PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

IceAlisa
05-11-2011, 09:25 PM
I envy the fact that you can buy perfume like that. Everything smells like B.O. when I put it on. :scream:

Don't get me wrong: I can't wear or stand vintage Guerlains. Instant headache for me and complaints from DH.

But it's the modern ones that got me :swoon:. And interestingly, one of the two I am lusting for has the signature Guerlain accord buried in it. It shows up about 20-30 mins after you put it on and in that modern setting, i.e., surrounded by modern notes, I absolutely love it.

oleada
05-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Sephora has Colorista Custom Makeup Palett (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P286512&categoryId=C7010) on sale for $36. It's a $155 value. It has:

- 40 eye shadows
- 5 cream eyeliners
- 15 lipsticks/lipglosses
- 4 blushes
- 2 bronzers

Yeah, I totally just bought it.

Edit: What is some good mascara? I normally use Clinique, but I'm in the mood to try something new. Anything along that same price is fine....

IceAlisa
05-22-2011, 08:39 PM
That looks like a great deal, oleada! Enjoy.

Regarding mascara: After having been a loyal fan of Clinique's High Impact mascara for many years, I recently purchased the Two Faced Lash Injection (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P168368&categoryId=B70) and am in luuurve with it.

The pros: awesome awesome looooooong and separated lashes. A lot more dramatic than the High Impact. Everything the company says on the Sephora site is actually all true.
The cons: a little harder to take off with my trusty philosophy Purity but no big deal. And the price is more than the Clinique.

Cyn
05-23-2011, 03:01 AM
A heads-up for new Genefique fans, I just went to buy another bottle and the woman told me to wait a couple of weeks because there's a gift with purchase starting May 28th. :cheer2:

Which store is doing the Gift w/ Purchase? They usually stagger them between major Department stores so they're not all "in gift" at the same time. :)

I have a $50.00 Gift Card from Macy's that is burning a hole in my pocket :drama: :biggrinbo - makeup would be the perfect thing to blow it on :lol:

Sephora has Colorista Custom Makeup Palett (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P286512&categoryId=C7010) on sale for $36. It's a $155 value. It has:

- 40 eye shadows
- 5 cream eyeliners
- 15 lipsticks/lipglosses
- 4 blushes
- 2 bronzers

Yeah, I totally just bought it.

Edit: What is some good mascara? I normally use Clinique, but I'm in the mood to try something new. Anything along that same price is fine....

Whoooaaa…..must…..stay…..away……..:drama:……that temptation is pulling me in like the Millennium Falcon to the Death Star :rofl:

I'm currently in love with Lancome's Hypnose Drama mascara - it thickens and lengthens my lashes so where it almost looks like I'm wearing false ones. It is, unfortunately, $25.00/tube, but in my case, with my sparse lashes, it's worth it.

attyfan
05-23-2011, 03:17 AM
Which store is doing the Gift w/ Purchase? They usually stagger them between major Department stores so they're not all "in gift" at the same time. :)

I have a $50.00 Gift Card from Macy's that is burning a hole in my pocket :drama: :biggrinbo - makeup would be the perfect thing to blow it on :lol:

Lucky you, especially since an ad for Macy's announcing the "gift with purchase" was in my LA Times this morning.

kimkom
05-23-2011, 04:07 AM

It was Sears that notified me. The gift is:

Choose Your Skincare Routine
Absolue Premium Bx Eye Absolute Replenishing Eye Cream
Absolue Ultimate Bx Replenishing and Restructuring Serum or

Renergie Lift Volumetry Eye Volumetric Lifing and Reshaping Eye Cream
Renergie Microlift R.A.R.E. Intense Targeted Repositioning Lifter or

Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate
Genefique Eye Youth Activating Eye Concentrate

Choose Your Specific Care
Flash Bronzer Tinted Self-Tanning Leg Gel with Pure Vitamin E or
Creme Radiance Clarifying Cream-to-Foam Cleanser or
Nutrix Royal Body Cream Intense Lipid Repair Cream

Choose Your Lip Shade
Juicy Tubes Lip Gloss - Coral Rush or
Color Design Sensational Effects Lip Color - Groupie or It Girl

Choose Your Eye Product
Color Design Sensational Effects Eyeshadow or
Definicils Precious Cells High Definiion Amplifying Mascara - Black or
Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover

Reversible Lancome Bag.

So what are the best picks, Cyn? :P

oleada
05-23-2011, 04:15 AM
Regarding mascara: After having been a loyal fan of Clinique's High Impact mascara for many years, I recently purchased the Two Faced Lash Injection (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P168368&categoryId=B70) and am in luuurve with it.

