times, and you now have a great looking gift bag. The dollar store provided the tissue paper and a bunch of gift bags. No tape, no ribbon. Used some stick on gift labels, and voila!

rjblue
12-24-2010, 07:25 AM
If what you wrote is considered behind, I don't think there's a word for me.
It's 3:30 in the morning here. I finished my shopping at 4 this afternoon. I'm about 2/3 through my wrapping. No cooking done, just a tray of sweets I bought at a bake sale at work. I don't have my clothes for church tomorrow afternoon washed yet.

And I just realised that I've completely forgotten to buy my daughter a birthday present. Her birthday is the 27th!

I win. :(

agalisgv
12-24-2010, 09:27 AM
It's 3:30 in the morning here. I finished my shopping at 4 this afternoon. I'm about 2/3 through my wrapping. No cooking done, just a tray of sweets I bought at a bake sale at work. I don't have my clothes for church tomorrow afternoon washed yet.

And I just realised that I've completely forgotten to buy my daughter a birthday present. Her birthday is the 27th!

I win. :( :HA!:

You just think you've won! I still have to put up the tree, decorate it, finish my shopping, buy groceries, do laundry, wrap presents, pick up relatives from the airport, drop off some children who walked in yesterday and announced they wanted to spend the night (so not much happened after that), prepare all the food since no one will help, and drive to the next city to drop off presents for friends before Xmas.

Beat that!

Angelskates
12-24-2010, 11:13 AM
:HA!:

You just think you've won! I still have to put up the tree, decorate it, finish my shopping, buy groceries, do laundry, wrap presents, pick up relatives from the airport, drop off some children who walked in yesterday and announced they wanted to spend the night (so not much happened after that), prepare all the food since no one will help, and drive to the next city to drop off presents for friends before Xmas.

Beat that!

:eek: ((((agalisgv)))) Good luck with that! I've got just over 2 hours to go and am all done, watching carols and waiting to go to midnight mass. I'll say a prayer for you all :P

AYS
12-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Haven't wrapped anything (though thanksfully Mr AYS has done fair amount), need to go out and get all stocking stuffers, need to get something to bring to BIL's house on Christmas day (tomorrow), need to get vino to bring to 2 parties on the 26th and really need to get at least one more little something for Mr AYS. :yikes:

And I'm sitting here working and planning to go work out. :shuffle:

sk8pics
12-24-2010, 02:16 PM
I am however making "my"* traditional Christmas french toast tonight so it will be ready to cook on Saturday. And maybe some cookies. :)

Mmmmmmnnnnnnn.... recipe or description please?

my little pony
12-24-2010, 02:43 PM
drop off some children who walked in yesterday and announced they wanted to spend the night

are they squatters?

barbk
12-24-2010, 04:55 PM
:HA!:

Beat that!

:scream::scream::scream:

viennese
12-24-2010, 05:26 PM
last gift shopping attempt, this morning at 9 am.
one of the stores had run out of gift cards.
heck with it, will buy them online.

i have no excuse

ice dance
12-24-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm sorry you hurt your hand. I had surgery earlier in the month and learning to deal without my right hand has been a pain. At least I can type again. I hope your hand feels better very soon.

I did my "wrapping" one-handed this year with gift bags. Grab the middle of a piece of tissue paper with your good hand and sharply snap it. Now put it into the bag. Repeat several more times, and you now have a great looking gift bag. The dollar store provided the tissue paper and a bunch of gift bags. No tape, no ribbon. Used some stick on gift labels, and voila!

Thankyou. I hope your hand is better soon, too. Good idea about the gift bags - I will remember that.

Karina1974
12-24-2010, 05:59 PM
You mean the fact that I have to go out and get the fixings for the holiday "Pamper Yourself" basket I'm putting together for my Mom, and the gift bag I need to get for my nephew's present?

I'm gettin', I'm gettin'... :D

iloveemoticons
12-24-2010, 06:50 PM
:scream: You guys are making me feel guilty because I have nothing left to do gift-wise. My family isn't big on presents or decorating or food (sad, I know), and I've already done the gift thing with my friends. Godspeed all!

PrincessLeppard
12-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I was mostly done until some relatives decided to drop in unexpectedly. So gift card for one, book for the other. Got the gift card this morning at Walgreens as I was picking up the last of the photos for my the calender I'm making (almost finished! :P), and will hit a bookstore on my way out of town.

Oh, and I'm not packed or anything. :shuffle:

Bonita
12-24-2010, 07:33 PM
I was shopping up until noon. I just spent the last hour wrapping. Finally done. I thought I was done for the day, but we are now having an unexpected beer and pizza eve with friends, and I have to go get some whore-durves (no, I do not know how to spell it, though I am a cheese whore, LOL). Dreading the food store.

I would really be SOL except a wonderful suprise awaited me when I got home - my husband vaccumed the whole house! TG!