PDA

View Full Version : Who will medal in the ladies event at the Japanese Nationals?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

wonderlen
12-20-2010, 02:56 PM
love akiko, needs to build herself for next year at the age of 26!!!
ando seems strong in the field
asada probably wont get the favors if she doesnt deliver
murakami might be needed for jr worlds to keep japans spots (not too sure how many spots they have now, can anyone clarify?)

still hoping on yukari nakano to sweep in. loved her skating so much.

Japan has three spots in Jr World as well. Not sure how the current jr girls are doing, but if Kanako desn't make it to senior team they will make her go for jr world for sure. One of the jr girl finished 4th at JGPF, so Im sure she can stay in top 10 and retain at least two spots for next year for sure thou.

judgejudy27
12-20-2010, 02:58 PM
LOL at 3 votes for Suguri.

burntBREAD
12-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Japan has three spots in Jr World as well. Not sure how the current jr girls are doing, but if Kanako desn't make it to senior team they will make her go for jr world for sure. One of the jr girl finished 4th at JGPF, so Im sure she can stay in top 10 and retain at least two spots for next year for sure thou.

IMO, Jr. Worlds will be Imai, Shoji, and Murakami (if she doesn't make the Senior Worlds team)- if Murakami isn't there for Jr. Worlds, I think it'll be whatever junior finishes higher in senior Nationals

EricRohmer
12-24-2010, 05:24 AM
my prediction.

1. Ando
2. Asada
3. Murakami
4. Suzuki

p.s) Maybe the toughest situation for JSF would be when 3.Ando 4.Murakami??

chipso1
12-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Short practice clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSBPHC8uRGc

paskatefan
12-24-2010, 10:49 AM
I hope that Mao does well at Japanese nationals and ultimately makes the team, along with Miki and Akiko. I like Kanako, but she's young and I think will hopefully have many good seasons ahead of her.

Fumie is still my favorite current ladies' skater from Japan (I've got such a soft spot for her ever since she did her "Jupiter" program from "The Planets"), but I have a feeling that her chances of making the team are really slim, considering the tremendous depth of talent (and her results the last few seasons compared to the others).

pinky166
12-24-2010, 05:39 PM
My predictions:

1.) Mao
2.) Miki
3.) Kanako
4.) Akiko
5.) Risa

Loves_Shizuka
12-26-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm not ruling Mao out so easily, just based on her perfomrnaces this year. Yes, they've been disastrous, but last year's GP was awful too; then she totally rocks Nats, Olys (mostly) and Worlds. She's a champion; I refuse to write her off.

:D