PDA

View Full Version : Old TV skating film, Champions, now on DVD!

Frau Muller
12-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Look at what I just discovered on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Champions-Vincent-McNichol-Jennifer-Schedeen/dp/B003NTT74U/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1292871172&sr=1-1

This is quite the chestnut from years past. Glad to see it commercially available and on DVD.

BaileyCatts
12-21-2010, 03:39 AM
OMG .... I remember watching this on TV. And it was "inspired by real events" ... uh, who was it based on?

I'll black this out just in case someone doesn't want to know plot point, but which skater was it that was killed in a plane crash -- or was it car wreck -- the guy or the girl?

AnnM
01-06-2011, 03:48 AM
OMG .... I remember watching this on TV. And it was "inspired by real events" ... uh, who was it based on?

I'll black this out just in case someone doesn't want to know plot point, but which skater was it that was killed in a plane crash -- or was it car wreck -- the guy or the girl?

I think the guy died in a plane crash and then the girl went on to skate singles? I think I saw this when I was 6 or 7 (I'm 34 now), so my memory is a bit faulty!

Frau Muller
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
I just got my copy and watched and, yes, cried. What a good movie!

wouldacoulda
01-13-2011, 02:17 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I haven't seen this cheesefest in years!!! Can't wait to add it to my ever-growing cheezy skating movie collection!!! Thanks for the heads-up, Frau Muller