PDA

View Full Version : SWTS - the Finals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

nerdycool
12-21-2010, 04:30 PM
I signed in online on both Twitter and MySpace since I use different email addresses for both, and voted for Rebecca. I also gave her phone votes.

And even though SWTS wasn't taken seriously by 98% of the general population including Bethenny, the thought of her winning irks me to no end. Not because she's not as good as the others, and not even because she has a power-voting base. But because I can almost guarantee that she's just going to chuck the trophy in a box as soon as she gets home. After all, she was just there to have fun.

At least with Jonny and Rebecca, you got the feeling that they took pride in improving and they actually WANT to win.

Allen
12-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Bethanny looks like a shar pei :EVILLE:

Um, that kind of freaked me out since that was always my nickname for uncircumsized penises :rofl:

skatingfan5
12-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Last night I was :eek: :yikes: :mad: :fragile::wuzrobbed and :wall: about the results. And since I'd only written down Jonny & Brooke's number, I couldn't even vote for Rebecca & Fred. :(

Now that some time has passed, I have a much better handle on things.

I hope that Rebecca can somehow win. :cheer2:

Jonny not skating in the finale tonight still has me :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed
But looking on the bright side, now I will be able to take care of last minute shopping instead of watching SWTS.

As for Bethenny Frankenskater and her horde of housewife-follower fans. :lynch:

Oh, and :revenge: to myself for even caring about any of this. :lol:

taf2002
12-21-2010, 05:22 PM
She has a horrible personality- but Rebecca is kind of blah, so at least Bethanny has personality

I don't think Rebecca is blah. It's called class.

Aceon6
12-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Kinda sad that fame-whoring has become accepted as opposed to ridiculed.

Allen
12-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Kinda sad that fame-whoring has become accepted as opposed to ridiculed.

It's so widespread that it has become common place. I know Bethenny has a rabid fan base, but I'm just shocked that even these people believe she DESERVES to win.

Rex
12-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Um, that kind of freaked me out since that was always my nickname for uncircumsized penises :rofl:
:D. Don't hate me, I know I am bad.

BittyBug
12-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Was it Matryeshka or Rex who coined the term Bitchanny?

Allen
12-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Was it Matryeshka or Rex who coined the term Bitchanny?

God bless whoever did it! :cheer:

:D. Don't hate me, I know I am bad.

The image was horrific, but hilarious. No hate :)

shuilee
12-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Bethany is going to win because only audience votes will effectively count for the Finals. Even though the rules say it's 50% judges and 50% audience, the tie-breaker is the audience.

Rebecca will have 1st place ordinal from judges and Bethany will have 1st place ordinal from audience. This will go to the tiebreaker (audience votes), and Bethany will win.

BigB08822
12-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Any word on if this will get a 2nd season? If they want it to have any chance at all then they need to do the right thing and have Rebecca win. You can't expect a renewal with horrible ratings AND an undeserving winner. No one will ever tune in again.

Rex
12-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Any word on if this will get a 2nd season? If they want it to have any chance at all then they need to do the right thing and have Rebecca win. You can't expect a renewal with horrible ratings AND an undeserving winner. No one will ever tune in again.

After this, I bloody hope not!

genevieve
12-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Do you honestly think a renewal would hinge on whether the winner was a decent skater?

GarrAarghHrumph
12-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Shows are renewed based on ratings, period. Ratings within key demographics. That's pretty much it. So if having a crappy skater with a huge fan base win this thing causes her fan base to tune in, and if that fan base is large enough to influence ratings, then it doesn't matter who wins. Not in terms of renewal.

Jenna
12-21-2010, 10:30 PM
This show has been a fun few weeks for me, but I highly doubt it will be renewed.