PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67

Veronika
09-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Why not dye your hair? The only reason not to is the amount of upkeep. Once you start dyeing it, you'll have to keep doing so to cover up the grays.

I've got grays (found my first few at about age 27), but the dye never seems to cover them. I have a 2-week grace period after I dye my hair, and then it washes out. However, I dye my hair champagne blonde, so the grays are not super obvious.

PDilemma
09-13-2011, 04:01 PM
My natural hair color, once upon a time, was a light brown/dark blond--lots of natural goldish shade in it. By my late 20s it was fading into mousiness. I got highlights and to make it look more like it's natural color. At the time, a very blond frenemy of mine went off on me that I was obviously extremely vain and she would "never compromise (her) natural hair color". I have noticed on her FB photos, that her blond hair began looking very dishwater like in the last few years and lately, it is shiny blond again. Hmmm...

I'm getting gray patches now, so it is full color with some highlights. I say, go for coloring. It will make you look the age you are and feel better about yourself.

Scintillation
09-13-2011, 04:52 PM
I know box color might not be the best route but I did find the John Frieda foam color to be easy to use and it came out as I wanted. I'm always going darker than my natural hair color so thats probably an advantage. I just, er....missed my roots a little...

I did win a free hair color at a salon (SCORE!) so instead of touching up now I'll wait to use that.

Veronika
09-14-2011, 01:44 AM
I got my free Cover Girl item in the mail today--it's the new Lash Perfection mascara, which I got almost as soon as it came out. :lol: But it was free and I like it, so all it good. Oh, and the shade is black/brown which is different than the normal black that I usually use.

IceAlisa
09-14-2011, 06:02 AM
:rofl: Are you sure you're not my sister? Your description of yourself fits her to a "T," but instead of Mila Kunis, my sister looks more like a cross between a brown-eyed version of Kristian Alfonso (better known as Hope Brady from DOOL, whose eyes are green), and Emmy Rossum (if Emmy had olive-toned skin).

SisterCyn inherited my dad's side of the family's (Eastern European/Lithuanian, and Jewish) genes - body type (short, small bone structure, and slim), hair color/texture (dark, dark brown, thick, and curly), eye color (dark brown), and an olive-based skin tone. In the winter she gets fairly pale, but in the Spring/Summer, she gets a deep, dark tan in practically no time at all..
OMG, I think I AM your sister!!! :eek: Old ladies would come up to me and say I remind them of Hope (who turned out to be some soap character played by Kristian Alfonso!). I am also petite and slim but my hair is dark brown, wavy (currently straightened into submission) and rather fine. And I get a good tan, that is I used to until I got all freaked out about wrinkles and skin cancer. The only chance that I am not your sister is that my eye color is hazel.

my little pony
09-15-2011, 05:31 AM
my face eats makeup, especially eye liner

my first ever holy grail eye liner is the perfetto by tokidoki at sephora. it is like a thin magic marker. it was still on at the end of the day and it was still in a distinguishable line not some grimey smudge.

Stefanie
09-15-2011, 01:04 PM

my first ever holy grail eye liner is the perfetto by tokidoki at sephora. it is like a thin magic marker. it was still on at the end of the day and it was still in a distinguishable line not some grimey smudge.

This is good to know, mlp! QVC featured that tokidoki line a few nights ago. I was sold by the cute packaging :shuffle:, but I had enough restrain not to buy anything. But I am tempted to try on that eyeliner. My Mary Kay eyeliner has been holding up fairly well, but only if I use it by itself and not on top of eyeshadow. I must hold the pencil too tight, though, because I've broken the point a number of times.

Andora
09-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Tokidoki packaging is so cute. Reasonably priced, too. I'll check it out when my eyeliner is gone. Speaking of packaging, I've been so tempted by the Tarina Tarantino line at Sephora, but just don't like anything in said packaging. Has anyone tried her line?

I've tried a tonne of new skincare stuff lately. I go in to consults (pre-wedding stuff) looking to vastly improve my skin, and come out with few products because the salespeople and consultants tell me not to mess around, my skin is fab. MAJOR boost! And I'm glad I haven't picked up any super heavy foundations for wedding pictures!

IceAlisa
09-15-2011, 04:26 PM

mlp, my face eats eye shadow but with the use of shadow primer I was able to stop this. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Eye Shadow Base. http://www.esteelauder.com/product/636/3324/Product-Catalog/Makeup/Eyes/Eyeshadows/Double-Wear/Stay-in-Place-EyeShadow-Base/index.tmpl

It does what it claims to do. If you use the eyeliner over the lids, this could help keep it on as well. If you outline the inside of the lid, I can't help you.

Also, primers for the face keep make up from melting off very well too.

my little pony
09-15-2011, 04:29 PM
unfortunately, i have not yet had any success w primers incl the estee lauder one

i no longer have a problem with the rest of the face since i got custom blended foundation but the eyes were still a problem

IceAlisa
09-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Hmmm. You could try a primer and a neutral colored shadow as a two kinds of base. I do that sometimes.

fan
09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
i just signed up for luxe box, the canadian equivalent of birchbox. i just couldn't resist...

skatemommy
09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
I've been very happy with Maybelline Stilletto liquid eyeliner. The applicator is like a long, skinny, flexible highlighter marker. Easy to apply and stays 100% all day. For around $7.00, I don't feel guilty splurging in other areas :)

made_in_canada
09-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Primer is a godsend! I recently discovered just how good when after dancing for 4+ hours in a crowded bar (read: sweaty!) a girl in the bathroom commented on how nice my makeup looked! Now if only there was something to keep my hair from getting sweaty and flat.

Veronika
09-15-2011, 06:42 PM
I've been very happy with Maybelline Stilletto liquid eyeliner. The applicator is like a long, skinny, flexible highlighter marker. Easy to apply and stays 100% all day. For around $7.00, I don't feel guilty splurging in other areas :)

I love this too--it's very similar to L'Oreal Lineur Intense, which is also a felt-tip applicator. But the Maybelline version is slightly cheaper and easier to find in all of the colors.

As for eye primers--I've had good luck with Urban Decay Primer Potion, but it dries out my eyes (not the skin, my actual eyeballs.) I prefer ELF Mineral Eye Primer, which is only $3. :) I usually use a base with it (NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils or cream shadows--both applied lightly). My shadows almost never crease now.