PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67

Scintillation
09-16-2011, 12:32 AM
I've never had good luck with eyeliners either. I've just come to the conclusion that whenever I wear eyeliner, it looks completely overdone. I just stick to eyeshadow and mascara.
As for a primer, I use Aveda's color transformer. It's a little pricier at $25, but it keeps the eyeshadow on all day plus it takes FOREVER to use an entire bottle. I've had mine for over a year and it's still pretty full. It can also be used to create liquid eyeliner--I just don't bother with that.

oleada
09-17-2011, 01:58 AM
my face eats makeup, especially eye liner

my first ever holy grail eye liner is the perfetto by tokidoki at sephora. it is like a thin magic marker. it was still on at the end of the day and it was still in a distinguishable line not some grimey smudge.

Good to know. My eyeliner is usually a mess by the end of the day. Which sucks because I love eyeliner. :shuffle:

I give up on trying to curl the ends of my hair. I've watched every YT video, and my hair just refuses to cooperate. :mad:

PrincessLeppard
09-17-2011, 02:59 AM
I have ridiculously oily skin. The longest any "all day" mattifying product has worked is like 90 minutes. Does anyone have any recommendations? If it works, price doesn't matter...

my little pony
09-17-2011, 03:07 AM
I have ridiculously oily skin. The longest any "all day" mattifying product has worked is like 90 minutes. Does anyone have any recommendations? If it works, price doesn't matter...

my salon started selling custom blended foundation

for oily skin, they add some purple foundation. my custom blend was overwhelmingly purple. it is the first time my foundation hasnt turned orange and my blush stays on. i'm sorry, i know that isnt much to go on but i'm sure other salons do custom blend foundation.

PrincessLeppard
09-17-2011, 03:31 AM
Do the custom blended products have a trade name I could google?

my little pony
09-17-2011, 03:36 AM
the packaging has the salon name stamped all over it. i asked when i first got it and i got blank stares. they have a new retail mgr that works every other saturday, i will ask him next time i see him. they like to pretend they make everything in the basement. they dont even have a basement.

*Jen*
09-17-2011, 07:46 PM
I have a question for you lovely, knowledgeable make-up buffs. I'm having trouble with my concealer.

For various reasons, I have dark circles under my eyes most of the time. I went to MAC and they gave me a great concealer...but I am convinced it's too dark for under my eyes. It seems to dry darker than when it first goes on and to me, it's really obvious.

I went back to the shop and had a bit of an argument with them about it, and ended up with the shade lighter. It's easier to blend, but seems a bit too light. So I kept the darker and the lighter one and have been experimenting...but neither seems right and there is no shade between them.:drama:

Is there any trick for hiding dark circles that I should know of?!

vesperholly
09-17-2011, 07:54 PM
I have a question for you lovely, knowledgeable make-up buffs. I'm having trouble with my concealer.

For various reasons, I have dark circles under my eyes most of the time. I went to MAC and they gave me a great concealer...but I am convinced it's too dark for under my eyes. It seems to dry darker than when it first goes on and to me, it's really obvious.

I went back to the shop and had a bit of an argument with them about it, and ended up with the shade lighter. It's easier to blend, but seems a bit too light. So I kept the darker and the lighter one and have been experimenting...but neither seems right and there is no shade between them.:drama:

Is there any trick for hiding dark circles that I should know of?!

MAC concealers are great, but for really covering dark circles, you need a color correction. Peach or yellow ones are usually the best, depending on your skintone.

I use Bobbi Brown corrector in Bisque (I'm about a MAC NW20 but more neutral, not yellow enough for their NC) and it's fantastic. It actually looks way too peachy and dark, but blended in, perfection (http://img.makeupalley.com/6/9/3/6/1849632.JPG). I got a sample of BM Well Rested to set it, since it is quite creamy. Go to Sephora or a BB counter and try out a bunch of colors - blend in with your finger, because an applicator won't melt it into your skin.

