PDA

View Full Version : Comparative Literature Major

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

modern_muslimah
12-30-2010, 08:53 PM
@Grr et all, I did that career test the first time at Community College, the MBTI, is what they gave us, everything I've explored thus far was on the list. I go between an INFP and an ISFP. I might go to B&N or Borders today and sit down with it again though.

I'm an INFP. I know all about having a bunch of different passions. Although I managed to stick to one major throughout my college career, amazingly enough. I have a friend who is an ISFP and she works as an ESL instructor. She likes her job and besides her BA, she had to get a Masters in that field. Maybe that is a career you could explore?

galaxygirl
12-30-2010, 09:09 PM
I've known a number of dancers/choreographers who also worked as massage therapists. We did a lot of massage in my anatomy for dancers class -- all about learning the muscles.

One of my best friends from college was a dance major and is now a successful chiropractor, after appropriate training in that profession.

I sometimes think I would enjoy massage therapy but hands definitely won't hold up. And I don't want to have to touch strange nekkid people, but that doesn't seem to bother some people. :lol:

I actually think that kinesiologist or physical therapist would be cool, but it takes a lot of training and the physical therapy programs, at least, are extremely competitive.

I've thought seriously for a long time about massage therapy actually, if I can get the chronic tennis elbow in both arms cleared up (it's pretty bad and makes even basic functions with my hands painful at times), I'd definitely go for it.

What kind of treatment for the tennis elbow have you had? Do you have health insurance? Have you been to a physical therapist?

LordCirque
12-30-2010, 09:23 PM
My dance studio has a complimentary Sports Medicine doctor on staff, which I had a consultation with a few months ago, she gave me some basic exercises to do which I'm doing. I actually need to make another appointment with her in a couple of weeks.

Plus I'm gay, touching strange naked people is in our DNA :P :rofl:

El Rey
12-30-2010, 09:24 PM
At one of the universities I attended, the interior design program was in the School of Architecture.

galaxygirl
12-30-2010, 09:33 PM
My dance studio has a complimentary Sports Medicine doctor on staff, which I had a consultation with a few months ago, she gave me some basic exercises to do which I'm doing. I actually need to make another appointment with her in a couple of weeks.

:lol: Besides the exercises, you might want to try sports injury massage.

galaxygirl
12-30-2010, 09:35 PM
At one of the universities I attended, the interior design program was in the School of Architecture.

I think there are two different fields: interior decorating (which requires less training) and interior design (which requires more). But apparently they both get called interior design for some reason. Either that or I just made up the two different fields thing. :lol:

Allen
12-30-2010, 10:33 PM

I'm sorry, but I find this statement extremely offensive. Way to categorize all gay people as promiscuous, like the stereotype so many gay people have been trying to eschew for the past 40 years! It might be in your DNA to feel comfortable touching strange, naked people, but don't characterize the rest of the community that way. And before you decide to tell me that I don't understand your point or I need reread your post, don't bother because I'm not interested in excuses.

LordCirque
12-31-2010, 12:59 AM
It was a sarcastic joke, nothing more, nothing less.

Allen
12-31-2010, 01:05 AM

Okay, whatever, but it wasn't funny.

Norlite
12-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Are you in school FT now LC? Or just taking random classes?

Nan
12-31-2010, 01:23 AM

Yes, it was something more. It was stupid and rude.

Being the center of attention isn't as much fun when it's for something negative, is it?

Angelskates
12-31-2010, 02:19 AM
I hope you applied for a job while you were at B&N, LC.

LordCirque
12-31-2010, 03:21 AM
I've applied at B&N many times, I actually ended up not going today, but did go to the gym. I did apply for several other jobs in retail sales today though, to places I haven't tried before. Worth a shot.

Really
12-31-2010, 05:32 AM
Plus I'm gay, touching strange naked people is in our DNA :P :rofl:Gee, can we do a poll on that for the gay people here? Talk about perpetuating stereotypes...:duh:

LordCirque
12-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Apparently the sense of humor my friends and I have doesn't translate here. :shuffle:

Are you in school FT now LC? Or just taking random classes?

Yes, I'm in school full time finishing up my last few GE classes for transfer, and taking some random interesting classes while I do that.