PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

PDilemma
08-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Speaking of splurges, I broke down and got the NARS Orgasm blush. :swoon: It's perfect! And I'm usually more of a rose-coloured blush girl.

Mine is almost gone and since my steady job was cut for budget, I'm depending only on subbing now. So I can't afford NARS. :(

Anyone have any suggestions for cheaper blushes in good colors???

Andora
08-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure if they have an Orgasm-like colour, but Physician's Formula blushes have always been fantastic.

For one that's more sheer, Mark's mosaic blushes are pretty nice, and one of them comes out that pinky-peach-coral somewhat as well.

Habs
08-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I never get raccoon eyes...I wonder what my secret is? :shuffle: Maybe having dry eyes is good for something!

I tend to have oily skin around my eyes and I have dark circles to begin with, so mascara and eyeliner can be a bit challenging for me. I experimented with eye makeup for 6 months before my wedding to find the right combination. :lol:

Veronika
08-08-2011, 08:45 PM
RE: Blushes
I'd recommend the Milani baked blushes (you can find Milani at some Walgreens, CVS, and Kmart stores): http://www.milanicosmetics.com/p-93-baked-blush.aspx

Happy Booster blush is fun too: http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/face/blush/07322.html

And honestly, Cover Girl Cheekers blush is good stuff--and cheap! You can get two of them for $5-6.

Andora
08-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Happy Booster blush is fun too: http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/face/blush/07322.html

This was my favourite blush until NARS barged in. :D I am completely blanking on if mine is Rose or Natural (it's at home), but it's fantastic, great staying power, etc.

Southpaw
08-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Nars Orgasm really is the perfect blush. I've been nursing mine for a couple of years.

myhoneyhoney
08-09-2011, 12:52 AM
According to Temptalia, here are some NARS Orgasm drugstore dupes that scored 90% and up identical:

E.L.F. Candid Coral
E.L.F. Peachy Keen
E.L.F. Blushed
E.L.F. Blush and Bronzed Compact
Mark (by Avon) After Glo
Maybelline Peach Satin
Milani Luminous
NYX Pinched
Wet N Wild Pearlescent Pink
L'Oreal Front Page Peach Blush Delice

I have the Wet N' Wild one and LOVE it!

Scintillation
08-09-2011, 03:46 AM
Had a woman today try and return a $55 face creme that clearly had an outline of where a tester sticker used to be, then gave one name to be looked up in our system, then tried to get the refund on a credit card with a different name on it. :mad::mad: I'm losing my faith in people. What an idiot.
Also I tried John Freida's box foaming color, and I have to say it's the least amount of mess I have ever made when coloring my own hair. I think I got only 2 drops on the wall this time--huge improvement over the streaks that are still on the door from the last time.

myhoneyhoney
08-09-2011, 03:53 AM
oooo hair color. I haven't colored my hair in years. I'd like to try and make it a light brown/honey color but I don't think I can do that at home since my hair is naturally black. I just can't bring myself to pay $$ for hair color. It's gonna cost me a ton since my hair is almost halfway down my back. :(

Lanie
08-09-2011, 04:06 AM
Scintillation, I've tried the mousse hair color and I LOVE IT. It's so easy to deal with.

Scintillation
08-09-2011, 04:31 AM
My only complaint with the color is that so much of the red has already washed out--but given that red washes out the easiest, I knew that would happen going in. Still, it always hurts a little.
And myhoneyhoney, maybe highlights would be cheaper than an all over color? You'd still have to go through 2 processes, but maybe since they're not doing the whole head it might be less money. I don't know, I'm always so wary of bleaching. My coworker just got the "graduated color" look-brown graduating into bleached blonde. The bleached blonde portion now won't dry as quickly as her brown hair, nor will it hold any curl.

Sk8Kate
08-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Speaking of splurges, I broke down and got the NARS Orgasm blush. :swoon: It's perfect! And I'm usually more of a rose-coloured blush girl.

Once Sephora wises up to the fact that I only buy when there's a VIB deal or other VIB promotion, they're going to kick me out of the program. :lol: Did anyone else get the little box of samples this weekend? I was surprised to really like the Coconut Lip Stain by Stila. I've wanted to try the Pomegranate one.

I'm a die-hard fan of NARS Orgasm blush. Even though mine is far from used up, when Sephora had a VIB deal this spring for 15% off, I bought another pot of it since I'll use it eventually. I definitely stock up whenever there's a VIB deal - I too got the little box of samples this past weekend. I tried the Phyto hair oil/scalp treatment ampule over the weekend and I'm not sure it did anything. Smelled pretty vile. I am really liking the little Laura Mercier mascara sample though. So far, no raccoon eyes!

Cyn
08-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Heads-up for free stuff…(well, kind of…)

GWP #1:

Lancôme is going into Gift w/ Purchase of $35.00 starting this Tuesday (August 15th) at all Macy's Department stores. The Gift includes a cute bag (choice of two styles), plus you get to choose 6 out of the 13 items. Note: The description listed in parentheses is my take/review of these products….

- Créme Mousse Confort Cleanser (large travel size….very mild and good for sensitive skin)
- Créme Radiance Cleanser (large travel size….great daily cleanser for normal skin - this is the one I use)
- Hypnôse Drama Mascara (Shade - Black)
- Color Design Lipstick – (Shade is "All Done Up" - a very berry cream)
- Juicy Tube - (Shade is "Miracle" and is a very, very sparkly pink)
- Le Lipstique Lip Pencil – (Shade is "Mauvelle" and is berry-colored…goes well with the lipstick in this gift)
- Foundation Brush - (not as nice as the Lancôme Foundation Brush for sale, but it's a great travel size)
- Bi-Facil Makeup Remover - (travel size. IMO the best makeup remover on the market)
- Color Design Eye Shadow Quad - (two types to choose from - one with very vivid colors and one with colors, but they're more muted)
- High Résolution 3X Facial - (age range late 20s through 30s)
- Absolue Premium Bx Facial Moisturizer - (50s/menopausal/post-menopausal age range)
- Rénergie Lift Volumetry Facial Moisturizer - (age range 40s/peri-menopausal/menopausal age range - this one is my personal favorite as it kicks ass at tightening and lifting skin and is best bang of the three offered)

GWP #2

My :sekret: didn't give me the exact dates for this, but Belk Department Stores will have their next Lancôme Gift w/ Purchase of $35.00 in September 2011. More details to come as I get them, but the one thing I do know about it is that it's also one where you can choose the items you want in your gift, and two of the choices are the Rénergie Lift Volumetry Facial Creme and Rénergie Lift Volumetry Eye Creme (both of which kick ass).

star_gazer11
08-15-2011, 03:40 AM
I put on Pedal to the Metal by Sally Hansen on the toes this weekend. The brush is quite wide, so I'll probably not use it again - I have small toenails and found it messy.

PDilemma
08-15-2011, 05:19 AM
I put on Pedal to the Metal by Sally Hansen on the toes this weekend. The brush is quite wide, so I'll probably not use it again - I have small toenails and found it messy.

This fixes problems like that:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P37621&categoryId=B70