PDA

View Full Version : More of Gwyneth Paltrow than You Probably Want to See

Pages : 1 2 [3]

genevieve
12-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Well, yes, but this isn't about what's appropriate in the workplace. In the situation you described it doesn't matter what the age of the person is.

But there's no reason she can't wear that outfit when she's out and about on her own time.

PDilemma
12-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Well, yes, but this isn't about what's appropriate in the workplace. In the situation you described it doesn't matter what the age of the person is.

But there's no reason she can't wear that outfit when she's out and about on her own time.

It's a small town. She should probably save those outfits (and we're talking about the woman's entire wardrobe--not one outfit) for when she's out and about away from home. The whole thing baffles me. If I were a parent looking for a school for my child, this woman's appearance would turn me off. She can hardly sit in her skirts. Her tops are very low cut. And she wobbles around in 6 inch stiletto heels that she clearly does not know how to walk in.

The fact that she has the job is evidence, however, that some Catholic priests are straight and have raging hormones.

MacMadame
12-28-2010, 10:41 PM
I was really shocked at my friend's attitude.

It's actually fairly common. I think it's clear from my sig line that it's not one I subscribe too.

Plus, let's face it, it's fun to bash Gwyneth. :lol:

orbitz
12-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Well I think that's total bullshit. I don't agree with the idea that once you are past a certain age you have to dress more conservatively and/or frumpy.

Who said anything about having to dress "more conservatively and/or frumpy" after a cetain age? There are many ways to dress edgy and hip at any age.

You should dress for what flatters your figure and is appropriate for the occasion and that depends on your figure and the occasion not your age.

Madonna has very taut body and she's in her 50s. You don't think eyebrows will be raised if she shows up at a music award show in an outfit that announces to the entire world that she's going commando? Sure some will go "You Go Girl" but an equal number of people will also say "TMI". It's all a matter of opinion.

orbitz
12-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Plus, let's face it, it's fun to bash Gwyneth. :lol:

There's a difference between bashing someone and making a critique on one's fashion. When one's dressed to be seen then one has to accept any kudos or criticisms for it. Maybe if you can control your grumpiness you realize that the majority of postings on this topic isn't bashing Gwyneth the person.

IceAlisa
12-29-2010, 12:39 AM
I think Gwyneth is generally pretty ridiculous but this dress is hot.

Rex
12-29-2010, 01:14 AM

I am not a fan either, but am :eek: at the amount of online hatred.

aliceanne
12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
I think what is risque about it is the fact that you can tell she isn't wearing any underpants.

When you are that thin you have to show a lot of skin and wear fitted clothes to look sexy. Thats why skating costumes are the way they are!

MacMadame
12-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Me too. On both counts.

I want a dress like that. And a figure to get away with it. :lol:

Madonna has very taut body and she's in her 50s. You don't think eyebrows will be raised if she shows up at a music award show in an outfit that announces to the entire world that she's going commando? Sure some will go "You Go Girl" but an equal number of people will also say "TMI". It's all a matter of opinion.
But what does her AGE have to do with it? If people are uncomfortable with someone wearing an outfit in the TMI category, they are just as uncomfortable if it's a 20-something as a 50-something. Like that dress of J-Lo's that was cut down to her naval that a lot of people snarked on. She wasn't in her 50s.

I really don't care if people hate the dress or not. I just object to the idea that the very same dress is okay when you're one age and not okay when your another.

Schmeck
12-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I think what is risque about it is the fact that you can tell she isn't wearing any underpants.

From the photos of the back of the dress, it looks like it is lined - could have a built in panty that has a cutaway over the open laced hip. The upper section looks lined/formed underneath as well.

Bev Johnston
12-30-2010, 04:10 PM
I think the dress itself is kind of frumpy despite the skin. It reminds me of a beach cover-up robe.

I agree. When you see it from the front or the non-cutout side, it's nothing special. However, I have to admit that she looks great. A guy that I work with was saying that, after seeing her Glee episode, he thinks she is really starting to show her age. I don't agree. Her face looks smooth and she doesn't show any signs of ridiculous plastic surgery. She has a real healthy glow. Good for her.

PeterG
09-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I have to admit that she looks great.

:)