IceAlisa
09-17-2011, 08:29 PM
The Coloscience Corrector Kit (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?pq=colorescience+concealer&hl=en&sugexp=gsis,i18n%3Dtrue&cp=20&gs_id=f&xhr=t&q=colorescience+corrector+kit&qe=Y29sb3Jlc2NpZW5jZSBjb3JyZWM&qesig=2OH_zQTMT9FYlSl1gUCJFw&pkc=AFgZ2tnPep9I97Vcsg17dDtba088Q1ubXLs6H0PeL13USS 7KO3CuDnFDLcWacyXddbXnSsgtlvcHX5VS-UZjdqy1q7Z6gU9zBQ&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.&biw=1280&bih=899&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15125771217963217905&sa=X&ei=RfR0TqLfCKrkiAKdneCzAg&sqi=2&ved=0CIoBEPMCMAA) is the last concealer you'll ever buy for under eye circles or anything else. Besides my very considerable under eye circles, it covers redness, hyperpigmentation, you name it.

I've looked for a perfect under eye concealer my whole adult life and this is it. You can custom blend using a sponge (don't use the little brushes that come with the kit, they are crap) and every color tells you what exactly it conceals. It's Da Bomb! :respec:

*Jen*
09-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Great! Thanks ladies. Vesperholly, I have NW20. The ladies at MAC INSIST I'm NW20 and they knew that I wanted it for dark circles :rolleyes: It's great for blemishes elsewhere though, and the NW15 seems to do enough to cover the circles without looking orange.

IceAlisa, I'll check the other one out too, thanks!

Sadly, I'm not in the US so not able to go to Sephora OR a BB counter...but a friend of mine is there for the next 10 days so I'll see if I can get her to get me some stuff :)

ETA: There IS a BB counter not too far from me. I might go and have a little try tomorrow :) I'm annoyed because I've spent money on MAC, but it does work for other blemishes so it'll be used eventually.

allezfred
09-17-2011, 10:00 PM
The F Factor (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2011/0917/1224304056615.html)

This may be the only time I'm gutted I don't wear makeup. Tom Ford. :swoon:

*Jen*
09-17-2011, 10:26 PM
By the way, are there any naturally mid to dark blondes here who have gone darker? I really want a change and am thinking of going this colour (http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1AVSX_enBE397GB416&q=rich+honey+casting+creme+gloss&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=699) for winter. I just have a feeling that it'll turn out much darker than I expect and I don't know if I'm brave enough to try it, even on a semi-permanent basis.

vesperholly
09-18-2011, 01:38 AM
I'm annoyed because I've spent money on MAC, but it does work for other blemishes so it'll be used eventually.

Yeah, I have Mac studio finish concealer and it's great for acne spots and scars.

kimkom
09-18-2011, 03:41 AM
By the way, are there any naturally mid to dark blondes here who have gone darker? I really want a change and am thinking of going this colour (http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1AVSX_enBE397GB416&q=rich+honey+casting+creme+gloss&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=699) for winter. I just have a feeling that it'll turn out much darker than I expect and I don't know if I'm brave enough to try it, even on a semi-permanent basis.

I get darker lowlights instead of a full darker colour. I really love it because my blue eyes are more noticeable when my hair is a bit darker. My problem is not that it's too dark, but that it lightens to a much blonder shade in a few weeks.

*Jen*
09-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I get darker lowlights instead of a full darker colour. I really love it because my blue eyes are more noticeable when my hair is a bit darker. My problem is not that it's too dark, but that it lightens to a much blonder shade in a few weeks.

I have that EXACT same problem too, Kim! I got my hair darkened when I was in the US earlier this year. It was supposed to be permanent and it looked really good. It didn't last :drama:

I've decided that I'm going to go for the lighter shade for now, and then darker when that washes out (it should coincide with the weather turning cold). My mother won't be impressed (she apparently likes really bad blonde highlights) but it'll be a nice surprise for her ;)