PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Cyn
06-05-2011, 07:10 AM
For those who have Belk's in their areas, Lancome is going to be "in gift" starting on June 14th. The gift they're offering is very similar, if not identical, to the one offered at Sear's (that was mentioned upthread).

Lancome is also promoting three new perfumes, and they're offering "special" samples of them (I think that's available in all department stores,, but I'm not sure about that). I don't know if that means the typical VOCs (vial-on-cards) or if they're larger samples.

For those interested in Genifique, they also have a 7-day sample kit of them that's available, but you have to ask for it.

made_in_canada
06-05-2011, 08:39 AM
I tried Lancome's cils booster... I'm addicted :shuffle:

Because I really needed another expensive must-have makeup product :sigh:

Lanie
06-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I need to pick up some neutral nail polish. It's In The Bag looks so pretty, I must have it! I am becoming addicted to nail polish. :shuffle:

IceAlisa
06-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Yeah, it's lovely and stays on for a while. Just don't get any Chanel. :scream:

beepbeep
06-05-2011, 07:19 PM
... I am becoming addicted to nail polish. :shuffle:

Welcome aboard! :)

myhoneyhoney
06-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I am becoming addicted to nail polish. :shuffle:

Oh my gosh, this thread has me addicted on several things now. :D For years I neglected "cosmetics", all I wore was foundation, mascara, and lipgloss. What can I say, when you have 4 kids ages 6 and under, you're lucky to have time to pee. Now my youngest child is 6 so I have more time to priss up. I'm on a rampage to find the perfect mascara, the longest lasting nail polish, trying out different types of foundation, not to mention the many perfumes out there..... I even bought jumbo heated rollers to defrizz and add some volume to my hair. FUN!

Veronika
06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I used the Queen Helene mint julep face mask last night...trying to pull some oil out of my face. I really scared my husband with it, it's bright green. :D

IceAlisa
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Did it work?

Veronika
06-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah, somewhat. My face is oilier in the summertime, so it's a losing battle.

I also have a cystic lesion/huge zit on my chin. I've been taking vitamin D, thanks to vesperholly's advice, and I think it was helping. But hot summer temps do a number on my skin. :fragile:

my little pony
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
V - the custom foundation i got is full of purple foundation, a bit of white and a smaller bit of flesh tone. The purple is to counteract the oil. I laughed in the girl's face when she told me it would do that. But damn if the purple doesn't make the foundation do just what she said.

Veronika
06-06-2011, 04:54 PM
What type of foundation is that? I've tried so many products that promise 8+ hours of oil control, but I'm shiny within 2 hours of application.

Andora
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
For those who have Belk's in their areas, Lancome is going to be "in gift" starting on June 14th. The gift they're offering is very similar, if not identical, to the one offered at Sear's (that was mentioned upthread).

Lancome is also promoting three new perfumes, and they're offering "special" samples of them (I think that's available in all department stores,, but I'm not sure about that). I don't know if that means the typical VOCs (vial-on-cards) or if they're larger samples.

For those interested in Genifique, they also have a 7-day sample kit of them that's available, but you have to ask for it.

Speaking of Hypnose, a few days of wearing it and my skin is GLOWING. :| And the eye cream/stuff that came with the gift? Amazing. I can only afford one or the other, damn it!! :P

I rediscovered my love of Cils Booster, except it doesn't play well with my Buxom Lash. Sad for me, but a chance to use other mascaras of mine at least.

vesperholly
06-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah, somewhat. My face is oilier in the summertime, so it's a losing battle.

I also have a cystic lesion/huge zit on my chin. I've been taking vitamin D, thanks to vesperholly's advice, and I think it was helping. But hot summer temps do a number on my skin. :fragile:

:cheer2: to helping, not stupid chin acne, which I am also suffering from at the moment. Usually I break out before my period, this time it was a raging chin breakout afterward. Could also be due to the fact that the temps here shot up about 25 degrees in one weekend. One of the things I've noticed since taking vitamin D is that breakouts tend to clear up pretty quickly - average zit life seems to be around 2-3 days, even for the monster ones. Dark marks and scars, otoh ... :wall:

I've also been taking CoQ10, which is an antioxidant that I originally started taking for its energy boosting properties and it seems to help my acne as well. It can be expensive, but if anyone lives near a Wegmans, they have 30 30mg pills for $3.25.

Veronika
06-06-2011, 05:25 PM
The majority of my cystic lesions appear on my chin, but I do get them by my nose and on my forehead at times. I have a very oily t-zone (incuding the chin) and my cheeks are normal. Combination skin is the worst.

I take so many pills in the AM...I don't know if I could add any more! :)

my little pony
06-06-2011, 05:26 PM
What type of foundation is that? I've tried so many products that promise 8+ hours of oil control, but I'm shiny within 2 hours of application.

unfortunately, it is custom blended where i get my hair cut

i'm sure other people must carry it although they swear it is their proprietary blend and put their name on it