PDA

View Full Version : Who will medal in the ladies event at the Japanese Nationals?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

icellist
12-17-2010, 09:09 AM
love akiko, needs to build herself for next year at the age of 26!!!
ando seems strong in the field
asada probably wont get the favors if she doesnt deliver
murakami might be needed for jr worlds to keep japans spots (not too sure how many spots they have now, can anyone clarify?)

still hoping on yukari nakano to sweep in. loved her skating so much.

judgejudy27
12-17-2010, 09:30 AM
It depends on which Suguri and Imai. Clean or meltdown?

Suguri will probably be about 10th. The Japanese federation will put in a strong push to "retire" her at last.

Extranjera
12-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Me, too. I think Kanako is still too childish, but I still like her, though. :D

I also think she's too childish and unnecessary emphasizes it with her dress in SP :rolleyes: But she seems sweet kid, though

miki88
12-17-2010, 02:25 PM
She also think she's too childish and e unnecessary emphasizes it with her dress in SP :rolleyes: But she seems sweet kid, though

I wish she'd change that dress! Kanako is adorable but she is one of those skaters whose personality I enjoy more than their actual skating.

Extranjera
12-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I wish she'd change that dress! Kanako is adorable but she is one of those skaters whose personality I enjoy more than their actual skating.

:lol::lol: I agree

pinky166
12-17-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't know what it is, but something about Shoji reminds me of Kwan. Obviously not the jumps - maybe it's the body type?

Maybe. Risa reminds me a lot of Shizuka. I don't think she's really built like Kwan where she is long legged and a little hippy which Michelle was not, her body type is actually like Shizuka too. I think she does have similar flow across the ice to Kwan though, and the way they go into and out of their jumps is also similar.

briancoogaert
12-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Suzuki, Murakami, Ando.
I doubt Mao will be ready at Japanese Nats. That's really too bad...

olympic
12-17-2010, 05:42 PM
I see that JPN Nats is 12/23 - 12/26. Is this enough time for Mao to recover from the GP series? She turned it around last year, but I don't think she was trying to relearn technique like this year

Nobuo Sato was quoted at TEB saying that 'she just needs more time'

NMURA
12-17-2010, 08:25 PM
It all depends on how seriously Mao wants to go to worlds. One thing sure is that she used JO and GPS just as open jumping practice sessions for self-satisfaction. Those were total disgraces. How long she wants to continue such foolishness? Maybe she honestly wants to pass up worlds. The only concern is withdrawal of sponsors and endorsements. Missing worlds means serious financial consequences for Asada family. They cannot go back to "normal" standards of living. I suspect Mao is having strong pressures from her parents.

ks777
12-17-2010, 10:09 PM
It all depends on how seriously Mao wants to go to worlds. One thing sure is that she used JO and GPS just as open jumping practice sessions for self-satisfaction. Those were total disgraces. How long she wants to continue such foolishness? Maybe she honestly wants to pass up worlds. The only concern is withdrawal of sponsors and endorsements. Missing worlds means serious financial consequences for Asada family. They cannot go back to "normal" standards of living. I suspect Mao is having strong pressures from her parents.

Huh? Self-Satisfaction?? or maybe she realized, in order to win the next Olympics, she would need better jumping techniques and all sets of triple jumps?

Her family is already rich, I don't think they need to worry about money. Not like they are buying a new house every few months. I am sure they still live in the same house before she became famous. Do you ever see Mao wearing expensive clothes or jewelry?

jjane45
12-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Regardless of the results, I hope Mao stays mentally strong and injury-free. Go Mao!

Loves_Shizuka
12-18-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm not ruling Mao out so easily, just based on her perfomrnaces this year. Yes, they've been disastrous, but last year's GP was awful too; then she totally rocks Nats, Olys (mostly) and Worlds. She's a champion; I refuse to write her off.

pinky166
12-18-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm not ruling Mao out so easily, just based on her perfomrnaces this year. Yes, they've been disastrous, but last year's GP was awful too; then she totally rocks Nats, Olys (mostly) and Worlds. She's a champion; I refuse to write her off.

Her GP wasn't awful last season though. I mean she came in 2nd at TEB and scored over 117 for the FS - that's not awful, that's pretty good for the beginning of the season. And at COR her SP score was only so low because they did that stupid thing with not counting her 2a. Her GP season last season was disappointing, but this season it was much more disappointing.

briancoogaert
12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Well, I won't write her off, but this year's GP was more of a disaster than last year's. And really, it seems it's not just a question of confidence, I'm afraid. :confused:

Amy03
12-20-2010, 01:09 AM
i think the team will be asada, ando, and the third spot will be between akiko and murakami. mao has won 4 straight nationals, and I can't imagien her now when it's most important finish off the podium...