PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

skategal
07-24-2011, 02:29 PM
so I took it off and put a light pink shade on with a gold shimmer top coat.

I'm wearing a pale pink with gold shimmer topcoat on my toes right now. (China Glaze innocence with China Glaze White Cap on top.) :)

And I agree....I don't like the crackle nail polish at all.

IceAlisa
07-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Not a fan of the crackle polish either. Need to do my nails today, what will it be? I think the new Essie, the Master Plan. It's gloomy and overcast enough for a gray polish.

kimkom
07-24-2011, 06:35 PM
I just took the polish off my fingers and toes because I'm having surgery on Wednesday. I feel very nekkid! :lol:

Why do you need to take it off anyway? I've always wondered that. :confused:

made_in_canada
07-24-2011, 06:37 PM
They use nail beds to check for circulation ;) Good luck with your surgery! I'm glad it's finally happening. I think you should treat yourself to some new polish after :D

Scintillation
07-25-2011, 03:28 AM
I dunno if this thread has gone into the feet area before, but does anyone have any tips to share for foot care? I'm on my feet constantly at work and my feet have really taken a beating. They're red and ridiculously calloused. It's gross. We make a foot cream that I use and like but I think I need to step it up a few notches. I don't want to get a pedicure because I would be mortified to take my shoes off.

kimkom
07-25-2011, 03:46 AM
I dunno if this thread has gone into the feet area before, but does anyone have any tips to share for foot care? I'm on my feet constantly at work and my feet have really taken a beating. They're red and ridiculously calloused. It's gross. We make a foot cream that I use and like but I think I need to step it up a few notches. I don't want to get a pedicure because I would be mortified to take my shoes off.

Bliss Softening Socks (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P7416&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4326). OMG, they're amazing! I usually use Foot Patrol (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P6869&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4326) with them, but any good foot moisturizer works.

They're a little tricky to walk in though - really squishy. :lol:

PrincessLeppard
07-25-2011, 03:48 AM

The pedicurist I know takes great pride in making ugly feet beautiful. :) Don't be embarrassed.

Scintillation
07-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Oooo I might have to get those socks. Thanks!
And I'm also mortified to get a pedicure because not only do my feet look awful, they also smell really bad. :shuffle:

PrincessLeppard
07-25-2011, 04:00 AM
You dip them in soap and water first, silly! No one is going to smell your feet.

GET A PEDICURE.

:)

made_in_canada
07-25-2011, 04:17 AM
I agree. Pedicures are really the solution. I once had one and there was this big burly guy with unbelievably disgusting feet next to me. I will never feel bad about my feet again!

IceAlisa
07-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Yes, get a pedicure or exfoliate your feet on your own. Because no amount of moisturizer is going to help if the skin is dead. I would take a bath and use a pumice on the feet and a scrub and then use the socks. Or just get a professional pedicure.

Scintillation
07-25-2011, 04:58 AM
Maybe I'll stick my foot in my mom's face and demand that she give me one of her free pedicure certificates.
No, that's too mean. But I suppose I will get one because some hardcore sloughing is needed on my heels. Foot relief isnt cutting it anymore.

myhoneyhoney
07-25-2011, 06:17 AM
Scintillation, I've had dry, cracked, and bleeding heels for years until I discovered a product. I use this callus remover (http://www.amazon.com/Trim-Neat-Feet-Callus-Remover/dp/B000VLDEKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311570759&sr=8-1) to scrub my heels instead of a pumice stone. The metal part does an excellent job at removing all the tough, thick, dry skin on the heels. I soak my feet for a couple of minutes then gently scrub with the metal side. It doesn't hurt at all. I then flip it over and scrub/buff my heels with the sandpaper like side. After I rinse and dry I slather on plain old Vaseline and then put on a pair of cotton socks. I keep the socks on at least 30 mins to an hour (heck even overnight if you can stand it). Do this every day or every other day and your feet will be smooth and soft. Plus, it won't cost you much $$ at all!

IceAlisa
07-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Yes, just be careful with the callus remover. And I would definitely NOT recommend a callus shaver (http://www.amazon.com/Tweezerman-Safety-Slide-Callus-Shaver/dp/B000G62I12/ref=pd_sim_dbs_bt_6). That's a job for a podiatrist.

Anita18
07-25-2011, 06:54 AM
Dude, pedicurists work with feet ALL DAY. I'm sure they'll have seen feet 10000x worse than yours. :lol:

It's kind of like being embarrassed about getting a gynecological exam from your doctor. :lol:

But aside from pedicure, definitely try a pumice stone or something to physically take the rough skin off.