PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire Matchmaker

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kwantumleap
12-20-2010, 04:57 AM
Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but MM is one of my favorite shows on tv. The last episode was the best one yet IMO. The next one should be good, too, but less successful.

Flatfoote
12-20-2010, 05:33 AM
I like this show too.

But, I've often wondered about her opening intro, where she says she has an "extremely high success rate." Really? How often do we read the updates where the people even see each other again? Let alone actually pursue a real meaningfull relationship.

duane
12-20-2010, 07:55 PM
It seems like every show this season ends with her screaming "Get the hell out of my club!"

Cheylana
12-20-2010, 08:17 PM
But, I've often wondered about her opening intro, where she says she has an "extremely high success rate." Really? How often do we read the updates where the people even see each other again? Let alone actually pursue a real meaningfull relationship.
I can't be sure, but I think her real-life (i.e., off-camera) matchmaking business has a higher success rate because she is counseling people who legitimately want to find someone, not a bunch of famewhores who just want to get on TV.

It seems like every show this season ends with her screaming "Get the hell out of my club!"
:lol:

Beefcake
12-20-2010, 08:48 PM
I :watch: this show, too, for the chain of trainwrecks. And for the eye candy Patti and her kids round up as candidates ... most of them far too young and :psoty: or :glamor: for the subject millionnaire.

The last episode was the best one yet IMO. The next one should be good, too, but less successful.
:shuffle: Is the "last episode" you refer to the one with the "you CAN and you WILL [slurp those fermented duck embryo shooters]" current/future serial killer? He with the reptilian eyes and eville smile? If so, :lol: how was that "successful"? Okay, the episode was successful, if that's what you mean.

What a creepy freak. And the other guy for the episode -- showing his weird surgically sculpted abs-on-top-of-fat and taking his date to a clothing optional spa -- was a loser in his own right ... but just sophomoric verus creepy.

The post-creepy-Q-tip-episode previews showed a flaming, pretentious, older queen ... apparently looking for hot young boys. So the usual in gay life. I'm sure that Patti will loooove this guy's entitlement. :watch:

skatemommy
12-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Read an interview with Patti; the fame ho's get NO pay from Bravo. Love the show, she is a hoot. The one that brought his "assistant" on the date should be shot! Whatta pig...

Allen
12-20-2010, 10:39 PM
I don't really like Patti, but I watch the show every week despite that. I would love to know what happened with Chelsea that caused her to leave/get fired.

luenatic
12-21-2010, 12:02 AM
What a nasty, disgusting, revolting and trashy show. I watch it every week! Can't wait for the next nauseating episode (the one with the older gay guy)!!!

Beefcake
12-21-2010, 12:18 AM
I don't really like Patti, but I watch the show every week despite that. I would love to know what happened with Chelsea that caused her to leave/get fired.

What a nasty, disgusting, revolting and trashy show. I watch it every week! Can't wait for the next nauseating episode (the one with the older gay guy)!!!

But other than the host and the millionnaires, it's a great show! We don't miss an episode. :lol:

I've not vested any real brain cells in this show (well, not until these posts today, that is ;)), but I once heard a gay at a party joking that these millionnaires are putting all their trust in finding a "lifetime match" on the skills of a woman who has never been married. :rofl:

Not sure if this is accurate, and again, I'm not going to put in the effort to Wiki it. But I will defend her skills, using the analogy that some of the greatest coaches in the history of sports never really played at the championship level of their subject sport (ergo Patti is the coach, and dating is her sport) ... but I find her never married status as a nice source for chuckles.

Kwantumleap
12-22-2010, 12:19 AM
:shuffle: Is the "last episode" you refer to the one with the "you CAN and you WILL [slurp those fermented duck embryo shooters]" current/future serial killer? He with the reptilian eyes and eville smile? If so, :lol: how was that "successful"? Okay, the episode was successful, if that's what you mean.

What a creepy freak. And the other guy for the episode -- showing his weird surgically sculpted abs-on-top-of-fat and taking his date to a clothing optional spa -- was a loser in his own right ... but just sophomoric verus creepy.
No, that one was vile! :scream: I was referring to the episode that followed with the famous publisher/Sirius radio queen and the chef/caterer. That was an awesome episode.

I agree that most of the shows have been messes, though. I still learn a lot from them. It's like a modern take on Cinderella. Some of the dates seem SO awkward.

skatemommy
12-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Well her hubby to be would not come on the show...and she was ticked. She has lost a ton of weight and is taking that Sensa stuff. Some of the best skating coaches don't have kids...just sayin!:P

Allen
12-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I've not vested any real brain cells in this show (well, not until these posts today, that is ;)), but I once heard a gay at a party joking that these millionnaires are putting all their trust in finding a "lifetime match" on the skills of a woman who has never been married. :rofl:

Not sure if this is accurate, and again, I'm not going to put in the effort to Wiki it. But I will defend her skills, using the analogy that some of the greatest coaches in the history of sports never really played at the championship level of their subject sport (ergo Patti is the coach, and dating is her sport) ... but I find her never married status as a nice source for chuckles.

As far as I know, she's never been married. Her most recent fiance wouldn't come on her show, but was cool going on other shows according to what she said on Watch What Happens Live (another super guilty pleasure). I'll never forget the episode where she told her mother that Randy Quaid was the best oral sex she ever had.

Beefcake
12-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Oh, thanks sooooo much, Allen. Now, I'll be needing a liquid lunch. Brain bleach being the liquid.

Or maybe I'll just embellish that you meant to write Dennis Quaid ... ahhh, yes, much better vision. :grope:

Allen
12-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Oh, thanks sooooo much, Allen. Now, I'll be needing a liquid lunch. Brain bleach being the liquid.

Or maybe I'll just embellish that you meant to write Dennis Quaid ... ahhh, yes, much better vision. :grope:

That was payback for the shar pei comment :rofl:

I'm with you on Dennis Quaid. He was so hot in Far From Heaven

luenatic
12-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Oy Vey! Watched the latest episode with the Ga(y)geist. He is so charming. I'm sure he's the belle of the ball. Where do these people learn their holier than thou attitude? The way he looked at the young guy was just gross.