PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

IceAlisa
07-21-2011, 02:37 AM
kimkom, I have a sample of Stila Convertible Color (cream blush and lip color) in Lilium: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P8426&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3865

I like it.

Veronika
07-21-2011, 03:09 AM
I use NYX cream blush, and love it. Not shimmery at all (though I do dig shimmer), decent staying powder, and some slightly less pinky colours available.

2nd this--I have NYX cream blush in Glow and it's really nice--a peachy pink. Not shimmery at all! :)

IceAlisa
07-21-2011, 03:39 AM
I'm so bad with concealer, but I'm convinced I've just had two bad kinds. Maybe I should give this a while. Does it settle into very fine lines, though? A lot of mine do.

I find this one a lot easier to apply than cream concealer, provided you use a cosmetic wedge and not their little crappy brush that comes with the product.

And let me reiterate: it covers anything and everything in terms of discoloration, hyperpigmentation, redness, under eye circles, anything! A film on top of each color says what it covers up to take the guess work out of the application. I think I am a bit older than you and it doesn't settle into my fine lines that I've noticed. But what fine lines? You are getting Botox! :)

I should note that I wash face in the morning, apply eye cream and go do something for 5-10 min for the eye cream to get absorbed and then apply make up, including concealer.

Matryeshka
07-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Thank you for all your suggestions--the nail polish is mostly off. I'm running around with nekkid toes though as there are still stubborn spots of neon sparkly orange that REFUSE to come off. The acetone worked better, as did holding it on longer, but it's stubborn. I'm hoping that by running around barefoot, it will flake off. Hopefully. Maybe. :(

What's strange is, I've used this polish before, and it came off my finger nails just fine. I don't know what the problem is. I swear, I'm two steps from trying paint thinner. :P

PrincessLeppard
07-21-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't bother to paint my toes during the winter, and I had some black polish on my toes that hung on from October to late May.

Just so you're prepared. :)

beepbeep
07-21-2011, 09:34 PM
2nd this--I have NYX cream blush in Glow and it's really nice--a peachy pink. Not shimmery at all! :)

3rd...

I have Glow, Golden and Red Cheeks.

Red Cheeks is a really bright reddish pink, but it doesn't feel oily and only the tiniest bit does a great work (on my freakishly white face anyways) which is a good thing if you don't want it settling on fine lines.

If you don't like shimmer, stay away form Golden: although it's a great pale burnt pink that makes me look oh so healthy (instead of my normal zombie self :P ), but it has some gold shimmer in it.

skategal
07-21-2011, 11:18 PM
I currently use the Makeup Forever Cream Blush. No glow or shimmer whatsoever and it lasts a really long time on your face. I have also used NARS the Multiple in Orgasm which is also really nice...but does have a little shimmer if I recall correctly.

As for hard to remove glitter nail polish....you need to soak a cotten pad in nail polish remover, press it on your nail and wrap tinfoil around your finger. Wait a couple of minutes, remove the tinfoil, and wipe the polish off your nail and it will come off easily. You need to prevent the evaporation of the remover to get it to soak into the polish. You look like an alien....but it totally works.

myhoneyhoney
07-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Make up junkie... nail polish addict.... once again I blame this thread, lol. Look what I put on taday: Sally Hansen's "First Kiss" (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PtTR7NPo6IE/TiipB7w2-6I/AAAAAAAAAao/76T3Mz3g8nA/s1600/11+-+1)

skatemommy
07-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Ok kitty kat dolls...who is brave enough to say what they are spending per year on all this glamour? I'd say my budget is between $600-800 per year. I consider myself frugal except for hair/nails/makeup/massage/tanning.

kimkom
07-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Ok kitty kat dolls...who is brave enough to say what they are spending per year on all this glamour?

You kidding, right? :scream:

IceAlisa
07-22-2011, 01:15 AM
I am NOT coming face to face with that number. I am just not. :scream:

myhoneyhoney
07-22-2011, 01:17 AM
lol, well, before i used to spend maybe $100 a year max. This year... uhhh...........

Scintillation
07-22-2011, 01:22 AM
Well once I got my job with ELC I took a look into my sales history. I was horrified to see that in 3 years I had spent almost $2,000. Actually, it could be more. I think I blocked the number out of my mind.
Speaking of overspending, I stopped by Sephora today to look at nail polish colors, and the girl totally sold me on those "blasted" nail polish top coats. Who knew achieving a shattered look would suddenly be popular.

IceAlisa
07-22-2011, 01:29 AM
Well, I'll be making some returns to Sephora tomorrow to bring that number down a bit.

I am a Lolita Lempicka, the original perfume junkie and pounced on the new LL eau de toilette (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P290900&categoryId=B23) in the cutest little bottle shaped like an apple with a bite taken out of it. But it lacks the depth and warmth I adore in the original eau de parfum and is just not interesting. Too much of a fruity floral with some relation to the original. And I am not buying this just because the bottle is cute.

kimkom
07-22-2011, 01:29 AM
Speaking of overspending, I stopped by Sephora today to look at nail polish colors, and the girl totally sold me on those "blasted" nail polish top coats. Who knew achieving a shattered look would suddenly be popular.

I had a pedicure done like that. Purple and pink - it was so cute!