PDA

View Full Version : Pang & Tong overrated these days?

Pages : 1 [2]

Ozzisk8tr
12-23-2010, 11:55 PM
They were ridiculously overmarked in Vancouver. None of their PCS skills came anywhere close to S/S'. Yet they got marked as if they did.

This season they've got the lowest TES and one of the highest PCS at two events now.

I have to admit their FS is well choreographed this season, but still, the gap between them and the teams being placed below them on the PCS is way too large.

In your opinion. ;)

yaoyao
12-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Although Pang/Tong are overrated these days, if they continue skating the way they are, they will lose reputation scores sooner or later.Meanwhile, hope S/S,V/T,K/S all can do their best at the Worlds so that Pang/Tong will have little chance.

oleada
12-24-2010, 06:06 AM
They've been overrated for years.

julieann
12-24-2010, 06:09 AM
I don't really think the Germans have deserved 130+ pts for their LPs either, but they have been so far superior to everyone else that the scores/placements make sense. It's not uncommon for the clear winners' scores to be inflated a bit. We've seen Shen/Zhao, Yu-Na, etc, get huge scores when they are the clear winners, even if the actual performance may not have been as wonderful as the score indicates. I think we've seen something similar with S/S and P/T on the GP this year.

P/T at least skate with some maturity, whereas the Zhangs seem to sleep walk through their programs, and Sui/Han don't even look like they're skating the same program half the time. :lol:

I totally agree.

luCN
12-24-2010, 07:08 AM
after watch COC and GPF,I think when we talk about the overrated thing we should watch them in person at least once.

Now I can understand why Daisuka and Chan got higher PCS,they deserved it.Their ss tr ch in....are all in another level,especially compare to some famous skater like Joubert etc. So do SS and PT.if they are over ten points higher than others,I won't be surprise.the other four is really far below them.

nro
12-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Chan and Takahashi deserve it but I've never seen Pang-Tong getting praised for basic skating skills far above the rest of the field, and furthermore Pang does have weak positions in general, so to get such a huge boost from PCS seems unjustified to me.