PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Stormy
04-26-2011, 04:14 PM
My nail tech has gorgeous lashes so I asked her what mascara she uses and she said Maybelliene's Lash Stiletto. I picked it up at CVS last night and so far I like it. It's not clumpy and provided some lengthening. It hasn't irritated my contacts either. The real test will be getting it off tonight with my Bliss Lid and Lash Wash.

I also got lighter highlights in my hair for the first time ever on Saturday. I've only gotten highlights once before and they were reddish and you could barely see them. They're now a light caramel color and I love them. I'm afraid I'll be addicted to highlighting my hair forever now! Is there a good shampoo for highlighted hair? I don't want them to fade.

Veronika
04-26-2011, 04:21 PM
My hair is looking a little better, yet uneven. It's not so bad that someone would say something about it...but if I point it out, you notice. :lol: I'm going to fix it this weekend. It still feels like it's in pretty good shape.

I have 5 mascaras in my backup stash right now: Prestige My Biggest Lashes, NYC Showtime, NYX Doll Eye Volume, Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous, and Maybelline The Falsies. I've only ever tried the Maybelline ones before.

People often ask me what mascara I use...and I will tell them. But I also tell them that I have naturally thick and long lashes to start with. :shuffle: There was one girl last year who actually said "Are those [really] your eyelashes?" :o

PDilemma
04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
I also got lighter highlights in my hair for the first time ever on Saturday. I've only gotten highlights once before and they were reddish and you could barely see them. They're now a light caramel color and I love them. I'm afraid I'll be addicted to highlighting my hair forever now! Is there a good shampoo for highlighted hair? I don't want them to fade.

I've always used Paul Mitchell's formula for color-treated hair. My highlights always last, so it must be good!

made_in_canada
04-26-2011, 06:04 PM
My nail tech has gorgeous lashes so I asked her what mascara she uses and she said Maybelliene's Lash Stiletto. I picked it up at CVS last night and so far I like it. It's not clumpy and provided some lengthening. It hasn't irritated my contacts either. The real test will be getting it off tonight with my Bliss Lid and Lash Wash.

That's what I use when I'm too cheap for my Lancome mascara. It sometimes smudges if I'm somewhere with a lot of moisture but other than that it's really good.

skategal
04-26-2011, 08:25 PM
I've always used Paul Mitchell's formula for color-treated hair. My highlights always last, so it must be good!

Good to know....I just picked up a bottle and used it for the first time this morning. :)

KikiSashaFan
05-02-2011, 04:04 AM
Apologies if this has been talked about before, but does anyone have a recommendation for a good facial sunscreen? I'm super pale and burn like crazy but my skin is also oily and extremely sensitive, and I've yet to find a strong enough suncreen that stops me from burning and doesn't make me break out like crazy.

oleada
05-02-2011, 04:07 AM
Apologies if this has been talked about before, but does anyone have a recommendation for a good facial sunscreen? I'm super pale and burn like crazy but my skin is also oily and extremely sensitive, and I've yet to find a strong enough suncreen that stops me from burning and doesn't make me break out like crazy.

My mom swears by the Avene sunscreen:
http://www.aveneusa.com/high-protection-cream-spf50/

mila19
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM

La Roche Posay Anthelios has a wide range of sunscreens varying in SPF and depending on your type of skin. I have the coloured lotion version with 50SPF for sun allergy prone skin and I love it.

Andrushka
05-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Garnier Frutis has a moisturizer with SPF in it.I don't tend it burn but it doesn't make my skin oily.

Andora
05-02-2011, 05:36 PM
My mom swears by Avene, also, and considering she doesn't often reapply and is outside quite a bit during the summer, her tanned vs. burned skin speaks volumes about it.

I can't stand it, myself, and I'm more pale than she is. I suck it up with a Neutrogena face sunscreen in the summer. I'm not sure if it makes my skin oily, because my face tends to sweat a lot in hot weather, especially if I'm doing something active. It does me pretty well.

I recommend staying away from Vichy sunscreens, though. I was at an all-day backyard barbeque and wound up with quite the burn. I was even vigilant about re-application, and the spf was quite high.

beepbeep
05-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Cherry Cutture's NYX Annual Mega Sale
50% off until May 8th

I liked it. My credit card didn't :P

my little pony
05-04-2011, 02:09 AM
last year my deodorant was discontinued but i could still find it. now it is getting harder to find. so i'm drinking.

Andora
05-11-2011, 08:03 PM
NYX is having some mega sale on their website this Sunday, fro 12-12 PST. Of course, like all things NYX, it's not open to Canadians. :P

It looks like NYX is really modelling themselves after higher end brands. Their HD primers and foundations have been compared to Smashbox stuff, and the packaging looks like it could be Make Up Forever's. NYX also has a nude shadow set that is really similar to Urban Decay's Naked pallette. One of the cosmeticians at the local drug store was telling me how she used NYX in her makeup kit instead of MAC at times, especially eye shadows, because they were fairly comparable at a decent price.

I feel like I've come full circle. :lol: It's NYX that got me to experiment more with makeup five years ago (away from my mascara/lipstick only rut), and I'm back again. If only there were more options up here...

IceAlisa
05-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I shall not buy anymore perfume I shall not buy anymore perfume I shall not buy anymore perfume I shall not buy anymore perfume...especially if it's the uber expensive limited edition Guerlain.

I will just hint and hint until someone gifts it to me...:shuffle: Wedding anniversary is coming up soon...

kimkom
05-11-2011, 08:57 PM
I shall not buy anymore perfume I shall not buy anymore perfume I shall not buy anymore perfume I shall not buy anymore perfume...

I envy the fact that you can buy perfume like that. Everything smells like B.O. when I put it on. :scream:

A heads-up for new Genefique fans, I just went to buy another bottle and the woman told me to wait a couple of weeks because there's a gift with purchase starting May 28th. :cheer2: