PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Veronika
12-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Carry on... :saint:

oleada
12-15-2010, 03:14 PM
'cuz we don't like you either! ;)

my little pony
12-15-2010, 03:44 PM
love the title though i dont feel so pretty from this burn from "hope in a jar"

Stormy
12-15-2010, 09:34 PM
love the title though i dont feel so pretty from this burn from "hope in a jar"

Ugh I hate Hope in a Jar, the smell is nasty!

Anita18
12-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Ugh I hate Hope in a Jar, the smell is nasty!
I thought I was the only one who thought it smelled weird! Everyone I know raves about Philosophy. My sister uses their cleanser and it's the only thing that doesn't strip her skin now that she's on Accutane.

my little pony
12-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Coty just bought Philosophy

Cyn
12-16-2010, 02:07 AM
I found an interesting article on skin creams and their effectiveness on WebMD that details the chemicals in several of them and how they work:

Hope In A Jar: Do Skin Creams Work? (http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/guide/hope-in-jar-do-skin-creams-work)

I've never tried HIAJ as Lancome's anti-aging serums and moisturizers (Génifique and High Resolution 3X) work really well with my skin type, but the article was quite informative.

I've also come up with a skincare regimen for cleansing and exfoliating that seems to work really well (and isn't overly expensive) before applying serums and moisturizers:

1. I use my regular cleanser (Skin Genesis by L'Oreal - $5.99 USD)

2. Every other night, I use the Neutrogena Wave (the vibrating thing with disposable pads - $9.99; CVS has their own brand which costs a bit less) as an exfoliator. I rinse the pad of the Neutrogena cleanser, and apply a nickel-sized dollop of Clinique's 7-day facial scrub ($18.00 for 3.4 ounces, which lasts about 3 months) and use that on my face and neck, then rinse with warm water.

3. Using a cotton ball, I apply a coat of Derma36's Glycolic Acid Skin Resurfacing Solution ($15.00 for 4 ounces) on my face and neck and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.

From then, I do the rest of my usual nighttime routine (toner, Génifique, eye and facial serums, and eye and facial moisturizers).

After two weeks, the difference was really noticeable - my skin has a healthier glow, and the addition of the glycolic acid used in conjunction with the Génifique and the serums boosted the reduction of fine lines around my eyes and forehead. I've also noticed that my pores are a LOT smaller than they used to be.

I can't remember where I read it, but there was an article about a lot of the new anti-aging products that have come on the market in the past year or so, and Olay's Pro-X (not to be confused with their Regenerist line) is getting rave reviews. The way it works is similar to that of Lancome's Génifique product line, and while the Olay Pro-X is pricier than a lot of non-department store skincare lines, it's definitely less expensive than Lancome, Lauder, Clinique, etc. I think you can also get a coupon at Olay's website for several dollars off on the Pro-X products, which definitely helps. The starter kit (containing a smaller amount of each of the products in that line) for the Olay Pro-X is around $60.00, but I have no idea how much the regular size of each of those cost.

For mascara lovers, Lancome's new mascara, Hypnose Drama, is A-MA-ZING. Their most recent gift with purchase contained a larger than normal sample tube of it, and I absolutely LOVE it :swoon:

my little pony
12-16-2010, 02:11 AM
where does this derma36 stuff come from?

Cyn
12-16-2010, 02:28 AM
where does this derma36 stuff come from?

I found it at CVS, though I'm sure several stores carry it. I thought the brand name of it was Derma 36, but it's part of C. Booth's product line.

If you can't find it at CVS, Ulta, etc., it's available at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Booth-derma-Glycolic-Resurfacing-Solution/dp/B003AJB47G)

Hope that helps :)

ETA: I found C. Booth's product line on Amazon here. (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_beauty?_encoding=UTF8&node=3760911&field-brandtextbin=C.%20Booth)

IceAlisa
12-16-2010, 02:33 AM
I am intrigued by this derma36 thing.

Andrushka
12-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Cyn,will have to check into that Lacome mascara,I am a mascara lover.I usually use Maybeline.I love Almay eyeliner too.

Cyn
12-16-2010, 02:48 AM
I am intrigued by this derma36 thing.

I stumbled on it by accident while looking for a glycolic acid peel one of my friends uses. I never found that, but I saw the Derma36 and decided to give it a try. It turned out to be a great find, and one I highly recommend.

If you have really sensitive skin, it can burn if it's left on too long or used too often, but so far I haven't had any problems with it.

Right now I'm on the hunt for a good home micro-dermabrasion kit as there's no way I can afford to have it done at a spa. Lancome has a home set, but it's almost $100, and I already spend too much money on Lancome products :rofl: . The thing I'm doing with the WAVE and the Clinique exfoliator works great for the "first step," but I need to find a good Vitamin C serum to apply afterwards.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for something like that that won't break the bank?

IceAlisa
12-16-2010, 02:52 AM
I stumbled on it by accident while looking for a glycolic acid peel one of my friends uses. I never found that, but I saw the Derma36 and decided to give it a try. It turned out to be a great find, and one I highly recommend.

If you have really sensitive skin, it can burn if it's left on too long or used too often, but so far I haven't had any problems with it.

Nah, I have the skin of a hippo. Will ask around about the micro-dermabrasion kit.

This is the info found on the Internets: http://www.skinabrasion.net/home-kit.html

Cyn
12-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Nah, I have the skin of a hippo. Will ask around about the micro-dermabrasion kit.

This is the info found on the Internets: http://www.skinabrasion.net/home-kit.html

Thanks for the link :) Am going to do more detailed research on the products listed in it and see if I can find one that works.

kimkom
12-16-2010, 03:11 AM
For mascara lovers, Lancome's new mascara, Hypnose Drama, is A-MA-ZING. Their most recent gift with purchase contained a larger than normal sample tube of it, and I absolutely LOVE it :swoon:

I got it with my last Lancome purchase too, and I love it! Speaking of Lancome products, thanks for raving about them, Cyn, the Genefique and mosturizers are fantastic, and my skin is :swoon: