PDA

View Full Version : Zhangs from China; what are they doing?

Pages : [1] 2

Octoberopals
12-18-2010, 06:52 PM
I don't remember seeing them for the last 2 years. Have they quit skating?

burntBREAD
12-18-2010, 06:57 PM
I don't remember seeing them for the last 2 years. Have they quit skating?

The male Zhang has an injury, I forget what, but they're out for now, may come back for Worlds.

They were here last year! They went to the Olympics and finished like 5th, haha! :lol:

Sylvia
12-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Here's the earlier thread that asked about them: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76243

Jeschke
02-05-2011, 11:13 AM
does anyone have a current status of the zhangs?
iīm so looking forward to see their new programs, love the music choices.
sad, they are ot in the entries for the 4cc.

hope they will gain back their strength, although it was never lost, letīs say, hope, they will gain back the judges attention.
gorgeous programs last year (not the first sp), donīt know, where their pcs went :(

judgejudy27
02-05-2011, 11:19 AM
If they arent able to compete this season I hope they use the programs they were planning to use this season next season instead. It would be a shame to miss out on seeing them.

As for the judges respect with Shen & Zhou retired and Pang & Tong seemingly aging downwards in abilities this season they have a perfect opportunity to reclaim Chinese #1 status. I dont think Sui & Han are that good frankly, and I think the Zhangs can easily hold them off. The problem is with the Germans going strong again and the Russians building back up in a big way I am not sure how big a factor any of the Chinese pairs will be in the coming 3 years. I think the Zhangs are their biggest potential hope for 2014 though, not Pang & Tong or Sui & Han.

judgejudy27
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM
gorgeous programs last year (not the first sp), donīt know, where their pcs went :(

I thought they were politically dumped. I cant see any other rational explanation for such a huge dropoff in scores when they actually improved.

allezfred
02-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I dont think Sui & Han are that good frankly,

Well, if you're saying that it must mean that they are really good. :cheer2:

Jeschke
03-24-2011, 06:56 PM
someone has any news about dan&hao?

they are not on the worlds team but listed at yu-na kims show in korea?
what ****** is that?:mad:

julieann
03-24-2011, 07:43 PM
I don't see how getting 5th in the Olympics and Worlds last year is anything to sneeze at; I'm sure plenty of teams would have liked those placements and in 09 they were 2nd in the world, not too shabby.

blue_idealist
03-24-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't think they were politically dumped. I think they were overscored for a few years (ex. silver at 2006 Olympics), and then got the scores they rightfully deserved.

Rock2
03-24-2011, 09:34 PM
someone has any news about dan&hao?

they are not on the worlds team but listed at yu-na kims show in korea?
what ****** is that?:mad:

Maybe they are not healed enough to do certain elements. e.g. he can lift but can't jump

alilou
03-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Maybe they are not healed enough to do certain elements. e.g. he can lift but can't jump

Since he had a broken finger it's probably the other way around :P

To answer Jeschke's question, I imagine his finger is healed enough now for him to do an exhibition number, but they haven't been able to compete all season, probably didn't even have programs (I can't remember but I think the injury occurred way back during the summer), due to his injury. Why so angry?

stjeaskategym
03-25-2011, 12:17 AM
I don't see how getting 5th in the Olympics and Worlds last year is anything to sneeze at; I'm sure plenty of teams would have liked those placements and in 09 they were 2nd in the world, not too shabby.

I agree. Just because they don't place 2nd every competition doesn't mean that they have been "dumped". The strength of the field often has a lot to do with results, and there was no denying that the strong return of Shen/Zhao,the rise of a team like Mukhortova/Trankov, the solid programs of Pang/Tong, etc., made it more difficult for Zhang/Zhang to medal at major events. Aside from their weaknesses, Z/Z also struggling a bit with consistency last season, had to scrap their SP, etc. There is no shame at all in finishing top 5 at the Olympics. With K/S bombing the LP there, however, the Zhangs should have at least beat them, but that's a whole other story.

I imagine we'll see the Zhangs in competition next season? Then again, I didn't think they'd miss this entire season over a broken finger, so who knows what is up with them and how severe that injury was.

Jeschke
03-25-2011, 07:37 AM
I imagine we'll see the Zhangs in competition next season? Then again, I didn't think they'd miss this entire season over a broken finger, so who knows what is up with them and how severe that injury was.[/QUOTE]

i really hope so!
Iīm not angry, I just canīt wait to see them again. They have improved so much since 2006 (I really not liked them back then), but now theyīre a gorgeous couple, hope they can rock again.

reese
03-25-2011, 07:52 AM
I wish the Fed would just let them retire. She in particular has seemed absolutely miserable and disinterested out there the last few years.