PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Brad Part Deux

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

ks777
03-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Michelle was crying almost the entire time. How boring.
I have a question, why do moms always say " I am a good mom" in this country? I moved here as foreign student when I was 19yo. I lived with a host family.. They family was so messy, never cleaned, never cooked and the parents were never home so I ended up baby sitting the kids. The host mom asked me to help around the house so I did but she was never home and all she can say was that she was a good mom. I was like Huh??? I was spending my own money to buy kids food!!! I ended up cooking, cleaning, doing laudry! I had no time for study so evenually I had to move out.

dbell1
03-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Um, maybe the host family mom wasn't a good mother, but it doesn't mean that all moms who say they're good moms aren't. But, the key to being a 'real' good mom is not having to say it, people say it to you.

That said, I think that the piling on of Michelle was really OTT and that 'bartender' really did call her a bad mother. I get the sarcastic humor. I think she'd fit in nicely in our threads. :lol: And those women complaining - who were they again? :rolleyes: Obviously Michelle's game plan worked and her running commentary was a highlight for me. Oh, and that one going "you said you wanted Chantel to get eaten by monkeys" in that tone of horror like she'd actually meant it? Classic! :rofl: Were the tears real? No clue, but when Brad comes out and defends you to the rejects, you know you've gone over the line.

Bonita - I have to wonder if Shawntel said something they didn't want revealed and they cut her whole part? I'm sure her dad wasn't happy at all with his edit...

Jenny - was it me or did Ashley the Dentist get the "Trista Rehn" makeover? They did everything but put a 'chosen one' spotlight over her freaking head. Talk about beating us up with your next 'America's sweetheart bachelorette' choice.

Jenny
03-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Jenny - was it me or did Ashley the Dentist get the "Trista Rehn" makeover? They did everything but put a 'chosen one' spotlight over her freaking head. Talk about beating us up with your next 'America's sweetheart bachelorette' choice.

Didn't actually watch the show - all my knowledge of this season is based on this thread. :cool:

dbell1
03-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Don't tell me you missed Trista's season? The Queen of Pink? It was awesome. Ryan was my favorite from day one (I think hers too). A hunky firefighter who wrote her love poems. :swoon:

But, I can understand missing this season. Brad's as deep as a puddle in the desert and the soulmates were total batshit. :scream:

But go look up Trista these days and compare her to the makeover. It was a total showcase last night for Princess Ashley. :blah:

Jenny
03-08-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm fairly new to this party - Jillian's season. Watched all of that, barely any of Jake's, most of Ali's, none of this one (couldn't get through more than a few minutes of channel surfing, :lol:). I think I prefer seeing all the men - so many of the women just make me uncomfortable watching them.

LOVED the Bachelor Pad though - everything that's great about Big Brother, with better bodies :grope:

The other one I really enjoyed back in the day was Temptation Island - I'm surprised that didn't last actually. Ooo, and for Love or Money was fun - at least that one put the cards on the table instead of hiding behind all this soulmate nonsense. The one with the cougars vs kittens was fun too. :)

Rafter
03-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I thought Ashley looked like she had cheek implants. Maybe some new teeth too. I didn't think she looked good at all.

dbell1
03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
"Bachelorettes in Alaska"! :watch: Totally awesome cheesefest on Fox. I do miss Temptation Island though. Did you know Mark's now hosting Antiques Roadshow? :rofl:

Wasn't the cougars/kittens one called "Age of Love"? I remember some washed up tennis 'pro' starring.

What was that masked one with Monica Lewinsky? I thought she was freaking awesome in it. Remember an elim when she told some complaining guy 'oh shut up, you were getting dumped already' or some such thing! :kickass:

Rob
03-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I think ABC sent Ashley for a DWTS spray tan - she looked orange.

Rob
03-08-2011, 08:38 PM
I liked For Love or Money - it was really entertaining.

Age of Love was with Mark Phillippousis.

The masked one was hilarious. ETA it was called Mr. Personality. LOL!

