PDA

View Full Version : Which Olympic victory left you really, really "satisfied"?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Mafke
12-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Why turn this nice topic about "satisfying" Olympic victories

What's the point of that? Contentious decisions are ultimately a lot more fun (and educational).

And Lysacek's victory was kind of satisfying for me in terms of honestly looking at what needed to be done and doing it. (I'm not a Lysacek fan but I think his victory in Vancouver was deserved and satisfying)

museksk8r
12-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Why turn this nice topic about "satisfying" Olympic victories into such an unpleasant Plushenko/Lysacek discussion???

:violin:

:lol: "Unpleasant"? I don't see any clawing, biting, or hair pulling going on. ;):P

Vash01
12-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Plushenko's in 2006. It was not his best performance, but it was good enough for an Olympic gold- that's the only medal missing from his wonderful record of accomplishments.

Others-

G&G 1988 - Perfection in its true sense.

M&D 1992- one of the most memorable winning performances, even though it was imperfect.

B&S 2002- before the storm. It was very satisfying for me to watch in person these two talented skaters finally win the OGM.

Kulik 1998- not artistically great, but technically awesome.

Boitano- 1988. Technically & artistically great.

Klimova-Ponomarenko: 1992

Torville-Dean: 1984

Yu na Kim 2010: Simply awesome, considering how much pressure she was carrying. Not one mistake in the entire competition!

kwanette
12-22-2010, 10:26 PM
And Lysacek's victory was kind of satisfying for me in terms of honestly looking at what needed to be done and doing it.

Well said, and that is how and why he won.

clarie
12-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Virtue and Moir, 2010. Because I was there to see it!

Same for me (Virtue and Moir) though they received a SO (in my living room) throughout their whole FD because I was so nervous I couldn't sit down lol. So envious of you that you were actually there.:)

aliona22
12-23-2010, 03:09 AM
most satisfying was 1992, Klimova & Ponomarenko finally winning with that incredible fd. least satisfying was 2006 dance; it was great to see NavKos win, but so frustrating for the whole event to end with DelShoes skating amazing and undeservedly missing the podium for the thousandth time. :wuzrobbed

chmea
12-23-2010, 04:12 AM
For sure S/Z in 2010. They deserved it so much.

V/M in 2010. What a competition for them !

Shuzika in 2006. To be honest, I like her but I simply didn't want to see cohen or slutskaya win. I know it's mean :shuffle:

caseyedwards
12-23-2010, 04:24 AM
most satisfying was 1992, Klimova & Ponomarenko finally winning with that incredible fd. least satisfying was 2006 dance; it was great to see NavKos win, but so frustrating for the whole event to end with DelShoes skating amazing and undeservedly missing the podium for the thousandth time. :wuzrobbed

This post made me watch DelShoes and the glove thing was so unique and creative! Such a great performance on a lot of levels!

paskatefan
12-23-2010, 11:57 AM
This post made me watch DelShoes and the glove thing was so unique and creative! Such a great performance on a lot of levels!

Yes, it was a shame they were never on the Olympic podium. I was overjoyed when they won Worlds. :D :encore:

K&P - a superb dance team - 1992!

Aussie Willy
12-25-2010, 10:26 PM
To be honest it was just a bad Olympics for ice dance. Really nothing was podium worthy or particulary memorable. The shame was Dubriel/Lauzon had to withdraw which meant they didn't get to perform their beautiful FD.

eleonorad
12-26-2010, 12:07 AM
few results satisfy me :D and I'm not a fan but I pick Shen / Zhao. they really deserved it, not only for their on ice performance (which should be the only one that counts, of course): it was awesome!

..even though my heart broke for Savchenko/Szolkowy, I think their FD was really touching, but I really hope they won't miss next Olympics..

snoopysnake
12-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Boitano, above all others.

Others I wanted to win Gold, who did:
Robin Cousins, Hamilton, Torvill & Dean, G&G '88, K&P, Yamaguchi, Plushenko, Shen & Zhao.

Golds I really liked, though not who I'd hoped would get them:
Petrenko (wanted Wylie)
Kulik (was rooting for Eldredge)
Hughes (wanted Kwan to win)
Lysacek (would've preferred Lambiel, but Evan was so brilliant it was almost as satisfying)

bbkenn
12-27-2010, 02:57 AM
Yagudin, Tessa & Scott, and Liz Manley's silver medal in Calgary 88 Olympics.

hpfaff
12-27-2010, 06:48 AM
Absolutely my most satisfying win was Yagudin in 2002 and I was there when he won. I really miss his skating...he could jump and skate beautifully! I loved it when he kissed the ice!

dollyl
12-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Paul Wylie's Silver medal at the 1992 Olympics. It was so moving even though it wasn't a gold.