PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

beepbeep
01-16-2011, 11:42 PM
I had something similar when I used Garnier's shampoo/conditioner, myt hair got glued to my head. I went right back into Pantene (for normal to dry hair), and it got better as it went along.

Perhaps you should go to a professional hair dresser and see what he/she says.

Andora
01-17-2011, 04:37 AM
I echo the seeing a hair dresser about it, if not a dermatologist.

The suggestion of baking soda sounds solid, too. I know someone who gave up shampoo entirely for it, and her hair looks fantastic. I don't think it's for all hair types, but it helped hers out, which was only oily side if I remember correctly.

Norlite
01-17-2011, 12:43 PM
For any of you who watched the GG's last night and wanted to know who was wearing what (glamourpuss-wise ;) ) Christine at temptalia has a blog post on makeup and hair on a lot of the major players here (http://www.temptalia.com/category/features/backstage-beauty).

my little pony
01-17-2011, 09:26 PM
the derma 36 stuff Cyn recommended a while back is on sale at Rite Aid, all of their line is buy one get the second 50% off

Ania
01-18-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm hitting up this thread for advice, would be grateful if anyone has any!
I've been fortunate to have good skin up until know, though on the dry side. However, after a recent miscarriage my skin went completely berserk all over my body. The worst area is my chest & upper back - it looks OK-ish but feels as if it's covered in sand. I plan to call a dermatologist tomorrow (although the website says that average wait for new patients is 40 days) and I'll see my GYN on Friday. In the meantime - does anyone have advice?
Google search only returned that skin problems are common after a miscarriage, but no solutions. I'm tired of feeling itchy and sandy; exfoliating only made matters worse and moisturizing seems to do squat. :-(

mila19
01-18-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm hitting up this thread for advice, would be grateful if anyone has any!
I've been fortunate to have good skin up until know, though on the dry side. However, after a recent miscarriage my skin went completely berserk all over my body. The worst area is my chest & upper back - it looks OK-ish but feels as if it's covered in sand. I plan to call a dermatologist tomorrow (although the website says that average wait for new patients is 40 days) and I'll see my GYN on Friday. In the meantime - does anyone have advice?
Google search only returned that skin problems are common after a miscarriage, but no solutions. I'm tired of feeling itchy and sandy; exfoliating only made matters worse and moisturizing seems to do squat. :-(

Sorry to hear that Ania. Did you try almond oil? It's super good to improve the elasticity of the skin.

Ania
01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Sorry to hear that Ania. Did you try almond oil? It's super good to improve the elasticity of the skin.

Thank you, Mila. I have not tried almond oil - do you get it at a pharmacy or someplace else? My dermatologist appointment is in March :yikes:
Will try almond oil, I guess it can't hurt (given that my skin is generally dry), right?

Anita18
01-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Thank you, Mila. I have not tried almond oil - do you get it at a pharmacy or someplace else? My dermatologist appointment is in March :yikes:
Will try almond oil, I guess it can't hurt (given that my skin is generally dry), right?
You can get it at any health food store, like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.

And yeah, almond oil should be fine. I actually use jojoba oil to cleanse my face, and I have oily skin to boot! :lol:

Satellitegirl
01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Thought I'd pop in and say how much I love The Body Shop's rain forest moisturizing shampoo. The conditioner is fine, although if I want really silky hair I use another conditioner. But I love the shampoo...it smells great and it doesn't have any sulfates, parabens, etc in it.

mila19
01-18-2011, 09:57 PM

I buy mine in pharmacy and I live in Europe :) If you are in the US then probably Anita18 has pointed out the right places.
Almond oil is used to avoid stretchmarks when at the stage where they can be still be treated and it's natural and not expensive. I'm guessing some Vitamin E integrators could help since Vitamin E again plays a key role to the elasticity of the skin. Keep drinking water so to improve hydration and maybe avoid scrubbing for some time.

I've used Eight Hour (http://www.eighthourcream.co.uk/) cream from Elizabeth Arden from more than a year now and I love it. They do it in different formats and for different purposes but anytime I risk getting flaky skin because of rubbing it with tissues when I get cold it's the only thing that avoids it gets flaky and itchy. I've read they use it also over minor burns.

Norlite
01-18-2011, 11:43 PM
I've used Eight Hour (http://www.eighthourcream.co.uk/) cream from Elizabeth Arden from more than a year now and I love it. They do it in different formats and for different purposes but anytime I risk getting flaky skin because of rubbing it with tissues when I get cold it's the only thing that avoids it gets flaky and itchy. I've read they use it also over minor burns.

Great for your lips and cuticles too!

beepbeep
01-19-2011, 12:05 AM
I'm a red head again. :)

And I also got one of those "treatments" that makes the hair smoother and straighter. (non-formaldehyde, sp?)

Now comes the wait to see if my hair won't throw itself from my head.

Ania
I second the almond oil suggestion, I would also suggest some lotion with urea in it, it works wonders with really dry skin.

Your body just went through a hormonal roller-coaster, I think part of it will be give your body time to come back from it. You should tottaly see your GYN.

Stay strong dear.

Stefanie
01-25-2011, 03:41 PM
I just received an e-mail from Sephora announcing that the Hello Kitty cosmetic line is now available! :cheer2:

IceAlisa
01-26-2011, 05:04 AM
I was unsure where to post this, here or on the reading thread, but since this is a collection of perfume reviews, I thought it's better suited for this thread.

I bought Luca Turin's Perfumes, the A to Z guide. I have to say that I am largely in agreement with his reviews of the perfumes I do know (he reviewed a multitude of scents I've never heard of/seen at perfume counters in the US). He rates my beloved Lolita Lempicka as a masterpiece, likes Gucci Envy and Hanae Mori Butterfly but hates Flowerbomb (the only disagreement so far).

He rips Jo Malone a new one, with one exception of Lime, Basil and Mandarin, despises Vera Wang's Princess. My kinda guy.

If you are at all interested in perfume, snark and a wordly view of things, it's a good reference book to have.

Veronika
01-26-2011, 02:29 PM
All I know is that I can barely stand Chanel No. 5, and I have two bottles of it. :( It smells too old lady for me.