PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

my little pony
06-22-2011, 09:25 PM
I also ordered some of the Wen "not" shampoo. I watched a presentation about it on QVC :shuffle: and one of the models had super fine hair like mine and it did wonders for her. I ordered it off eBay, though, because if you order from their site, it's autoship only and I'd like to know it works before I do that... Anyone tried it?

i used it at home if i do my own hair. the trick is you need to really follow the instructions, use as much product as they tell you etc. otherwise it comes out greasy. but it is very gentle w color and highlights.

Veronika
06-22-2011, 10:01 PM
I decided to treat myself to some new mascara last night, and then I ended up getting two new tubes. :o

I got Maybelline Volum' Express One-by-One and Cover Girl Lash Perfection (which seems to be a reboot of the Max Factor LP Volume Couture.) I tried Lash Perfection today and it wasn't bad...I'm saving the One-by-One for later. :)

Anita18
06-23-2011, 04:32 AM
I also ordered some of the Wen "not" shampoo. I watched a presentation about it on QVC :shuffle: and one of the models had super fine hair like mine and it did wonders for her. I ordered it off eBay, though, because if you order from their site, it's autoship only and I'd like to know it works before I do that... Anyone tried it?
My coworker uses it and her hair is GORGEOUS. Although her hair might be gorgeous naturally since she's half-Cuban, half-Chinese. :lol: Her hair is on the finer side, though I think it's very sleek and straight naturally.

She does like it a lot, and she doesn't use as much as I've heard you're supposed to do it (30 pumps or whatever it is), or else I would have ordered it too. :P

I'm still having to do a coconut oil treatment every week or else my hair gets super-greasy. At least I have less flyaways. :P

Angela-Fan
06-24-2011, 08:14 PM
I love how I curl my eyelashes and they look ok. Then as soon as the mascara goes on, the curl disappears. :rolleyes:

myhoneyhoney
06-24-2011, 09:44 PM
I love how I curl my eyelashes and they look ok. Then as soon as the mascara goes on, the curl disappears. :rolleyes:

that happens to me too. I'm still in constant search for mascara.

BTW, I need a bigger make up bag now, maybe I'll upgrade to a hard side train case. It's all this thread's fault! :lol:

beepbeep
06-24-2011, 09:54 PM
My main problem with mascara is that some of it will inevitably end up on my lids while applying. After some 17 years wearing mascara I should be less of a klutz... but I'm not.

Habs
06-24-2011, 10:03 PM
My problem with mascara is ending up with raccoon eyes at the end of the day. :(

skategal
06-25-2011, 12:06 AM
My main problem with mascara is that some of it will inevitably end up on my lids while applying. After some 17 years wearing mascara I should be less of a klutz... but I'm not.

I'll join you...my mascara usually ends up on the top of my nose near my eye... :slinkaway

my little pony
06-25-2011, 03:33 AM
more reason for Veronika to start a youtube channel to demonstrate her mascara collection

Habs
06-25-2011, 03:35 AM
more reason for Veronika to start a youtube channel to demonstrate her mascara collection

:cheer:

Veronika
06-25-2011, 02:45 PM

:lol: You are making me consider it...

I dunno, I'm lucky when it comes to mascara--I never need to wear waterproof, and it never smears on me. I get flaking sometimes, but that's usually at the end of the day. I guess having dry eyes is finally good for something?

Angela-Fan
06-25-2011, 08:44 PM
I ordered this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RK7I2W
Hopefully it actually works. lol I thought maybe it being korean product it might work for my korean eyelashes. lol.

Andora
06-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I have a makeup shipment caught in the postal strike that I'm starting to really miss. :P It has a new, cheap mascara in it. I picked up Hypnose once again recently and HATE IT. I don't think I'll be buying it again! I'm almost finished with expensive mascaras save my Buxom lash. I like the mini-sampler packs so I can try them, but even when I like one enough to buy, it's a bit of a disappointment. I'm always back to Buxom, Prestige's Blackest Lashes and a lengthening waterproof one. Pfffft.

I had a spray tan for the first time in my life this past weekend. A bridesmaid dress I wore was a light green and didn't really suit my light skintone. I'm almost embarassed by how much I enjoyed it. I don't usually like how I look when tan, especially because of the freckles I get. I think I'll stick with this at least lightly and mostly for my legs.

I also had my makeup done and it was pretty fantastic! The hair and makeup was very Mad Men/Joan Holloway-y, and I bugged the makeup artist a tonne with questions and such. She claimed to enjoy it, though, because apparently even make up artists don't get to talk makeup as often as they'd like. *L* I'm now convinced I have to go out and buy Nars' Orgasm Blush, though. :shuffle:

Veronika
06-28-2011, 03:45 AM
I have Nars Orgasm blush...it's pretty darn good. I've had it for over a year and I reach for it often.

NYX and Milani both have good alternatives:
Milani Dolce Pink: http://www.milanicosmetics.com/p-93-baked-blush.aspx
NYX Pinched: http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/products/cheeks/blusher/powder-blush

my little pony
06-28-2011, 03:47 AM
I use Nars orgasm blush, the multiple and the lip gloss. I don't have any other blush anymore.