PDA

View Full Version : Help re: Facebook friends' gaming activity

Pages : 1 [2]

Allen
12-19-2010, 10:54 PM
I do add people just to play games.. but they get added to a special group that can't see anything on my profile and I hide all their updates too.

I started to do that, and I did end up hiding some people, but some of the people are really nice and post intelligent comments to my status updates, so I like having them around.

numbers123
12-19-2010, 11:06 PM
My circle on facebook is not quite as limited as yours, Aceon, but at the same time, I didn't really want to be friends with these people. So far, they haven't bothered me or posted on my wall much, so I'm just going to see how it goes.

I am really hidden on facebook so that unless you know someone who is a friend of mine, you really can't find me. and until recently even if you knew a friend of mine you couldn't find me.

My college roommate couldn't find me. We lost communication (mostly on my part) for several years. Just recently through Christmas cards we re-connected and I sent out a facebook friend request. She wasn't able to find.

I don't post my game status' (occasionally one or two get through) because I know that it is annoying.

KatieC
12-19-2010, 11:24 PM
After reading this thread I went and got rid of a lot of the game stuff on mine. Since I don't put a lot up on my own, the only things showing were the game stuff. How boring!

Spinner
12-20-2010, 06:48 AM
I don't post my game status' (occasionally one or two get through) because I know that it is annoying.

And we love you for that! :D

MacMadame
12-27-2010, 07:04 PM
I accept any friend request. I do that because people who follow my blog want to be my friend on Facebook and I think that's reasonable of them. But because of that, I'm very careful about what I put up there. I consider my FB page to be an extension of my public persona and not part of my personal life.

As for the notices sent out by games, I go back and forth. I only play two games and one only posts to your wall about something completely boring to others so I don't post it. But the other does all these things where, if you post a message to your friends' wall, they can get bonuses in the game. I go through periods where I don't post them anyway and periods where I post them so my friends can get the bonuses. I wish I could send them only to friends who play the game but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.