Jenny
03-08-2011, 09:02 PM
I think ABC sent Ashley for a DWTS spray tan - she looked orange.

ooo Snooki as the next Bachelorette!!!:rofl:

Lacey
03-08-2011, 11:22 PM
I thought Ashley looked like she had cheek implants. Maybe some new teeth too. I didn't think she looked good at all.

Agree. For a dental student who is supposed to be on her way to getting it right, her teeth were horribly too big and misshapen, and way too white, eek. I wouldn't hire her.

And, yes, her new overall hair color was a Trisha imitation. She was better blonde.

professordeb
03-09-2011, 12:34 AM
I had to laugh when the women who were "picking" on Michelle essentially got told to "play nice" just because Michelle managed to turn on the waterworks. Sorry, I wasn't buying the tears and neither were a couple of other bachelorettes. I just about did a double take because it seemed it was OK for HER claws to come out and to be a bitch whenever she wanted but when Michelle was on the receiving end (like last night) it was more like - come on, give her a break, be nice. I think I would have called her out about her behavior while she was in the house and while on the episode - that is if I were allowed to and if I got shot down like the two who tried, then I'd probably ask why it's OK for some to be snarky but not others. WTH did the men seem to be so protective of Michelle? Does she really come across as someone who needs to be defended? taken care of? etc? I got really, really, REALLY weary of hearing how she came here for all the right reasons, how she really loves her daughter and she was sorry to leave her daughter. Well girlfriend, if you really loved your daughter THAT much and truly wanted to find love and a daddy for her then you shouldn't have gone on a reality show where the odds are stacked against you. Stay the hell at home and look for someone local.

Re: Ashley -- actually I liked her better with the darker hair. It almost lends her an air of being less air-headed.

Rob
03-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Interesting article on last night's Bachelor Pad audition:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20471894,00.html

PeterG
03-09-2011, 06:36 AM
I had to laugh when the women who were "picking" on Michelle essentially got told to "play nice" just because Michelle managed to turn on the waterworks. Sorry, I wasn't buying the tears and neither were a couple of other bachelorettes. I just about did a double take because it seemed it was OK for HER claws to come out and to be a bitch whenever she wanted but when Michelle was on the receiving end (like last night) it was more like - come on, give her a break, be nice. I think I would have called her out about her behavior while she was in the house and while on the episode - that is if I were allowed to and if I got shot down like the two who tried, then I'd probably ask why it's OK for some to be snarky but not others. WTH did the men seem to be so protective of Michelle? Does she really come across as someone who needs to be defended? taken care of? etc? I got really, really, REALLY weary of hearing how she came here for all the right reasons, how she really loves her daughter and she was sorry to leave her daughter. Well girlfriend, if you really loved your daughter THAT much and truly wanted to find love and a daddy for her then you shouldn't have gone on a reality show where the odds are stacked against you. Stay the hell at home and look for someone local.

To me, it looked like the majority of the women liked and defended Michelle. Which means she got the "loony bitch" edit. Remember that they film anything and everything that they can, and then they edit days upon days of footage into a two hour episode. They create a character for each person when possible to make the show more "interesting" (as if people as they are wouldn't be interesting enough).

So if Michelle really was THAT much of a bitch, she wouldn't have so many women defending and consoling her. Which means there was a side of Michelle that those women got to see...and we did not.

The other women who were not on Michelle's side in any way were probably pissed off about Michelle's honesty. She called everything exactly as she saw it (no matter how crazy it may have looked to everybody else). Some of the other women were trying to be "nice" and "proper". I think they were not only angry with Michelle's bitchiness, but her openness and lack of inhibition.

I bet those other women either said or thought as bitchy things as Michelle did. They either kept it to themselves, it wasn't caught on camera, or the people behind the show chose not to air their bitchyness so that Michelle's persona remained stronger.

Jenny
03-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Interesting article on last night's Bachelor Pad audition:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20471894,00.html

Rachel had so many zingers, it felt at times like an audition for season 2 of Bachelor Pad. "I hope they see from tonight that I would be a great candidate for that show," Rachel said. "My doctor would be happy to turn this $11,000 boob job into a $20,000 one after I win."

:rofl: