PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67

vesperholly
09-20-2011, 08:05 PM
And the question of the week is: why doesn't Orgasm work for me?

(Only the blush, no problem elsewhere, yeah, TMI.)

I have golden skin that fades to sorta yellow in the winter, and I have yet to find a blush that looks natural. Orgasm is supposed to work for everyone and is too purple for me. Corals don't work either. :(

Have you tried a straight-up orange shade? MAC has a good range. What about NARS Gina?

http://karlasugar.net/2009/01/nars-blush-recap/

Scintillation
09-20-2011, 09:07 PM
And the question of the week is: why doesn't Orgasm work for me?

(Only the blush, no problem elsewhere, yeah, TMI.)

I have golden skin that fades to sorta yellow in the winter, and I have yet to find a blush that looks natural. Orgasm is supposed to work for everyone and is too purple for me. Corals don't work either. :(

Have you tried a light bronzer?

PRlady
09-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Have you tried a light bronzer?

I have and all it does is make me look like I have copper spots. :shuffle:

I've tried a Nars and a Clinique and a few others and either they don't do anything because they match my skin tone too well or they "look" like blush. It's sort of a holy grail for me. I have green eyes and medium-brown hair, a typical autumn, and one of the things that is actually good about aging is that my cheekbones are more prominent now. I just don't have anything to put on them!

And I have combination skin. The mattefier hasn't been made that will keep my nose unshiny for longer than a couple of hours, but the rest of my face is pretty normal, slightly dry in winter.

Veronika
09-20-2011, 09:40 PM
PRLady, have you tried a new blush brush? That might help the blush look less obvious--I have a couple from ELF that I really like. Also--have you tried applying bronzer with a fluffy powder brush? That might help. I'm trying to get the whole bronzer thing down myself.

I've gotten much more into blush the last few years, I didn't even wear it consistently until I was about 26 or 27. I guess that's what happens when the bloom of youth falls off. ;)

PRlady
09-20-2011, 09:45 PM
PRLady, have you tried a new blush brush? That might help the blush look less obvious--I have a couple from ELF that I really like. Also--have you tried applying bronzer with a fluffy powder brush? That might help. I'm trying to get the whole bronzer thing down myself.

I've gotten much more into blush the last few years, I didn't even wear it consistently until I was about 26 or 27. I guess that's what happens when the bloom of youth falls off. ;)

:P My bloom of youth is dried flowers. I have a good brush, actually. And the blush problem is a result of subtle skin changes in middle age, I think, I used to be able to wear generic peach-colors from the drugstore brands.

Thanks to Lancome (bows to Gentrifique and the freebee creams I get when I buy it) and juvederm and just good genetics, my skin is in reasonably good shape. I don't Botox and am not very wrinkled. But the Holy Grail of Blushdom still eludes me....

But I think I'll try some Nars again. Oasis looks like a possibility, so does Gilda and Guila de Nuit.

Veronika
09-20-2011, 09:55 PM
I'll update you guys once I get NARS Oasis and try it out. :)

I'm growing out of my train case (makeup storage). :lol: I think that I need to redo my storage, but that would be almost like admitting that I have a problem!

IceAlisa
09-21-2011, 12:18 AM
I have an olive complexion and am happily using the Ulta Blush called Afterglow. Here are the makeupalley reviews for it: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?itemid=107013

FWIW, I used to have the NARS Orgasm and it wasn't all that, prefer the Ulta one. Le shrug.

I recommend that you set aside some time, PRLady and pay a visit to a local Sephora or Ulta and just play with the blushes.

Hopefully, you will come across a knowledgeable salesperson who will be able to assist.

topaz
09-21-2011, 03:37 AM
I absolutely love Nars blushes. I have 5 ... yes 5 blushes for different looks. I'm AA and I think Nars has the best line of blushes for WOC.

I recently purchased some Bobbi Brown gel liners in Black Plum Pearl and Ivy Shimmer.

I want to purchase Bare Escentuals lip color. I tried them at Ulta and they were fabulous. I didn't need to use a lip liner because of the brush shape of the gloss.

I'm trying to decide if I want to purchases Urban Decay's Book of Shadows IV. I bought the 15th anniversary eye shadow palette this summer and it is one of the best palettes they have made. I am an eyeshadow and mascara junkie.

PRlady... try on Nars Dolce Vita blush. Its a dusty rose. Also try Douceur.

Andora
09-21-2011, 04:43 AM
I recently purchased some Bobbi Brown gel liners in Black Plum Pearl and Ivy Shimmer.

I'm dying to hear how you like these. I've often thought of getting one, but I have to finish my Buxom Lash first.

oleada
09-21-2011, 04:58 AM
PRLady, I am olive skinned as well, and while Nars looks fine, it's really nothing special. I have a Bobbi Brown blush that I really like.

Can anyone recommend some good lipstick/lip tint that won't rub off?

Andora
09-21-2011, 06:56 AM
PRLady, I am olive skinned as well, and while Nars looks fine, it's really nothing special. I have a Bobbi Brown blush that I really like.

Can anyone recommend some good lipstick/lip tint that won't rub off?

Stila's Coconut Crush. I have a sample and it's shockingly nice. The other tints are probably fantastic as well.

Lorac's sheer tint goes a number of rounds and doubles as cheek colour, too.

vesperholly
09-21-2011, 10:35 AM
I absolutely love Nars blushes. I have 5 ... yes 5 blushes for different looks. I'm AA and I think Nars has the best line of blushes for WOC.

Have you tried Exhibit A? I've heard it's to die for on WOC.

IceAlisa
09-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Maybelline, get a clue. This doesn't even work as an editorial shot: http://www.sirearevalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/maybelline_eyeshadow.PNG

PDilemma
09-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Meybelline, get a clue. This doesn't even work as an editorial shot: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-w6Kd7J29oRM/TiHbARNlagI/AAAAAAAABJA/pWv1-q6ryPI/s640/maybelline-color-explosion-eyeshadow.jpg

I'm sure there are a few hundred high school girls wearing it like that as we post, though. :eek:

PRlady
09-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Meybelline, get a clue. This doesn't even work as an editorial shot: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-w6Kd7J29oRM/TiHbARNlagI/AAAAAAAABJA/pWv1-q6ryPI/s640/maybelline-color-explosion-eyeshadow.jpg

You mean you wouldn't go out with your green eyelids shining halucinagenically from three blocks away?