PDA

View Full Version : Comparative Literature Major

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

LordCirque
12-30-2010, 07:32 PM
INFP again :lol:

http://www.personalitydesk.com/type-profile/infp-healer

I was between answers on a few of the questions though, I bet if I went back and changed those few, I'd probably get the ISFP. I tend to get INFP though.

galaxygirl
12-30-2010, 07:45 PM

I was between answers on a few of the questions though, I bet if I went back and changed those few, I'd probably get the ISFP. I tend to get INFP though.

Some of the careers listed would work for you, I think. Massage therapist and interior designer don't take a huge amount of education to get into. And you could write and dance in your free time. Voila! I've solved your problems. :D

Anita18
12-30-2010, 07:56 PM

I switch between INFJ and INFP depending on my mood. :P

Hah, nevermind, I didn't click on your link first. :lol:

galaxygirl
12-30-2010, 08:02 PM
I switch between INFJ and INFP depending on my mood. :P

Hah, nevermind, I didn't click on your link first. :lol:

For me, it's a battle between INTJ and INFJ. :) Though the careers for INFJ would never work for me. INTJ careers fit me better.

LordCirque
12-30-2010, 08:02 PM
The place I went to Culinary School DOES have a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design, but if I remember correctly, the degree is 96K :scream: and it's a For-Profit School, biggest mistake I've ever made.

galaxygirl
12-30-2010, 08:07 PM
The place I went to Culinary School DOES have a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design, but if I remember correctly, the degree is 96K :scream: and it's a For-Profit School.

Well, go somewhere else. You should be able to find a state school with a degree in interior design.

Here's one:

http://www.sdmesa.edu/interior-design/program.html

60 credits for an associates at $26 per credit = $1560 plus fees and books, etc.

Anita18
12-30-2010, 08:08 PM
The place I went to Culinary School DOES have a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design, but if I remember correctly, the degree is 96K :scream: and it's a For-Profit School, biggest mistake I've ever made.
One of my friends in HS did interior design for IKEA stores, and was a graphic design major at a UC. As long as you have some kind of design background, I think you'd do okay. Doesn't matter where it's from.

Anita18
12-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Well, go somewhere else. You should be able to find a state school with a degree in interior design.

Here's one:

http://www.sdmesa.edu/interior-design/program.html

60 credits for an associates at $26 per credit = $1560 plus fees and books, etc.
That sounds way more reasonable to me.

And LC, yes, sometimes you gotta make the effort to apply somewhere else and drive a little further to the campus in order to save $95K. :P

galaxygirl
12-30-2010, 08:12 PM
One of my friends in HS did interior design for IKEA stores, and was a graphic design major at a UC. As long as you have some kind of design background, I think you'd do okay. Doesn't matter where it's from.

I don't really know anything about this career, but I'm guessing that your portfolio will be what potential employers will value the most.

LordCirque
12-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Mesa actually isn't that much further from me.

taf2002
12-30-2010, 08:28 PM
But isn't interior design kind of a glutted field?

Anita18
12-30-2010, 08:35 PM
But isn't interior design kind of a glutted field?
Going by the current job market, everything's a glutted field. :P

But now LC has a long list of things to look at. Time to do some research! :)

galaxygirl
12-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Going by the current job market, everything's a glutted field. :P

But now LC has a long list of things to look at. Time to do some research! :)

I would pick something at Mesa, whether it's interior design or something else. It's so cheap that LC can work full time and take classes part time, paying tuition as he goes, and graduate with no debt. And if he changes his mind later, he can go back for another degree. :)

gkelly
12-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Some of the careers listed would work for you, I think. Massage therapist and interior designer don't take a huge amount of education to get into. And you could write and dance in your free time. Voila! I've solved your problems. :D

I've known a number of dancers/choreographers who also worked as massage therapists. We did a lot of massage in my anatomy for dancers class -- all about learning the muscles.

One of my best friends from college was a dance major and is now a successful chiropractor, after appropriate training in that profession.

LordCirque
12-30-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm at another Community College now, not Mesa, but another one in the area. I want more than an AA degree though. I could probably pursue that AA part time while at UCSD or SDSU or something if I end up at one of those. Since neither of those are that far away from Mesa CC.

I've thought seriously for a long time about massage therapy actually, if I can get the chronic tennis elbow in both arms cleared up (it's pretty bad and makes even basic functions with my hands painful at times), I'd definitely go for it.