PDA

View Full Version : 2012 San Jose Seat Assignments

Pages : 1 [2] 3

acraven
12-25-2010, 04:04 PM
But I have to say that from all the Nationals and Worlds in the US that I have ordered tickets from where I got my order form faxed in the morning of the day they went on sale, I have NEVER gotten front row seats before. I think that's because they use a formula to automatically assign them and that formula doesn't have the same seat picking values I do. :P

Yes, I have often suspected that they filling up all the top-priced seats in the most central section and only then move to the next-most-central section, etc. Or else they dole out seats in Row 1 all the way around the rink, including the end zones, and then move up to Row 2. And handling of the tour-group blocks varies from year to year; sometimes they seem to get the prime seats, but not always.

Front row is great, especially if you're a photographer, but for me it's more important to be reasonably near the center of the rink rather than down toward the end. I once ended up in the front row of the end zone and had to arrange a swap to a higher row near the middle once I got to the event. I simply cannot see from one end of the rink to the other.

I love being able to pick what's best for me out of the seats available at the time, but it's a very time-consuming process for the venue. On the other hand, they only have to do it once for however many sessions the all-event ticket covers, so I don't think it's unreasonable for us fans to expect that this process be used at future Nationals. (USFS, please note.)

ebayj
12-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know how many the arena seats for a skating event? I'm contemplating going, but should I send in a reservation form now or just wait until tickets go on sale?

Compaq seats up to 19,000, but I suspect the available sales seating will be much less than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compaq_Center_at_San_Jose

TanithandBenFan
12-26-2010, 02:16 AM
Here's the link to the seating chart. (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwzWvDYiFTudYzljM2Y5MzktODUyOC00YTJkLTkxZ DctOTIzNDMyMGFlYzli&sort=name&layout=list&num=50)

Usually the VIP-level price is only for the first five rows or so, but they've extended it up quite a few rows here. Over $600 is pretty steep for a fifteenth row seat in Secs 114-116. And over $100 for an exhibition ticket for those same seats.

MacMadame
12-27-2010, 07:39 AM
And over $100 for an exhibition ticket for those same seats.
Yeah, that got to me.

I love being able to pick what's best for me out of the seats available at the time, but it's a very time-consuming process for the venue.

Yes, I was quite shocked that they are doing it this way. I wonder if it will turn out to be so much work that they never do it again?

Carolla5501
12-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Another sign of the 'caring manner' that nationals are done with....

Doesn't make me sorry I didn't bother to do this "downpayment" :)

LadyNit
12-28-2010, 07:08 PM
YAY! Was able to call Mike this morning and buy exactly the seats we wanted. Front row, end, next to the skater entrance. :biggrinbo

Mission accomplished. Now the only thing left on today's agenda is flying home from Christmas. Not a very auspicious start...they are bussing us from Sun Valley to Boise (winter storm) and then we'll fly from there. Ugh. The hour and change direct flight turns into a 6 hour extravaganza. meh.

IceAlisa
12-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Got my seats! :cheer2:

Carolla5501
12-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Wonder if this push is so that by 2011 Nationals they can sell REAL tickets.

I found this "give us $50 and trust us" without knowing pricing etc just too much to worry about. It kind of felt like the "we will make as many seat 'top price' as we can using the deposit method LOL!

I know I am not paying $600 ++ so if they want my cash they need to have a REAL seat map in Greensboro so I can see where my budget will seat me. Otherwise I go to Paris :)

euterpe
12-29-2010, 01:23 AM
Still have not received a call, and I got a confirmation email dated November 9, 2009. I got the email more than a week after I sent in my deposit.

IceAlisa
12-29-2010, 01:36 AM
My confirmation email is dated 11/5/09 and I got a call today. You should be getting yours shortly, euterpe.

Anita18
12-29-2010, 01:43 AM
What I want to know is, when will they start volunteer signups? :lol: I volunteered for 2009 Worlds in LA and it seriously was the best experience EVAR. Exhausting, but amazing.

TanithandBenFan
12-29-2010, 02:54 AM
I know I am not paying $600 ++ so if they want my cash they need to have a REAL seat map in Greensboro so I can see where my budget will seat me. Otherwise I go to Paris :)

The seat map I posted is the map I'm sure they'll have in Greensboro, too. I don't think it's going to get more detailed than that.

Carolla5501
12-29-2010, 06:48 PM
The seat map I posted is the map I'm sure they'll have in Greensboro, too. I don't think it's going to get more detailed than that.

Well I keep getting this when I click on the link

Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available.

So I hope it's more "detailed" :)

TanithandBenFan
12-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Well I keep getting this when I click on the link

Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available.

So I hope it's more "detailed" :)

I tweaked the security settings. See if this link (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwzWvDYiFTudYzljM2Y5MzktODUyOC00YTJkLTkxZ DctOTIzNDMyMGFlYzli&hl=en) works.

Carolla5501
12-29-2010, 07:10 PM
I tweaked the security settings. See if this link (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwzWvDYiFTudYzljM2Y5MzktODUyOC00YTJkLTkxZ DctOTIzNDMyMGFlYzli&hl=en) works.

Much better. Looks like I would be fairly high! :)