PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Veronika
05-24-2011, 02:57 PM
My love/hate relationship with mineral makeup continues...I've made orders from Everyday Minerals and Alima Pure in the last week. I think part of it is my love of samples? :)

myhoneyhoney
05-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Veronika, I've been using Everyday Minerals for a few months now and I love it! It also helps that they shades that actually match my skin tone unlike Bare Minerals.... I like Pur Minerals too.

Cyn
05-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Cyn, you have me wanting to go and get the free gift now. :lol:

Get it!! You know you want to…….it's calling your name - "……Annnnn-dorrrrrrr-aaaaaaaa……you wannnnnnnt meeeeee……come gettttt me……." ;)

Just got off the phone with the closest Macy's to us (a good haul from here), and got them to pull an order for me and put it on hold (along with my gift :biggrinbo ) until I can pick it up tomorrow. It's not the same one that Sears has going, but it's still pretty damned good - I'm getting the Génifique, the Rénergie Lift Volumetry, the Juicy Tube, the Hypnôse Drama Mascara, and the eyeshadow quad.

Wheeeeeee!! :glamor:

Norlite
05-24-2011, 05:07 PM
It was Sears that notified me. The gift is:

Choose Your Skincare Routine
Absolue Premium Bx Eye Absolute Replenishing Eye Cream
Absolue Ultimate Bx Replenishing and Restructuring Serum or

Renergie Lift Volumetry Eye Volumetric Lifing and Reshaping Eye Cream
Renergie Microlift R.A.R.E. Intense Targeted Repositioning Lifter or

Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate
Genefique Eye Youth Activating Eye Concentrate

Choose Your Specific Care
Flash Bronzer Tinted Self-Tanning Leg Gel with Pure Vitamin E or
Creme Radiance Clarifying Cream-to-Foam Cleanser or
Nutrix Royal Body Cream Intense Lipid Repair Cream

Choose Your Lip Shade
Juicy Tubes Lip Gloss - Coral Rush or
Color Design Sensational Effects Lip Color - Groupie or It Girl

Choose Your Eye Product
Color Design Sensational Effects Eyeshadow or
Definicils Precious Cells High Definiion Amplifying Mascara - Black or
Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover

Reversible Lancome Bag.

So what are the best picks, Cyn? :P

The Bay had that same GWP about a month ago.

oleada
05-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Lash Injection is my favourite waterproof mascara. I find it hard on my lashes long-term, though. I switch to Buxom Lash for day to day-- I find it actually conditions my lashes, and can be awfully dramatic.

My poor, multi-coloured hair is getting sorted out tomorrow. Sad that a proper hair cut and colour can make me so happy. :P

Thanks. I tried both the Lash Injection and the Buxom Lash, but I went with the Buxom because I liked it better. It is nice and dramatic, but better for day to day. Nice rec!!

Veronika
05-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Veronika, I've been using Everyday Minerals for a few months now and I love it! It also helps that they shades that actually match my skin tone unlike Bare Minerals.... I like Pur Minerals too.

I'm still easing my way into mineral foundation--it does blend with my skin much better, and the powder format is good for summer. I think having a good brush is key--I got some mineral brushes from ELF, and they've really helped.

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/minerals/brushes

mila19
05-24-2011, 08:19 PM
I <3 Fragonard but unfortunately they don't ship where I live and perfume shops selling it are sparse even abroad. I managed to find someone who was going to stay for a week in Italy so had her shipped Marche aux Fleurs (http://www.fragonard.com/parfums_grasse/eaux-de-toilette/marche-aux-fleurs-c-154.htm) and I'm :swoon:. And they were so nice to include 3 wet wipes of perfume samples, a pouch and a shopping bag with "J'aime tant Fragonard" with pink and coral hearts stamped. Cuteness overload :encore:

myhoneyhoney
05-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I think having a good brush is key--I got some mineral brushes from ELF, and they've really helped.

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/minerals/brushes

You're right, good brushes make a huge difference! I'll have to try out ELF. I've been using eco tools (http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2210236&productId=xlsImpprod1650245&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=88valentinesday2010&categoryId=cat80045%20cat80088%20cat80108) and I really like them. I purchased the brush set for eyes too.

Lanie
05-25-2011, 12:42 AM
I use my bare escentuals brushes for other mineral foundation. The soft brushes really help; using brushes that are harder really don't work so well!

I need new mascara. I loved some I had from Avon that separated my lashes, as I hate the clumpy dark look; I have long lashes already, I just want to make 'em look better. Any recommendations?

Andora
05-25-2011, 04:36 AM
I think I'll soon be a Moroccan Oil convert. When I lived in Toronto, my hair was generally smooth and needed only a bit of product-- my Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil did wonderfully and didn't weigh my hair down like most things did. Since I've moved out of the city, the water seems to rough my hair up. It's coarser, which is a shame, but at least it has fab volume. :P The new hair stylist I tried today used some after a cut & colour, and it's amazing! I was told there are some cheaper options that are nearly as good, but she sells the small bottle for $15, which seems to be pretty good.

I need new mascara. I loved some I had from Avon that separated my lashes, as I hate the clumpy dark look; I have long lashes already, I just want to make 'em look better. Any recommendations?

If you like the Avon price point, they had a smooth minerals mascara that I quite liked. It's not exactly comparable to Buxom, but it's in the same vein (conditions, lashes look lush, etc.), and my lashes really improved when I wore it.

IceAlisa
05-25-2011, 04:41 AM

You know. The good ole Clinique High Impact is the thing if you want separation and not necessarily monster lashes.

Southpaw
05-25-2011, 05:39 AM
I <3 Fragonard but unfortunately they don't ship where I live and perfume shops selling it are sparse even abroad. I managed to find someone who was going to stay for a week in Italy so had her shipped Marche aux Fleurs (http://www.fragonard.com/parfums_grasse/eaux-de-toilette/marche-aux-fleurs-c-154.htm) and I'm :swoon:. And they were so nice to include 3 wet wipes of perfume samples, a pouch and a shopping bag with "J'aime tant Fragonard" with pink and coral hearts stamped. Cuteness overload :encore:

A friend of mine went to Paris last year and bought me a bottle of Fragonard's Soleil. It's just ok. But he also brought back a small bottle of Belle de Nuit and I adore that one.

IceAlisa
05-25-2011, 05:45 AM
I was able to order Juste Un Baiser for my fruity floral fan friend's birthday online, no problem, directly from their office in Paris.

I am not a huge fan of Fragonard myself but if you are, you can buy their products here: http://www.fragonard.com/parfums_grasse/eaux-de-toilette/juste-un-baiser-c-72.htm

fan
05-25-2011, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=Andora;3192751]I think I'll soon be a Moroccan Oil convert. When I lived in Toronto, my hair was generally smooth and needed only a bit of product-- my Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil did wonderfully and didn't weigh my hair down like most things did. Since I've moved out of the city, the water seems to rough my hair up. It's coarser, which is a shame, but at least it has fab volume. :P The new hair stylist I tried today used some after a cut & colour, and it's amazing! I was told there are some cheaper options that are nearly as good, but she sells the small bottle for $15, which seems to be pretty good.

it's the only thing i use now - and the small bottle lasted me 3 months! i have thick/curly hair.

skatemommy
05-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi Pussycat Dolls! Thanks for the heads up on the ionic/ceramic hair dryer post! Bought one at Walmart...my hair looks like Selena Gomez :cool: