PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

PDilemma
09-11-2011, 07:29 PM
I should probably remove myself from Sephora's email list. All those do is make me want stuff I can't afford. Today's with the Smashbox eyeshadow trios....WANT.

PRlady
09-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks to jamesy and IceAlisa -- yeah, I'm naming names -- I've been on a perfume kick all month. Meaning I now have four new perfumes which is a LOT for someone who usually buys one bottle a year.

Today I was at Loehmanns, excrutiatingly happy because I found my favorite expensive bridgeline designer, Elie Tahari, in a rack filled with stuff in my size that was ridiculously cheap. As in, blazer that was $400 and is now $80 cheap. I got the blazer, a skirt and a beautiful wrap blouse.

And as I was in line, what should they have by my right elbow but more perfume on sale. Damn. The stupid book that sent me on this kick praises Black by Bulgari like it was made by the gods. I couldn't even smell it, no tester, and for $29 I bought it anyway.

It's really good but one of the weirdest perfumes I've ever smelt. I hope I am now mature and sophisticated enough to carry it off.

IceAlisa
09-12-2011, 12:04 AM
:EVILLE: :lol: What other perfume did you get as a result of my indoctrination recommendation of the perfume guide?

I love Tahari as well. I have a dress or two and a lovely trench coat.

PRlady
09-12-2011, 12:25 AM
:EVILLE: :lol: What other perfume did you get as a result of my indoctrination recommendation of the perfume guide?

I love Tahari as well. I have a dress or two and a lovely trench coat.

Kenzo Amour, the prettiest perfume I've ever owned. Beyond Paradise, which I had in an Estee Lauder travel sample and always meant to buy and finally did. LouLou by Cacherel, an utter favorite of mine from the early '90s they've pretty much stopped selling here, a very seductive Oriental.

All YOUR FAULT.

But at least I know I'm never going to buy Pleasures (want my sample?) and I am giving away that bottle of Escada Ocean I mistakenly bought last year. Ick.

IceAlisa
09-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Kenzo Amour, the prettiest perfume I've ever owned.
I find the scent very intriguing and like it quite a bit but it just doesn't work on me. :( Sad but true. Isn't the bottle stunning?

Beyond Paradise, which I had in an Estee Lauder travel sample and always meant to buy and finally did. LouLou by Cacherel, an utter favorite of mine from the early '90s they've pretty much stopped selling here, a very seductive Oriental.

All YOUR FAULT. :D

Hmm, gotta consult the Book, not too familiar with these.

But at least I know I'm never going to buy Pleasures (want my sample?) and I am giving away that bottle of Escada Ocean I mistakenly bought last year. Ick. Not my cup of tea either, but thanks! I am not a floral gal, rather an oriental gourmand type.

vesperholly
09-12-2011, 03:18 AM
Kenzo Amour, the prettiest perfume I've ever owned.

I love Kenzo Amour! I have the Indian Holi one, which is yummy as well and a gorgeous red bottle with gold printing.

skatemommy
09-12-2011, 03:22 AM
Off topic but is anyone coloring their own hair? I love my gal been with her 20 years but the gray is coming in faster than the floodgates. Home coloring success anyone ladies? I majorly screwed up my color using a box at home years ago so wondering if anything has improved?

IceAlisa
09-12-2011, 03:51 AM
Off topic but is anyone coloring their own hair? I love my gal been with her 20 years but the gray is coming in faster than the floodgates. Home coloring success anyone ladies? I majorly screwed up my color using a box at home years ago so wondering if anything has improved?

I hear ya sistah. Since I turned 25 grey has been increasingly out of control. :mad:

I do Clairol Root Touch up every 2 weeks or so. My mom helps me with the back. The color matches mine perfectly so all I have to do is to refresh my highlights every once in a while.

PrincessLeppard
09-12-2011, 04:02 AM
I started going grey (well, white...) at 23 and at 30 it was out of control. So I've been a blonde since then. It hides it MUCH better.

Lanie
09-12-2011, 07:56 AM
I color my hair at home all the time. I've been using the foam stuff and it works great!

paulac
09-12-2011, 10:35 AM
PRLady - I love Bulgari Black:swoon: It's a bit strange, but in a good way, and it doesn't smell like anything else.
I'm testing Untitled by Maison Martin Margiela, Habinta by Molinard & Black Rose Oud by Trish McEvoy at the moment, and unfortunately for my wallet I love all three :yikes:

PRlady
09-12-2011, 03:49 PM
I hear ya sistah. Since I turned 25 grey has been increasingly out of control. :mad:

I do Clairol Root Touch up every 2 weeks or so. My mom helps me with the back. The color matches mine perfectly so all I have to do is to refresh my highlights every once in a while.

Aren't you a blonde? I envision you as a blonde!

After screwing up my own hair in my early forties with boxed stuff, I've paid for a colorist ever since. But I have thick curly hair which like all curly hair tends to be dry, so it's not easy to get the color right at home.

IceAlisa
09-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Aren't you a blonde? I envision you as a blonde! Ha ha, what's that supposed to mean? :lol:

No, not at all. Think Mila Kunis' coloring. Dark brown hair, olive skin. So hiding those grey streaks is a much bigger pain than it would have been. I could never pull of blond hair, nor would I want to. A proud brunette! :)

PRlady
09-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Ha ha, what's that supposed to mean? :lol:

No, not at all. Think Mila Kunis' coloring. Dark brown hair, olive skin. So hiding those grey streaks is a much bigger pain than it would have been. I could never pull of blond hair, nor would I want to. A proud brunette! :)

It means that despite the fact I know you're Russian-Jewish, I just think of Russians as blonde. Which is ridiculous since I think Elena I is stunningly beautiful and she's a classic brunette. Somehow I thought you were in the Maria Butyrskaya genre. :lol:

IceAlisa
09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
It means that despite the fact I know you're Russian-Jewish, I just think of Russians as blonde. Which is ridiculous since I think Elena I is stunningly beautiful and she's a classic brunette. Somehow I thought you were in the Maria Butyrskaya genre. :lol:

I agree that the consumption of peroxide in Eastern Europe is through the roof. I see a lot of flat, platinum color instead of layered highlights, at least 3 different kinds of blond to mimic natural highlights created by the sun in blond hair. This is what I would do I were a blonde.

However I am too olive skinned for anything other than very very subtle highlights (hate skunk stripes) that can only be seen if the light hits them just right and that create an overall softer effect of my dark brown hair. Most people don't ever guess that I am Russian when they meet me. I've been called Italian most commonly, also Israeli, Palestinian, Greek, South American, Hispanic but no one ever guessed that I am Russian. :lol: My favorite was when people thought I was my golden haired fair skinned son's Hispanic nanny when I took him to the park.

On our honeymoon a sweet old Sicilian guy was trying to prove to me that I am Sicilian, I just had to be: "Look at the hair, the skin!". :P