PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Puss 3: Don't Hate Us Because We're Beautiful

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Andrushka
04-05-2011, 09:36 PM
*chips

IceAlisa
04-05-2011, 11:46 PM
What do you guys think: this woman is 55 and had a lot and I mean A LOT cosmetic procedures. But apart from some weird looking dimples around the nasolabial folds, she looks fine, IMO.
I can't imagine doing as many as 14 cosmetic procedures under general anesthesia--too many things can go wrong but what brings her count up are the injectable and peeling procedures that are a lot less risky.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/woman-takes-anti-age-surgeries-to-extreme-24795116

beepbeep
04-06-2011, 01:49 AM
My nail polsh stash (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=973099&l=029459535f&id=100000134116302) :yikes:

IceAlisa
04-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Wow. That is impressive!

I am now wearing Essie Topless and Barefoot (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kqRwAZ12CAI/TWmY_YFV4DI/AAAAAAAABnM/uF2_GfFLMGk/s1600/EssieToplessandBarefoot.JPG) and am loving it. Since I can't wear crazy colors to work, I have about 5 or 6 different nudes and neutrals to play with.

Veronika
04-06-2011, 03:03 AM
My nail polsh stash (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=973099&l=029459535f&id=100000134116302) :yikes:

Very impressive!

Anita18
04-06-2011, 07:15 AM
What do you guys think: this woman is 55 and had a lot and I mean A LOT cosmetic procedures. But apart from some weird looking dimples around the nasolabial folds, she looks fine, IMO.
I can't imagine doing as many as 14 cosmetic procedures under general anesthesia--too many things can go wrong but what brings her count up are the injectable and peeling procedures that are a lot less risky.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/woman-takes-anti-age-surgeries-to-extreme-24795116
Her eyes actually look pretty good considering everything she's done to them, but her lips are edging toward :yikes: and when she talks, her face doesn't move much. :shuffle: You can definitely tell she's had a lot of work done.

She didn't look all too hot during the recovery photos either. :yikes:

And yeah, she doesn't look 55. But then again she doesn't look like she's any age either, considering all the plastic surgery.

IceAlisa
04-06-2011, 07:26 AM
I've seen those yucky dimples in people who get their own fat injected into their face (can take a few tries for it to work) but I am sure it's a lot more than that. At this point it's hard to sort out what's what.

And yes, of course you would look swollen and bruised after a face lift and like a burn victim after laser resurfacing, because well, you ARE in a sense a burn victim.

Veronika
04-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Any have any experience selling Avon? I was thinking of starting a new thread to ask for advice, but I thought I would start here. It looks like I will need a part-time job, and I figured that I could use my love of makeup for something good.

My backup plan is trying to work in the cosmetics area at Walgreens. :) I worked at Walgreens for a year (a very long time ago), so I already know how they work.

Norlite
04-06-2011, 02:31 PM
The only experience with Avon I have is my best friend years ago and my DIL recently. Both enjoyed it, neither made much money. Certainly not enough to really consider it a PT job.

I personally would consider it more of a hobby for someone into makeup. That's just my opinion and I'm sure there must be people out there making money off it. I've just never heard of it.

I'd say work at a guaranteed wage.

Andora
04-06-2011, 05:34 PM
I sell Avon and it hasn't been a big money-maker. But to be fair, I don't put near the time or effort into it that I'd wanted to. Everytime I start, something comes up. Plus, I don't find so many women in Toronto are interested. I sell mostly to my future MIL, my mom and her friends. I think if I didn't work from home, I'd have a better base to start from. It doesn't help that I try not to push brochures on my friends, beause I don't want them to feel pressured to buy. I am moving to a smaller town soon, though, and plan to start fresh, tackle it more, really give it a go. There are big success stories regarding Avon, and they do offer you help and run many seminars. My District Manager is always checking in (but not intrusively).

It's only a 10% or less profit for you, so something to keep in mind.

The makeup is nice and worth selling (great prices!) and some of the specialized skincare items are great, but I'm not a huge fan of the foundations or regular moisturizers/eye creams. My mom did switch to an Avon product from Genefique when she retired in order to save money, and loves it.

Speaking of skincare, does anyone use Clarins? I have samples of this night recovery cream that's wonderful and part of this "early wrinkles" line. I'm not sure it does anything for wrinkles, but my skin looks a little less dull in the mornings. :) This plus an ionic clay mask from the body shop has done my face wonders of late. I'm considering trying Genefique, but I still worry I shouldn't be starting it too early. I thought L'Oreal's Youth Code was their cheaper (less fantastic) version, but it doesn't seem to get great reviews.

Cyn
04-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Andora, if you're in your 30's, you're in the prime of starting to use Genifique :) . It's the various moisurizers (designed for specific skin aging) that you need to be careful of.

As for trying to make extra $$ selling make-up, I've found that one's better off getting a part-time job working a counter at a department store than going it alone with Avon, Mary Kay, or the like.

Andora
04-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Andora, if you're in your 30's, you're in the prime of starting to use Genifique :) . It's the various moisurizers (designed for specific skin aging) that you need to be careful of.

As for trying to make extra $$ selling make-up, I've found that one's better off getting a part-time job working a counter at a department store than going it alone with Avon, Mary Kay, or the like.

Excellent!

And I agree, re: Avon. I started it so I had a place to get it from. And at a discount. :lol: My friends were part of the equation initially, but I started feeling guilty making money off of them. :shuffle: I'm really not built to be in sales. :P

IceAlisa
04-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Ladies, you have got to try this make up kit: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3230265

I wondered into an Ulta the other day and saw that this baby was only $19.99! And although the shadows and glosses are on the small side, the colors are 90% usable and are very good quality.

Today I did my make up almost exclusively with this kit only adding Lorac's Serenity eyeshadow and it looks terrific. Just the right amount of pigment and good staying power. I am sure I will use all the colors excepting the purples and the emerald green and the teal which is quite a bit for a palette. And I wore the lip gloss in Mischief today and am thinking of buying the full size I like it so much (I need another lip gloss like I need a hole in the head).

Seriously, this is a very good bargain with mostly excellent, usable colors. Check it out!

oleada
04-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the recommendation. That's an amazing deal!

Did Ulta stop selling OPI polishes online? I'm participating in a nail polish exchange at another forum, and I can't find any on their website. There's no Ulta near me.

Veronika
04-12-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm on a serious "no-buy" for makeup, starting immediately. I have so much stuff at home, I think it would take me 10 years to finish everything up. The only thing you need to regularly throw out is mascara and lipstick (if it goes bad)...I've found that eyeshadow and blush never really go bad.