PDA

View Full Version : SWTS - the Finals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

BigB08822
12-21-2010, 10:53 PM
When ratings are as low as they supposedly are, then yes, I think having an undeserving winner could influence whether they decide to renew. Bethanny is one person, her fan base isn't tuning in again next year since she wont be competing. I think this show has a shot if they got even a C level list of celebrities. This years cast was so out there that they don't even get a Z list rating, they're like hurricanes and had to go to the Greek alphabet.

genevieve
12-21-2010, 10:59 PM
But if Bethenny's fans are the ones getting the show the fans it has, if there's a 2nd season (which I doubt), I imagine they'd make sure to have another current reality star on board to bring in the biggest possible audience.

I don't think it's a mistake that DWTS has had gigantic ratings with their stunt casting - Kate Gosselin was a craptastic dancer but she made it quite far because of her fans. And Bristol didn't get to the finale based on her dancing ability, either.

Garden Kitty
12-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm watching, but under protest :P

:lol:

my little pony
12-22-2010, 01:02 AM
oh hellz yes, this is worth the price of admission for the whole season

Allen
12-22-2010, 01:04 AM
oh hellz yes, this is worth the price of admission for the whole season

Right? Basically my three favorite moments are on the show are this number, Johnny skating Poker Face, and the group number on the first night.

BelleBway
12-22-2010, 01:04 AM
I'm watching, but under protest :P

:mitchell:

:lol: I've been here for the full journey, can't stop now... even if it means I may end up :soapbox: at the outcome. I can't imagine being such an uberfan that I'd vote for my favorite (even on a cheesy TV show) if they were as mediocre compared to the other competitors as Bethenny was. But then again, I'd never be a fan of a faux reality "star" like Bethenny to begin with, so there is that. :shuffle:

Garden Kitty
12-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Darn, I'm too late - I was going to go on a rescue mission to get Denis out of that opening number.

Matryeshka
That would have done any 18th ranked OES ice dance team PROUD.

Allen
I hope if Rebecca loses that she pulls a Surya Bonaly on Bethenny's ass :)

ChelleC
12-22-2010, 01:07 AM

If she would then it would be my favorite moment of the show. :lol:

Garden Kitty
12-22-2010, 01:07 AM

and Bethenny can't skate well enough to skate away :lol:

Allen
12-22-2010, 01:08 AM
:mitchell:

:lol: I've been here for the full journey, can't stop now... even if it means I may end up :soapbox: at the outcome. I can't imagine being such an uberfan that I'd vote for my favorite (even on a cheesy TV show) if they were as mediocre compared to the other competitors as Bethenny was. But then again, I'd never be a fan of a faux reality "star" like Bethenny to begin with, so there is that. :shuffle:

I'm telling you, based on what I've seen on facebook, these people are voting multiple times on phone, text, and online. A lot of them actually think Bethenny did a better job than Rebecca, which my brain has yet to wrap itself around.

I hope Johnny and Dick lay the smack on Bethenny tonight :revenge:

BelleBway
12-22-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm telling you, based on what I've seen on facebook, these people are voting multiple times on phone, text, and online. A lot of them actually think Bethenny did a better job than Rebecca, which my brain has yet to wrap itself around.

If I had the motivation, I could surely whip out a thesis paper about how these voting results are indicative of everything that is wrong with society. :drama: But I'd just rather snark here... ;)

danceronice
12-22-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm not even watching. Bethanny's not Bristol, she's Master P with a fan base. I had adults in hockey skates at the skating school I taught at who bent their knees more.

That, and I am trying to avoid the "Real" Housewives (yes, that means you, Fashion Show.) If she wins, I almost hope there's another season just so someone who's not a waste of organs and postconsumer plastic parts can win it.

Capella
12-22-2010, 01:12 AM
:cold:Brandon--a scarf, really?:cold: