PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Cyn
06-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Speaking of Hypnose, a few days of wearing it and my skin is GLOWING. :| And the eye cream/stuff that came with the gift? Amazing. I can only afford one or the other, damn it!! :P

I rediscovered my love of Cils Booster, except it doesn't play well with my Buxom Lash. Sad for me, but a chance to use other mascaras of mine at least.

Hypnose? Or Genifique? (for the glowing skin). Which eye cream came in your gift? If it's the new Renergie one, I'll be getting that one with the Belk gift for sure.

The Collaser 5X eye serum that I use, combined with the Genifique and my moisturizer does wonders - I'm almost 8 years older than my sister, who doesn't use any of that stuff, and she has way more wrinkles and crow's feet around her eyes than I do :D .

Andora
06-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Hypnose? Or Genifique? (for the glowing skin). Which eye cream came in your gift? If it's the new Renergie one, I'll be getting that one with the Belk gift for sure.

The Genefique one. (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P247905&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1741) It was a decent size sample, too. I figured I'd buy the serum if I like the sample, but I'm really loving the eye stuff, too. Damn it.

The Collaser 5X eye serum that I use, combined with the Genifique and my moisturizer does wonders - I'm almost 8 years older than my sister, who doesn't use any of that stuff, and she has way more wrinkles and crow's feet around her eyes than I do :D .

:cheer: You have a great base to work with, though, Cy, so that helps.

kimkom
06-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Andora, I love the Genefique Eye too, but if you can only get one, I would suggest getting the serum (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P234500&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1741) instead. Seriously, it did wonders for fine lines on my entire face, including around the eyes before I even started using the eye cream (I was still using Neutrogena eye cream at the time).

Cyn
06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
You're too kind, Andora :glamor: .

I'm in full agreement with KimKom about getting the Genifique serum (not the cream one, but the original formula). It can be used on the entire face and gives fabulous results, usually within a week.

Lanie
06-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Oh my gosh, this thread has me addicted on several things now. :D For years I neglected "cosmetics", all I wore was foundation, mascara, and lipgloss. What can I say, when you have 4 kids ages 6 and under, you're lucky to have time to pee. Now my youngest child is 6 so I have more time to priss up. I'm on a rampage to find the perfect mascara, the longest lasting nail polish, trying out different types of foundation, not to mention the many perfumes out there..... I even bought jumbo heated rollers to defrizz and add some volume to my hair. FUN!

I'm addicted to makeup now. I read this thread and want and want, but don't buy. Usually. :shuffle:

I blame FSU for everything. You hear that? EVERYTHING! :rofl:

Veronika
06-07-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm addicted to makeup now. I read this thread and want and want, but don't buy. Usually. :shuffle:

We are enablers...but MakeupAlley is even worse. If you go on there often, you'll want to buy makeup EVERY DAY!!! (I'm not kidding.)

beepbeep
06-07-2011, 02:45 AM

Same here. This thread turned my nail polish, make up, skin and hair products, etc liking, into full fledged vice.

My credit card is yet to recover (I seriously doubt it ever will, but one can hope :P )

IceAlisa
06-07-2011, 03:28 AM
Yes, one FSUer scared me into buying Clinique High Impact mascara again because Two Faced Lash Injection is bad for your lashes. Or something. So now I have an everyday mascara and out on the town mascara. :lol:

Lanie
06-07-2011, 03:37 AM
Same here. This thread turned my nail polish, make up, skin and hair products, etc liking, into full fledged vice.

My credit card is yet to recover (I seriously doubt it ever will, but one can hope :P )

I stay away from Macys because I know if I go there I'll go, "Oh! I heard about this on FSU!" and my husband will ask me why I have a ton of charges on our credit card... :shuffle:

I want some new lipstick but I have a bunch already though in the same color palette: berries and pinks. I got a coral lipstick from Avon that is nice but it's very faint, so I think I need one with a punch of color! Yes, an excuse to buy more lipstick... Just what I need...

From a friend I got a sample of Estee Lauder's mascara and I love it, except it tends to smear. Fail!

myhoneyhoney
06-07-2011, 05:24 AM
From a friend I got a sample of Estee Lauder's mascara and I love it, except it tends to smear. Fail!

Oooo, I hate smeary mascara, flaky ones too. Right now I'm using NYX Doll Eye and it's working out pretty well so far, not a hint of raccoon eyes by the end of the day. I tried out the waterproof version when we went to the water park and it held up well. It also came off easily with the Neutrogena eye makeup remover. I want to try Buxom mascara next.

IceAlisa
06-07-2011, 05:59 AM
I found a new perfume I really like: Jo Malone's Blue Agava and Cacao. Very yummy, love the cacao and cinnamon notes although prefer to wait out the top citrus ones.

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Birgaradia, Red Berry, Lime Oil. Middle Notes: Cacao Seed, Agava. Base Notes: Vetiver, Vanilla, Musk, Cinnamon. It's very cozy and warm, perfect for the lame San Francisco summer (54F and drizzly today :rolleyes:)

Now it's only a matter of time before Prancer descends here to tell me that Blue Agava and Cacao is another Angel spawn. :shuffle:

vesperholly
06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
We are enablers...but MakeupAlley is even worse. If you go on there often, you'll want to buy makeup EVERY DAY!!! (I'm not kidding.)

OMG, you're not kidding. And definitely don't start reading makeup blogs, subscribing to makeup sales communities, or watching makeup YouTube videos!! :bribe: :bribe: :bribe:

Cyn
06-07-2011, 07:40 AM
For Mother's Day, I finally got the perfume I've wanted for the past couple of years - True Religion for Women.

Top notes include: apple, red currant, violet leaves, mandarin and bergamot. Heart: amarylis,freesia, plum. Base notes: Hinoki, amber, cedar.

It's a wonderful, clean botanical fragrance that can be worn with jeans or a dress (and the bottle is absolutely beautiful!!

Andora
06-07-2011, 08:58 AM
I may or may not have picked up Sand Tropez today. The whole way home, I wondered if I'd already bought it. Luckily it's another random Essie Taupe (Au Naturel, which is gorgeous if a bit orange when too layered on me). Does this happen to anyone else? :lol:

Andora, I love the Genefique Eye too, but if you can only get one, I would suggest getting the serum (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P234500&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1741) instead. Seriously, it did wonders for fine lines on my entire face, including around the eyes before I even started using the eye cream (I was still using Neutrogena eye cream at the time).

I was definitely going to aim to use this if I enjoyed it, though I was torn as my eyes are what give me the most grief. I think I'm, sadly, more like my mom and grandma more than I'd like to admit there, and could be headed for sagged, puffy bags and fine line city soon enough.

So, the vote of confidence of the serum being good enough (plus other eye treatment) helps! Thank you!

Veronika
06-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Victoria's Secret is putting their Secret Garden bath and body collection on clearance on the website and in stores (I think they are redoing the packaging.) It's 6 for $19.99 right now (it's normally 3/$24 or 5/$30.) The selection on the website has been spotty, but if you check back on a regular basis you can get some good deals.