PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

vesperholly
01-09-2011, 08:16 AM
I have been trying to find a 1.7 ounce bottle of Estee Lauder's White Linen Fresh Breeze at a Macy's as I have a gift card from there. Apparently it's so scarce, my search is turning into the quest for the Holy Grail :wall:.

I googled and I can't find that name - is it Light Breeze?

Cyn
01-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I googled and I can't find that name - is it Light Breeze?

:duh: eys,

It's called Pure White Linen Light Breeze (http://www.esteelauder.com/products/610/Product-Catalog/Fragrance/For-Women/Pure-White-Linen-Light-Breeze/index.tmpl)

The box (and the fragrance itself) is light green, and the bottle is frosted glass. I had several VOCs (vial-on-cards) of it and fell in lurve, but lately the only size that seems to be available is the 3.4 ounce, which is too large, both in quantity and for my budget :o .

I like the idea of the 1 ounce bottle, but it's $45.00, and the 1.7 ounce is only ten dollars more.

The Light Breeze has a wonderfully clean, herbal scent that's IMO very different from the original White Linen, which I used to wear all the time.

skatemommy
01-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I have been trying to find a 1.7 ounce bottle of Estee Lauder's White Linen Fresh Breeze at a Macy's as I have a gift card from there. Apparently it's so scarce, my search is turning into the quest for the Holy Grail :wall: .

I'm also almost out of my Modèle Collagen Lip Treatment :drama: :wuzrobbed: . I can't find it anywhere in the US, and I can't afford the cost of it ($30 per tube) plus shipping :wall: .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Modele-Collagen-Lip-Treatment-/110633210271?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item19c240d19f

24.99 w/free shipping...

skategal
01-09-2011, 04:59 PM
:lol: A lot of people think I am Hispanic and I am not, the opposite situation.

Same with my DH. When we travel in the South US or Europe people speak to him in Spanish.

He's actually of Irish descent so it is quite funny.

IceAlisa
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Yup, people very often assume I am South American, unless they assume I am Italian. A sweet old man in Sicily once tried very earnestly to convince me I am Sicilian. :)

And when I walk around our mostly Hispanic Mission district, people address me in Spanish and I just smile and say "no habla español". I really need to learn Spanish.

vesperholly
01-10-2011, 05:38 AM
:duh: eys,

It's called Pure White Linen Light Breeze (http://www.esteelauder.com/products/610/Product-Catalog/Fragrance/For-Women/Pure-White-Linen-Light-Breeze/index.tmpl)

The box (and the fragrance itself) is light green, and the bottle is frosted glass. I had several VOCs (vial-on-cards) of it and fell in lurve, but lately the only size that seems to be available is the 3.4 ounce, which is too large, both in quantity and for my budget :o .

I like the idea of the 1 ounce bottle, but it's $45.00, and the 1.7 ounce is only ten dollars more.

Here it is on the Macy's website (http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=295824&CategoryID=34811#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D3), and they have a little button for Find In Store! :cheer2:

Cyn
01-10-2011, 06:10 AM
Here it is on the Macy's website (http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=295824&CategoryID=34811#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D3), and they have a little button for Find In Store! :cheer2:

Thanks for the link :) . I used the "find in store" button, and unfortunately, the closest Macy's to where I live is "out of stock" (though they have the 3.4 ounce bottle) :wall: . I'll have to travel about 40 miles to get to the closest one that has it available.

Of course, since we're going to be socked in with snow and ice for the next few days, all that could change by the time I can get in the car and drive anywhere :lol: .

vesperholly
01-10-2011, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the link :) . I used the "find in store" button, and unfortunately, the closest Macy's to where I live is "out of stock" (though they have the 3.4 ounce bottle) :wall: . I'll have to travel about 40 miles to get to the closest one that has it available.

Can you use the giftcard on the website?

There's a store really close to me that has it in stock, I would ship it to you if you want. PM me if you want to make arrangements :)

Anita18
01-16-2011, 01:59 AM
I think there was a hair thread but I can't find it. :o

Help I have a hair emergency! :eek: No matter what I use or how much I rinse out my hair, it feels like I'm not getting out all of the soap/oil. It's driving me NUTS because it looks like I haven't washed my hair in weeks. My scalp feels fine, I usually have itchiness or dandruff after a few days but I haven't had any of that. It just looks really greasy.

I just washed my hair this morning (with Dawn, jojoba oil treatment on my scalp just in case my scalp went wonky, another round of Dawn to get rid of the excess jojoba oil :lol: and then a final rinse with apple cider vinegar in water) and let it air dry, and it still looks like a big greaseball. :wall: I guess the next thing to try is buying that $$$ Neutrogena clarifying shampoo, but I already have enough shampoo bottles lying around! Plus I really thought the apple cider vinegar rinse is supposed to do the same thing.

I never use styling product in my hair, I've always washed my hair every other day and I've already switched shampoos multiple times. (Yes, I even tried EverStrong and that did nothing.) This happened to me once before and after using a lemon juice rinse, it went away and I didn't have to use a special rinse again. I didn't have any lemons lying around but had figured the apple cider vinegar would do the same thing...

The only other explanation I can think of is that my hormones are really out of whack. Earlier this week I was flattened by terrible menstrual cramps and my hair hasn't been the same since. Does that sound reasonable to anybody? In that case I guess my only choice is to wait it out and get a stylish hat in the meantime. :o

Ugh I might take another shower tonight to get this grease out. This time I'll try my bf's castille soap. This is getting ridiculous.

ice dance
01-16-2011, 02:41 AM
If you want to clarify your hair, baking soda is very effective. Dissolve 2 tbs baking soda in 2 cups warm water. Pour over wet hair, and rub like you are shampooing. Rinse well with water. Then use either a vinegar (if you have dark hair) or lemon juice (if you have light hair). Vinegar rinse: 2 tsp vinegar in 2 cups water. Lemon rinse: juice of one lemon in 2 cups water. Rinse well with water again, and shampoo as normal.

my little pony
01-16-2011, 03:33 PM
i think dishwashing liquid is overly drying for hair, which may cause it to produce even more oil

Anita18
01-16-2011, 06:09 PM
i think dishwashing liquid is overly drying for hair, which may cause it to produce even ore oil
Yeah but my hair usually gets oily a day after I wash it, while right now it doesn't seem to ever get clean. It feels oily as it's drying!

Tried the Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo last night and it helped a bit, but only on some parts of my scalp. I still look homeless. :o At this point I think I'm going to give it a rest and use some of the dry shampoo I have hanging around so it doesn't look so bad. And start knitting a beret, stat!

Last night while struggling with my hair, it did occur to me to just shave it all off. :shuffle: Usually my thick straight hair is a source of pride, but at least I wouldn't have to worry about looking disgusting! (I really do look like I haven't washed it in weeks.) This morning that seemed like an overreaction, but I still might consider it if this goes on for another week or two. :P

my little pony
01-16-2011, 06:21 PM
maybe you should see a doctor if you think it could be hormonal

vesperholly
01-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Agreed, such a radical change in scalp health would make me curious. It could be a very simple fix.

Has your face gotten oilier lately?

Anita18
01-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Agreed, such a radical change in scalp health would make me curious. It could be a very simple fix.

Has your face gotten oilier lately?

Not really, which is definitely odd.