PDA

View Full Version : Crossbreed Dogs We Would Like To See

Pages : [1] 2

Jot the Dot Dot
12-19-2010, 03:41 PM
: Pointer and Setter; resulting in a "Pointsetter, a traditional Christmas pet"

: Labrador Retriever and Curly Coat Retriever, producing "Lab Coat Retriever, convenient for workers at the National Institutes of Health"

: Bloodhound and Labrador, sire and dam of "Blabador, a gossipy barker"

: Malamute and Pointer, generating "Moot Point, a dog owned by....oh well, it doesn't matter"

LilJen
12-19-2010, 05:54 PM
A pointer + any kind of guard-type dog = point guard; perfect when you need a fifth person for that pickup basketball game.

judiz
12-19-2010, 06:54 PM
I have a dog which I call a doxidor, she's part dachshund and part black lab.
Picture a black lab with very short legs.

Aussie Willy
12-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I have a dog which I call a doxidor, she's part dachshund and part black lab.
Picture a black lab with very short legs.

How was that dog concieved? :eek: What was the mother and what was the father?

judiz
12-19-2010, 09:17 PM
LOL, no idea, we adopted her from an animal rescue group and were originally told she was a cocker spaniel mix. As she grew longer but not taller, we realized she definitely was not cocker spaniel. The vet estimated her heritage based on appearance plus size and shape of head.

LilJen
12-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Heh, a friend of ours used to have a neighbor with what must have been a doxidor. Its name was Squatty. Very appropriate for the short-legged pup.

Japanfan
12-20-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm against the designer mixed breeds, in part because so many of the purebreds already have genetic predispositions to health problems due to overbreeding. For example, Gold Retrievers and King George Cavilier spaniels are prone to cancer.

Also, there are a lot of nice mixed breeds in shelters and rescues waiting to find their forever home.

Kasey
12-20-2010, 12:41 AM
I saw in Home Depot last week a St. bernard/black lab mix. HUGE dog, looked very black lab but with longer hair and big head. Very very sweet dog, but the size of a small horse!

BigB08822
12-20-2010, 01:10 AM
What about a bulldog and shitszu, resulting in a Bullshit!

nyrak
12-20-2010, 01:47 AM
What about a bulldog and shitszu, resulting in a Bullshit!

LOL! Awesome!

I have a schnauzer - poodle cross, a "schnoodle" :) :dog:

Aussie Willy
12-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Someone at work has a labradoodle (which I am looking after this weekend).

Lacey
12-20-2010, 03:55 AM
We have two labradoodles in the neighborhood, crazy dogs!

judiz
12-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm against the designer mixed breeds, in part because so many of the purebreds already have genetic predispositions to health problems due to overbreeding. For example, Gold Retrievers and King George Cavilier spaniels are prone to cancer.

Also, there are a lot of nice mixed breeds in shelters and rescues waiting to find their forever home.

Call it a designer dog and people will pay hundreds of dollars, call it by it's real name, a mutt and no one wants it.

cholla
12-20-2010, 01:04 PM

Thanks for saying that :respec:. There is enough crossbreed dogs in shelters who can't find a home, let's not play the apprentice sorcerer and try to create a new trend out of it.

AYS
12-20-2010, 02:38 PM
We call our chihuahua/pug rescue a chug.