PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Brad Part Deux

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

professordeb
03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
To me, it looked like the majority of the women liked and defended Michelle. Which means she got the "loony bitch" edit. Remember that they film anything and everything that they can, and then they edit days upon days of footage into a two hour episode. They create a character for each person when possible to make the show more "interesting" (as if people as they are wouldn't be interesting enough).

So if Michelle really was THAT much of a bitch, she wouldn't have so many women defending and consoling her. Which means there was a side of Michelle that those women got to see...and we did not.

The other women who were not on Michelle's side in any way were probably pissed off about Michelle's honesty. She called everything exactly as she saw it (no matter how crazy it may have looked to everybody else). Some of the other women were trying to be "nice" and "proper". I think they were not only angry with Michelle's bitchiness, but her openness and lack of inhibition.

I bet those other women either said or thought as bitchy things as Michelle did. They either kept it to themselves, it wasn't caught on camera, or the people behind the show chose not to air their bitchyness so that Michelle's persona remained stronger.

I would agree with all you said. However, I still found it comical that Jeff felt he had to come to the rescue of Michelle when I thought she was more than capable of doing it herself. Has he ever done so for other women who have been called out by their housemates? I ask only because I haven't seen him do so but then again, I've missed many TWTA episodes. I even felt myself going :rolleyes: when Jeff suggested her behavior was a coping mechanism. That may be true but I didn't I wasn't buying it. :rofl:

Catherine M
03-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I would agree with all you said. However, I still found it comical that Jeff felt he had to come to the rescue of Michelle when I thought she was more than capable of doing it herself. Has he ever done so for other women who have been called out by their housemates? I ask only because I haven't seen him do so but then again, I've missed many TWTA episodes. I even felt myself going :rolleyes: when Jeff suggested her behavior was a coping mechanism. That may be true but I didn't I wasn't buying it. :rofl:

Do you mean Chris Harrison?

Chris pretty much likes everyone--well there have been a few over the years that he hasn't but he pretty much likes to help people out when he can.

PeterG
03-09-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm not saying that to some degree Michelle is somewhat delusional and manipulative. She is.

But...when she is sobbing after listening to verbal attacks from three different women, who each take a turn at her, with the three of them taking a second turn at her, then a third turn... It was like a gang fight when the attackers continue to kick the person who is down. They needed to be stopped.

marbri
03-09-2011, 05:55 PM
I noticed most the women who attacked her looked like they'd spent the last few months sucking lemons. Massive amount of bruised ego going around looking for a punching bag. It KILLED them that Brad kept Michelle around over them, it's easier to put all their anger on Michelle instead of realizing that they just weren't all that to him. Then you have Brad come out and defend Michelle and the face on the one in the back row was :rofl:

They look even more foolish for basically fighting over Brad (as if that is some sort of prize :lol:)

Lacey
03-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Why didn't anyone mention having seen the show and having seen that Michelle behind the doors was telling Brad, well, take this one out, this girl is not right for you, send that one away. That was hideous behavior on Michelle's part, and probably why he sent her way finally, but, perhaps can some get away with saying that she only played the game. Did not like her show aggressive personality at all, liked her even less last night with the I left my poor child crying bit.

dbell1
03-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Eh, I've yet to see anyone tell the Bach or the 'ette "Don't pick me as your soulmate/fame ho. This one is so much better for you than I am." :lol: Even the ones who voluntarily walk (like Fang) go "Other girls are a lot more into him than I am."

It also came out after the show that she and Brad had a great talk the night he sent her home, unlike what we saw on tv (where it looked like she wouldn't say anything). My vote is part truth/part editing monkeys for the Michelle we saw.

It's pretty bad when Michelle comes off looking better than the whiners. Gotta guess that was not their intention at all.

reese
03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Does anyone recognize that the producers probably have a say in which girls stay and go? I'm not saying that ultimately Brad doesn't have the final say, especially as the weeks go by and fewer girls remain, but it certainly helps rating for someone like Michelle to stick around well into the season. I'm sure that is taken into consideration by the producers and made clear to Brad.

Rob
03-09-2011, 09:56 PM
The best ever departure was that French guy who did the big monologue about how there was no passion between him and the Bachelorette, Jen Schefft. A total drama audition. It was great.

professordeb
03-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Do you mean Chris Harrison?

Chris pretty much likes everyone--well there have been a few over the years that he hasn't but he pretty much likes to help people out when he can.

Yeah, I meant Chris ... watching too many reality shows over the years ... :shuffle: getting old is getting old.

PeterG
03-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Does anyone recognize that the producers probably have a say in which girls stay and go?

Why, no...that's never crossed any of our minds!

Welcome to our 19th thread discussing this show, by the way. Great first post! :P

reese
03-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Why, no...that's never crossed any of our minds!

Welcome to our 19th thread discussing this show, by the way. Great first post! :P

I've posted in the Bachelor threads before actually, but thanks. :rolleyes: I certainly won't bother to again.

dbell1
03-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Now now, don't make me be Chris Harrison here people. :lol: We can all have opinions.

I'm thinking Michelle might have been a producer's pick, or she was just comedy gold with her talking heads and they asked Brad to keep her on. But, since he cut Onion pizza breath and her death match cohort, he did seem to want the drama gone...

I'm still rooting for Emily to find a nice guy (but just hope it's not Brad). :P

Catherine M
03-11-2011, 12:42 AM
So Vienna & Kasey are officially a "couple".:rolleyes:

My feeling is this hookup is totally a set up to make sure Fleiss casts them in Bachelor Pad 2!!

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/gallery/photos-vienna-girardi-and-kasey-kahl-step-out-as-an-official-couple?utm_campaign=vrl&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twu-bachelorette

very small voice--she does look much better without those terrible hair extensions.

shan
03-11-2011, 12:44 AM
I really do like Emily, she seems very genuine and sweet. (I can't believe I'm saying that about someone on the Bachelor.)

shan
03-11-2011, 12:45 AM
So Vienna & Kasey are officially a "couple".:rolleyes:

My feeling is this hookup is totally a set up to make sure Fleiss casts them in Bachelor Pad 2!!

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/gallery/photos-vienna-girardi-and-kasey-kahl-step-out-as-an-official-couple?utm_campaign=vrl&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twu-bachelorette

very small voice--she does look much better without those terrible hair extensions.

ewww he's got the weird voice and something about her is odd. OTOH, maybe they fit together :scream: