PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Stefanie
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm going to a Mary Kay party on Saturday. I really want to buy one of their reusable compacts, but to even fill it up from the get-go is going to cost over $40. The smallest compact costs $16.00 and the applicators (blush and eyeshadow) cost $5.00. It holds three eyeshadows and one blush.

And a Mary Kay consultant would tell me to just book a party if I want to get it at a discount.

vesperholly
04-13-2011, 01:37 AM
I'm on a serious "no-buy" for makeup, starting immediately. I have so much stuff at home, I think it would take me 10 years to finish everything up. The only thing you need to regularly throw out is mascara and lipstick (if it goes bad)...I've found that eyeshadow and blush never really go bad.

You and me both! I actually sat down and did an inventory of all my makeup so that if I do buy something new, it's not another taupe eyeshadow :shuffle: I'm still working on a MAC Studio Finish concealer from about 2002 (and it's still good!) to give you an idea of the speed of my makeup consumption ... I swear that thing is neverending!

Veronika
04-13-2011, 02:42 AM
You and me both! I actually sat down and did an inventory of all my makeup so that if I do buy something new, it's not another taupe eyeshadow :shuffle: I'm still working on a MAC Studio Finish concealer from about 2002 (and it's still good!) to give you an idea of the speed of my makeup consumption ... I swear that thing is neverending!

I have tons of taupe too...it's universally flattering. :)

Sounds like the MAC concealer is a great deal! Concealer is one of the rare things I do end up going through a lot of. I like Milani's HD Advanced concealer, it's a cheap dupe for the YSL stuff that everyone loves.

IceAlisa
04-13-2011, 02:49 AM
I run out of things all the time. Like my beloved Colorscience concealer, mascara, blush, tinted moisturizer, the Lorac eye shadow in Serenity and Chanel lipgloss in Giggle. I have a feeling I will soon be needing another tube of my Clinique lipstick in Creamy Nude.

Andora
04-13-2011, 05:48 AM
I gave up makeup for lent. It's done wonders to really use up things I hadn't touched in awhile. Especially seeing as I'm close to running out of some staples. My Easter Saturday Sephora visit will be LEGENDARY. ;)

I'm all about blush lately. After not even owning one for some time, I'm finding I put it on quite often these days. I always figured I'd look SO overdone with it on if my eyes were done up, or even a simple eyeliner/lipstick combo, but no. Light dusting of blush does wonders. I'm big on just mascara and blush for a quick daytime look. Sometimes I put a bronzer slightly below it for dimension. I can't wait to buy more cream blushes-- especially ones that work as a lip colour. I could maybe stop carrying so damn much makeup with me. :P

IceAlisa
04-13-2011, 06:09 AM
For a second there I thought you gave up using make up. But you just gave up buying make up, right?

Andora
04-13-2011, 06:21 AM
For a second there I thought you gave up using make up. But you just gave up buying make up, right?

Yes, just nothing new for the 40 days. Helps me appreciate and actually use what I have. Instead of getting some notion that I have to go out and find the perfect taupe eyeshadow, or a new lipstick that's the right berry for spring.

IceAlisa
04-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Whew.

Southpaw
04-15-2011, 03:56 AM
My blow dryer died so I did some research and came up with the Revlon RV544 (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=82944/RV544_Tourmaline_Ionic_Hairdryer/Revlon/Hair_Styling_Tools)Tourmaline Ionic dryer. It got solid reviews as an inexpensive tourmaline dryer. The tourmaline dryers can be pretty pricey. I found it at my local Walgreens for $26, I probably could it bought it for a bit cheaper at Wal-Mart but all things considered with gas and whatnot I decided to stay local.

It really is a great blow dryer! My hair was suffering from coarse frizzies for years and I thought it was because my hair is changing texture as I'm getting older. Nope. It was my dang Vidal Sassoon hair dryer because the Revlon makes my hair so shiny and tame again. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

kimkom
04-15-2011, 04:19 AM
I love my Ionic blow dryer. It drove me crazy at first because it didn't seem as powerful, but it still dried faster than my old one.

I just finished my Dior eye cream, and I want to try something else (I didn't like it much). I'm using up all of the samples I've accumulated first, but I'm trying to decide what to try next.

CYN...HELP! :lol:

Lancome's latest GWP is Rénergie Multiple Action Ultimate Rejuvenating Eye Duo - Two-Step Eye Care (http://lancome.ca/Rénergie-Eye-Multiple-Action/CA-900000,default,pd.html). It looks interesting, but since I love the Genefique Serum so much, I was going to give the Genefique eye serum a try.

Veronika
04-15-2011, 05:14 AM
I also have a Revlon Tourmaline Ionic dryer...and I love it. I think it's closer in style to this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Revlon-1875W-Tourmaline-Ionic-Ceramic-Travel-Hair-Dryer/14540353

Cyn
04-15-2011, 05:37 AM
I love my Ionic blow dryer. It drove me crazy at first because it didn't seem as powerful, but it still dried faster than my old one.

I just finished my Dior eye cream, and I want to try something else (I didn't like it much). I'm using up all of the samples I've accumulated first, but I'm trying to decide what to try next.

CYN...HELP! :lol:

Lancome's latest GWP is Rénergie Multiple Action Ultimate Rejuvenating Eye Duo - Two-Step Eye Care (http://lancome.ca/Rénergie-Eye-Multiple-Action/CA-900000,default,pd.html). It looks interesting, but since I love the Genefique Serum so much, I was going to give the Genefique eye serum a try.

I'm on it - :sekret: cosmetic reconnaissance mission will commence tomorrow at 13:00, after which I will report back. :rofl:

My :sekret: spares no bullshit as to what is worth the money and what isn't - for example, the original Genifique serum is a far better product than the Genefique cream serum.

Right now I use their High Res. Collaser 5X Eye serum (as well as the facial serum mate) with the High Res. Refill Eye (and facial) moisturizers along with the Génifique and the results are extraordinary. However, if the Génifique eye serum proves to work better than the Collaser 5X, I'll be switching over to it in a nanosecond.

No idea about the new Rénergie formula and how it works - I do use the Microlift R.A.R.E. eye and facial moisturizers instead of the High Resolution for overnight as my skin has been extra-dry this winter, and it has helped a lot. If the new formula is a marked improvement, I will be switching to that as well.

(bah, food -- who needs it when there are amazing skin care products beckoning to me like the Sirens to Odysseus?)

Lanie
04-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Has anyone used the Strivectin cream for undereye wrinkles? A friend of mine recommended it and we have the same problem: genetic undereye wrinkles and bags. She says it's great but I'm still wary. I almost got it before my wedding in 2009 but I didn't feel like it. In the sun you can't tell so much, but inside, you can really tell!

Totally random but I got some lip gloss from a friend who sells Avon. It's their mineral lip gloss in cranberry and oh, man, it's so pretty and not so sticky. Doesn't stay very long but I have a habit of pursing my lips and stuff if I'm wearing anything on my lips, so maybe it's me. :rofl:

I was pondering trying a peach lipstick because I heard that would be a good color for my coloring. (I'm fair with some freckles, hazel eyes and brown hair!) Any recommendations? My mom is visiting next month and she loves to buy me makeup. :shuffle:

attyfan
04-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Has anyone used the Strivectin cream for undereye wrinkles? A friend of mine recommended it and we have the same problem: genetic undereye wrinkles and bags. She says it's great but I'm still wary. I almost got it before my wedding in 2009 but I didn't feel like it. In the sun you can't tell so much, but inside, you can really tell!

I got a sample from Sephora to try it on mine (undereye bags and dark circles, as well as wrinkles); didn't do anything for me, but I don't think my problem is genetic If you can get to a Sephora shop, just ask them for a sample; it may well work for you. Kinerase, however, did wonders for my bags and dark circles, but not for the wrinkles ... but I heard that Sephora won't be carrying that line anymore, so I don't know what I will do.

vesperholly
04-15-2011, 08:04 PM
I was pondering trying a peach lipstick because I heard that would be a good color for my coloring. (I'm fair with some freckles, hazel eyes and brown hair!) Any recommendations? My mom is visiting next month and she loves to buy me makeup. :shuffle:

I have a really nice peach/nude lipstick, Femme from Victoria's Secret. MAC also makes some really nice peaches, like Shy Girl. If you want to go uber-expensive, try YSL Rouge Volupte in 13 or 26.

Make sure you can either try the lipstick on or return it if it isn't the right color, because I've found that peach lipsticks can make you teeth look yellow if they're not quite the right shade.