PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Lanie
06-28-2011, 04:06 AM
I love Nars Orgasm blush. It's the only blush I own, I think! It's just so pretty. I got tons of compliments on it when I wore it at my wedding. My grandmother--this 92 year old Southern socialite--asked me what blush I was wearing and I just couldn't tell her. :rofl:

vesperholly
06-28-2011, 07:20 AM
NARS Orgasm was my first "high end" product (damn gateway drug), and I went through two of them before I started buying more blushes. Even now I will wear my other blushes for a while, then go back to Orgasm and think "why did I ever stop wearing this?!"

PrincessLeppard
06-28-2011, 08:16 PM
I've been using Wen for three days, and it's really nice, though my arms are tired from all the massaging that stuff into your scalp. But my hair is really shiny, so that's cool.

Why, oh why, did Pantene discontinue their spray wax? I am down to my last bottle, and just paid way too much for two of them on amazon. Sigh.

myhoneyhoney
06-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Ulta has Essie on sale right now, but 2 get 1 free. I got Van D'Go (http://www.essie.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=349), Your Hut Or Mine (http://www.amazon.com/Essie-Nail-Polish-Resort-11/dp/B004Z2CX54), and Tart Deco (http://www.essie.com/shop/tart-deco-p-27.html).

I kinda went on a girly rampage today (my break from the kids since they're on summer vacation, I left them at home to pester daddy while I shop). I went to the MAC store and picked up their Face and Body foundation. I also stopped by Sephora to sample Make Up Forever foundations (I'm on the hunt for foundation that will survive a water park). I ended up buying the Sephora brand Jumbo Lineer 12HR in brown.

Southpaw
06-28-2011, 08:45 PM
I like that Tart Deco. I'm very much annoyed with Essie's Midnight Cami because it stains like mad. I have a ring of blue around my nails after taking it off and it looks like I've been working on diesel engines or something.

mila19
06-28-2011, 09:44 PM
I like that Tart Deco. I'm very much annoyed with Essie's Midnight Cami because it stains like mad. I have a ring of blue around my nails after taking it off and it looks like I've been working on diesel engines or something.

Try soaking the nails in lemon

beepbeep
06-28-2011, 10:12 PM

Did you apply some base coat? (I know it won't solve the current problem, but it'll prevent future ones)
There are special polishes to take of this like Sally Hansen's (http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-care/insta-brite-nail-whitener) and I'm sure other brands have something equivalent to it.

When I was around 15 years old, there were no polishes different than red, pale pinks, whiteish transparents, etc here. But I wanted something very different. So came the bright idea: took a transparent (no color) polish and some ink from a blue BIC pen. It looked great on the bottle and great on the nails (with no base coat, of course). When I removed, the terror: my nails were blue! (what was I expecting?? :lol: ). It only came out when they grew...

Veronika
06-29-2011, 06:56 PM
I can't say much about manicures...I used to do my fingernails all of the time, but I don't have the patience for it any more. I just do my toenails and that's usually it. :)

I finally found a use for my stupid Diorshow Iconic mascara--it's good base for other (volumizing) mascaras. It's a shame that I'm using an expensive mascara for that purpose, but at least I'm using it!

myhoneyhoney
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Well, I've tried all three Essie polishes and I'm returning them. All have been overly thick, goopy, and sticky. A shame since I absolutely adore the colors. :( I don't know if I'll be buying Essie again.

IceAlisa
07-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I am sorry to hear that. :( I've had such good experiences with them.

Andora
07-03-2011, 04:04 AM

Me too. :( I find OPI much thicker and goopier. Only criticism I'd have of Essie is it can take awhile to dry, so it's not polish for when I'm impatient without their fast-dry top coat.

I picked up Sephora's lipstick pallette maker today as it was on sale. I'm excited to give new life to some old lipsticks of mine!

Has anyone tried Mac's paint pots? I nabbed painterly as I wanted something I could toss on when I'm in a hurry and want a more polished look than just mascara. Sounds promising.

oleada
07-03-2011, 04:11 AM
That's a shame about the Essie Polishes. I've had positive experiences with them also. Nice is nice is :swoon:

I also went on a nail polish binge recently and bought China Glaze Strawberry Fields, Lubu Heels and For Audrey; FingerPaints Purple Palette; ORLY Here Comes Trouble & Crush on You and OPI Grape Set Match! and Serving Up Sparkle Duo. I'm not allowed to buy any nail polishes anymore for a month, at least. :o

I'm wearing the Serving up Sparkle/Grape Set Match combination this weekend, for the Wimbledon final. It looks gorgeous in the sunlight.

I have created a new EverPure addict in my mom :EVILLE:

IceAlisa
07-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Ah, this thread is the work of the :EVILLE:

myhoneyhoney
07-03-2011, 06:45 AM

I was really surprised how bad these were. I have Essie Sugar Daddy and Lime Scene and those are perfect. I don't know what happened to these three. :(

IceAlisa
07-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Perhaps they were old?