PDA

View Full Version : Funny comments made by non-figure skating fans about the sport

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

Ozzisk8tr
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
lol

Whole post:

I really can't coment from a womans perspective but for mine its More cushion for the pushin'. :P

olympic
01-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Love it!

I would get on so well with him! :D

He also yells 'BORING' at the TV when someone is not to his liking, and thinks he's clever when he says 'skate faster, we have reservations' :lol:

He made a fatal mistake by pestering me during the Vancouver Ladies SP just as Mao and YuNa were skating back-to-back :mad:

miki88
01-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Mom remembers only four skaters from Vancouver. Kim, Asada, "the adorable Rachael kid" and "Japanese Anaksunamun" :rofl:
She apparently had a huge argument with dad because he kept insisting Kim looked catty and bitchy unlike the sweet-looking Japanese girl.:duh: I'm guessing he meant Asada.

:lol: Interesting. One of my guy friends told me after watching the both of them skate their SP's that while he was more in awe of Kim's skating, he thought Mao was more beautiful in terms of looks.

Ziggy
01-06-2011, 01:15 AM
So obviously Ponsero won by a landslide right?

Szolkowy comes close. :)

pinky166
01-06-2011, 04:23 AM
When I watch skating and my dad's in the same room, whenever he sees Joannie Rochette skate, he always asks me if she was a former soccer or tennis player because of her ripped upper body. It's funny :lol:

My mom also asked me once "why is that beautiful girl Miki Ando always hanging around that sleazy greaseball." Of course she was referring to Morozov :lol:

vmfan89
01-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Szolkowy comes close. :)

I think Paul Poirier could also keep up.

pinky166
01-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Mom remembers only four skaters from Vancouver. Kim, Asada, "the adorable Rachael kid" and "Japanese Anaksunamun" :rofl:
She apparently had a huge argument with dad because he kept insisting Kim looked catty and bitchy unlike the sweet-looking Japanese girl.:duh: I'm guessing he meant Asada.

:lol: . Watching Olympics with a teenage boy is the best, my 17 year old brother thought Asada was the better skater but said she looked like she was 12. As for Kim, he said she was "super hot" and that's why she won :lol:. But his favorite was Miki Ando, he really liked the way she looked in her FS dress and kept talking about how she had such great legs :P. I've never even noticed Miki's legs before :rolleyes:

bardtoob
01-06-2011, 04:24 PM
:lol: . . . But his favorite was Miki Ando, he really liked the way she looked in her FS dress and kept talking about how she had such great legs :P. I've never even noticed Miki's legs before :rolleyes:

Now you know what Morozov sees :lol:

Dragonlady
01-06-2011, 04:38 PM

I remember a shot of Morosov on Canadian in the "backstage" area leering at Miki's ass. Maybe there are multiple attractions.

bardtoob
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
And now starts my "scientific" analysis . . .

What a joke!!! Your pseudoscientic analysis only speaks of evolution up to monkeys, in terms of motivation. It does not address human evolution.

There is a reason why females were willing to mate with males with the peculiar characteristic of standing up, a posture that involves gluteal muscles.

bardtoob
01-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I remember a shot of Morosov on Canadian in the "backstage" area leering at Miki's ass. Maybe there are multiple attractions.

I figure that was included in why the teenage boy liked Miki in her FS dress ;)

danceronice
01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Glutes: muscles that are highly noticable when well-developed especially when said male is wearing tight clothes.

More developed, muscular men: Statistically more desirable to human females. Indicates higher testosterone, therefore more virile. Evolution says mate with the virile male.

(And don't kid yourself women have never been interested in looking at male genetalia--there was a reason for the popularity of the codpiece as male garment. The wonderbra of its day.)

pinky166
01-06-2011, 10:23 PM

I mean I guess. The main thing I noticed about Miki in her FS dress was that she was really thin. My brother likes skinny girls though so no surprises there. And Miki is very beautiful.

Bronxfan
01-07-2011, 03:56 AM
My beautiful late mother - every year we would watch the US Nationals and every year she would ask me the same question: "What country is this one from?"

Artifice
01-07-2011, 11:49 AM
What a joke!!! Your pseudoscientic analysis only speaks of evolution up to monkeys, in terms of motivation. It does not address human evolution.

You are taking things a little bit too seriously. There is a reason why I put "scientific" between ""... I didn't mean to do a boring and too serious scientist expertise. However what I said was actually taken from a real scientific studies, which means, like it or not, it is true (as far as we can trust scientist expertise more than a non scientist's opinion).
And it was about human evolution. Before being humans sapiens sapiens, we were homo erectus, habilis... that I called monkeys to not add a too serious perspective to my post, but we used to stand on 4 feet before getting on our 2 feet.

I didn't say females were not attracted by males body, I said they were not primarly attracted by males butt, whereas males were/are attracted by females butt.
Female are attracted by virirility features, and virility features are not localised on the butt.