The pros: awesome awesome looooooong and separated lashes. A lot more dramatic than the High Impact. Everything the company says on the Sephora site is actually all true.
The cons: a little harder to take off with my trusty philosophy Purity but no big deal. And the price is more than the Clinique.

That is the same kind I use (Clinique's High Impact). Thanks for th rec, as I am looking for something more dramatic. I'll definitely consider it. I'm going to be wandering around Sephora tomorrow. :rollin:

Andora
05-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Lash Injection is my favourite waterproof mascara. I find it hard on my lashes long-term, though. I switch to Buxom Lash for day to day-- I find it actually conditions my lashes, and can be awfully dramatic.

My poor, multi-coloured hair is getting sorted out tomorrow. Sad that a proper hair cut and colour can make me so happy. :P

oleada
05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
My mom has booked us for a spa with a hot stone massage, chocotherapy, mani-pedi and facial while I'm in Colombia next week :summer:

I'm sooo excited! I've had facials and mani pedis before but never a massage. I am going to be so blissed out.

IceAlisa
05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
What do you mean it's hard on lashes long term, Andora? I've been using it for about 2 months now, should I be switching? :eek:

Andora
05-23-2011, 06:06 PM
What do you mean it's hard on lashes long term, Andora? I've been using it for about 2 months now, should I be switching? :eek:

Probably not-- it's not a common complaint with the mascara. :) I find my lashes sometimes disagree with certain mascaras, and it doesn't matter the price point. The harder it is to remove, the more they fall out. I hated the Blinc mascara, for example, but none of my friends had the same concern. The Too Faced Lash Injection (especially with the mini brush) is fantastic and easier on my lashes than any other water proof mascara, just not daily for me. But that's just me and my wimpy, blonde lashes. :P

zhenya271
05-23-2011, 10:31 PM

Choose Your Lip Shade

Choose Your Eye Product

Reversible Lancome Bag.

Sears sells Lancome?! :wideeyes:

IceAlisa
05-24-2011, 01:10 AM
Whew! I've been happy with the Lash Injection but just to be on the safe side will switch it up with High Impact for work and save Lash Injection for the weekend/night out.

Cyn
05-24-2011, 01:22 AM

Choose Your Lip Shade

Choose Your Eye Product

Reversible Lancome Bag.

Dayum…that's one of the better gift choices I've seen in a long time. And at Sears? :rofl:

Absolute, Rénergie, and Génefique, are all :respec: - the difference between Absolue and Rénergie is generally associated with age - the former is primarily recommended for pre-menopausal/post-menopausal women (ie., mid to late 40s through late 50s in age), whereas Absolue works best with women who are around 60 to their early 70s. That's kind of a ballpark guesstimate - a lot of it depends on how damaged one's skin is, how dry, etc.

Génifique can be used with any age except teens/early 20s. It's also a concentrate, meaning that it goes on under any serums and moisturizers (like Rénergie and Absolue).

I use the original Génifique concentrate (offered in the gift) and Génfique Repair (not offered :( ). As far as moisturizers go, I use the High Resolution eye, face, and night moisturizers (not offered). I have tried the Rénergie Intense Repositioning Lifter (offered), and it is awesome stuff. It ain't cheap ($95.00 a pop), but the stuff works wonders to lift and repair aging skin.

I'm not real keen on bronzers and am not overly impressed with Lancome's, but the Creme Radiance foaming cleanser is definitely good stuff. The Nutrix Royal Intense Lipid Repair Cream is supposed to be some of the best stuff out there. I have two friends, one who has ezcema, and the other who went through radiation for cancer. Both said that the Nutrix worked miracles with their skin, which was incredibly dry, red, cracked, etc. It's very potent stuff, much more than regular moisturizing creams, so if that's a product you can use, get it. Definitely.

So on the skincare stuff, I guess it's up to you. I adore Génifique and would snatch that stuff up in a NY minute, but the two Rénergie products are very, very, tempting, especially the Volumetric Lifting Eye Cream as it's a brand new product - if it works as well as Lifter serum, it will be a huge seller.

As for the lipstick vs. Juicy Tube, I guess that depends on the color and what works best with your skin tone.

The Definicils Precious Cells Mascara has a booster in it to help stimulate lash growth. I've never tried it, but their eyeshadows are great, depending on the color, and I love love love their Bi-Facil - it works better than any other eye makeup remover I've ever tried.

How that for a review? ;) :lol:

Andora
05-24-2011, 03:02 AM
Cyn, you have me wanting to go and get the free gift now. :lol:

A friend of mine Tweeted earlier today how great Clean & Clear's foaming makeup remover/wash was, and I found it on sale while I was out. Holy cow, she wasn't kidding. Might be a bit harsh on some skin, but it certainly kicked my makeup's ass and took names. Great cheaper alternative if you need one.