PDA

View Full Version : Best Olympic Games

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Karina1974
12-26-2010, 04:19 PM
The problem I have with Lillehammer is the ladies event. Oksana Baiul as an Olympic champion is still something really painful to me !

This. Equally painful is hearing how the final result all came down to Jan Hoffmann's marks for Bauil and Kerrigan. It had nothing to do with that; it was because certain judges gave Bauil very inflated tech. marks and Kerrigan far lower tech marks than she deserved for a program with a 3-3 combo, something Bauil lacked.

Karina1974
12-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Calgary '88!!!

The glitz! The glam! The rivalries! :watch: Big poofy 80's skating hair on the gals AND the guys!

Yeah, I would say this was a good Olympics. I remember watching it, and have refreshed by watching clips on YouTube, because I don't have tapes of this (the first OG I have on tape is 1994, because my mother is Norwegian and wanted us to tape the whole Games!).

judgejudy27
12-26-2010, 04:51 PM
This. Equally painful is hearing how the final result all came down to Jan Hoffmann's marks for Bauil and Kerrigan. It had nothing to do with that; it was because certain judges gave Bauil very inflated tech. marks and Kerrigan far lower tech marks than she deserved for a program with a 3-3 combo, something Bauil lacked.

Exactly. Of all the judges who voted for Baiul, Hoffmann's way of doing so was the most justified. He deserves none of the unfair slant given to him by CBS. The biggest culprit of all was the Czech judge Jarmila Portova who gave Baiul an absurd 5.9 for technical merit. As she had given Kerrigan 5.8 technical, 5.9 artistic, Baiul's victory would not have happened without that particular proposterous mark for her technically inferior program. The Ukraine judge who has former ties to Baiul and is one of the most corrupt judges in the sport is another to look at. He found a way to place Baiul 1st in the short program with a badly two footed combo, and then again placed her 1st in the long program via the technical mark and not the artistic too.

BigB08822
12-26-2010, 05:23 PM
The most recent events always win these polls so I throw out the results for Vancouver and look at the rest. :lol: Lillehammer wins! It was also my vote!

To the person who combined placements from 2006 and 2010, there is no way Cohen would have been above Rochette. No way!