PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

vesperholly
04-17-2011, 03:46 AM
Wedding makeup job complete! The bride's makeup. (http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/215211_10100143010802234_23312017_47629354_7662666 _n.jpg) She loved it and wants me to do her makeup for engagement pictures (they didn't get them done earlier). :cheer2:

I did three of the bridesmaids and two flower girls who were SO cute. Just a little dab of shadow and blush. Boy, am I envious of the perfect skin that children have! I watched some videos of pro makeup artists putting mascara on clients, so that was much easier this time around. I had them look straight at me, I'd put the wand on their lashes and have them blink slowly down to apply. I still need to work on my technique with gel liner, though. It was difficult to get a smooth, even line.

But, everyone was really happy with their makeup! I really enjoyed the experience and hopefully I'll get more clients this summer! :)

PDilemma
04-17-2011, 04:12 PM
I watched some videos of pro makeup artists putting mascara on clients, so that was much easier this time around. I had them look straight at me, I'd put the wand on their lashes and have them blink slowly down to apply.

That method doesn't work on teenage boys. :lol:

I've had the joy of putting mascara on teenage boys with blond lashes for stage make-up. There is no method that works easily because they are busy freaking out about it.

attyfan
04-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Wedding makeup job complete! The bride's makeup. (http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/215211_10100143010802234_23312017_47629354_7662666 _n.jpg) She loved it and wants me to do her makeup for engagement pictures (they didn't get them done earlier). :cheer2:

I did three of the bridesmaids and two flower girls who were SO cute. Just a little dab of shadow and blush. Boy, am I envious of the perfect skin that children have! I watched some videos of pro makeup artists putting mascara on clients, so that was much easier this time around. I had them look straight at me, I'd put the wand on their lashes and have them blink slowly down to apply. I still need to work on my technique with gel liner, though. It was difficult to get a smooth, even line.

But, everyone was really happy with their makeup! I really enjoyed the experience and hopefully I'll get more clients this summer! :)

Well done! Thanks for posting the picture.

my little pony
04-18-2011, 04:16 AM
congratulations vh!

my salon started custom blending foundation. i said, so what, like there arent fifty eleven foundations on the market already.

zomg, it's amazing. amazing.

Andora
04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
VH, you did a fab job!

I recently moved out of the big city to a small-ish town. I think I was meant to live here. The two local drug stores carry more than any of the 6 or 7 near me in the city did, including the mostly impossible to find Bioderma Sensibo 500ml bottl. There's twice the NYX makeup nearby than anywhere I've seen north of the border, and it's a VERY short drive to the best Sephora I've been to this side of New York City. I think my goal to spend less on makeup will be very easily derailed.

I bought a few things from Clarins' multi-active line, and love it! Next will be the Genefique.

Norlite
04-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Andora, you must PM me to let me know where this fabulous Sephora is. All the ones in Ontario seem to disappoint me.

Speaking of Sephora, I was in the Syracuse one the other day and damn, they don't carry Illamasqua. ( None in Canada do either)They said the Buffalo store carry it but that's too far for me to pop over just for a day. :(

KikiSashaFan
04-25-2011, 12:34 AM
I'd also be interested in which Sephora you're talking about. They seem to be hit and miss...

Veronika
04-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I am never, ever going to try to highlight my hair at home again. I dyed my hair on Friday morning, and the color was supposed to be medium blonde...my hair is naturally dark blonde, with some greys. :P Well, once I was done with the dye, my hair was dark blonde. I pretty much expected that, so on Sunday I decided to use a highlighting kit that I had bought a while ago.

In the past, the issue with home highlighting has been the fact that the top part of my hair ends up being much lighter than the bottom. (Which makes sense, since your head is warm so the chemical reaction speeds up.) That's what I was worried about this time...but no, this time the highlights are uneven and random.

I'm wearing my hair up for now, I'm trying to see how bad it really looks after I wash it a few more times. I may have to break down and go to the salon to get it fixed...but I know that's going to be expensive. Argh!!! I should just stick to the regular, all over color that always seems to work for me.

Lanie
04-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Veronika, I was going to highlight my hair at home! Now I won't! I hope you can get it fixed. I got a weave done at a salon and now I want to fix my roots; I'm too cheap. :rofl:

Veronika
04-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Well, not everyone is as inept as I am. What kind of highlighting kit do you have? Also, I think it would probably work better if you had someone else help you apply the dye. (I didn't think my husband was up to the task.) ;)

Lanie
04-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Well, not everyone is as inept as I am. What kind of highlighting kit do you have? Also, I think it would probably work better if you had someone else help you apply the dye. (I didn't think my husband was up to the task.) ;)

My mom is visiting next week, maybe I can get her to do it. I was just going to pick something up at Target.

Veronika
04-25-2011, 03:18 PM
This is the only one that worked well for me in the past...I wasn't able to find it the last time I shopped for it. http://www.clairol.com/herbalessences/highlights/index.jsp

Good luck! :)

vesperholly
04-25-2011, 09:48 PM
It also depends on what kind of applicator you use. I HATE those big plastic comb things that most kits come with. I prefer fine highlights so I use disposable mascara wands, they're so much more precise. You can get them at Sally Beauty or online.

star_gazer11
04-26-2011, 02:51 AM
I bought Aveeno's spf 15 moisterizer and I think it's a keeper for me. It has a more matte finish than the Olay I'd been using. I'm not crazy about the light soy smell, but it's not a dealbreaker.

IceAlisa
04-26-2011, 03:05 AM
I've been cheating on Clinique High Impact mascara with Two Faced Lash Injection. I really love the way it makes my lashes look but it's a bit more of a pain to take off. It does come off with my trusty Philosophy Purity make up remover but in little bits and pieces.